OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Was at footlocker Topanga last night.  Spoke to an employee, here's what he told me:

-WTK will release stateside...not sure when, but when it does it might be limited to just one HOH.

Why even bother releasing them if your going to sell them at 1 location. Nike is so wack. I bet not even 1 person who really wants them will get them. It'll be employee or employees friend to resell. I think I'm getting too old for these games Nike plays :smh:

Was at footlocker Topanga last night.  Spoke to an employee, here's what he told me:

-Next pair dropping are the mine grays at the end of November.

-WTK will release stateside...not sure when, but when it does it might be limited to just one HOH.

-He was 100% sure that there will be another Xmas Kobe 8.

Dude was a Kobe 8 fan so I do kind of believe him, but then again he did say that the Fades were  a QS, so I guess take the info with a grain of salt.
So we are not going get any TB cw?

Yeah, the Xmas 2s have more or less been confirmed earlier in the thread so the guy's right about those. I think there might have even been a style code or colorway description posted for the Xmas 2s earlier in this thread, can't remember exactly though.

WTKs dropping stateside (despite being limited) also sounds right, especially after reading the posts that KB24 plans to drop them. I would've been surprised if they kept those exclusive to Asia, unlike the Fireworks which had an actual China tie-in. Not gonna cop them, but cool for the guys that want the WTKs.

So we are not going get any TB cw?
I think there's still more than enough time to drop TBs. Still got like 3 months or so left of 8s.

Last edited:
^

Relax.

He was probably talking to a kobeoverbron type of shoe store employee.

They're not dropping at only one location.

We've seen it happen before with other models. I'd only buy these if they were a gr anyways so it doesnt really matter. Just silly if they release in one specific store. You know shady stuff will happen and people.who want them wont have a chance

Finally got a pair of MC's  Big Thanks to Youngwl31,  He always post "he is trying to help ppl out"  so I thought i'd post to help him with some proof. 

Thanks man. 

kobe-bryant-in-what-the-kobe-8-570x570.jpg

Not sure if already posted but Kobe in the WTK 8s...Not much of a fan I'd like them more if each shoe was the same instead of them having different dominate colors.

Not sure if posted, tried to look back to see but could't find it

Nike Kobe 8 “Mine Grey”
Color:  Mine Grey/Court Purple-University Red-Black
Style Code:  555035-003
Release Date:  11/30/13

lmao at dudes who dont own lebron sneakers.

i remember when i wouldnt wear kobe sneakers just bc i thought he was a garbage copycat mj.

i love kobe sneakers now.  and hes pretty good. def top 25 player

exactly what i meant by stans.

im almost afraid that the kobe 8 is so near perfect that the next model will pale in comparison

Never understood the :x Lebrons, I only wear Kobe's. I always felt the ones who thought that like were too caught up in a nonexistent rivalry between the two players.

I remember being so excited when Kobe signed with Nike. I was only wearing Jordans and Nike retros then, ready for something new. But I felt Kobe's first three Nike kicks weren't that good so I couldn't get on board with the line and stuck with my usual. By the time the IV dropped I was too deep into Jordans and didn't even notice Nike had finally dropped a classic for Kobe. Had lost hope they would be able to. Saw Carpe Diems and MLKs and hopped on. But by the time I did the line was moving into the V. Missed out on some nice Kobe IV colorways being stuck on Jordans. Some of you that don't rock Lebrons may feel the same down the line.

Missed out on some nice Kobe IV colorways being stuck on Jordans. Some of you that don't rock Lebrons may feel the same down the line.
Was actually thinking the same thing last night in terms of the Lebrons and KD's. Really none of the shoe lines for players have ever been instant hits like Jordans were, with the first 2-3 lines definitely being a little weird, but then picking up around the 4s or 5s. I missed out on plenty of Lebrons because I didn't get into the line until the 8s. Same with the Kobes as I didn't get on them till the 7s. I'm sure there are people who don't wear Kobes and are just missing out on the 8s. 
mean.gif
 Better to try shoes from multiple players and if you like them, cop them. If not, then don't mess with em.

lmao at dudes who dont own lebron sneakers.

i remember when i wouldnt wear kobe sneakers just bc i thought he was a garbage copycat mj.

i love kobe sneakers now.  and hes pretty good. def top 25 player
I was actually the same way about Lebron, and even other shoe brands outside of Nike for a bit. Then I got over it and realized that the name or brand of the shoe has nothing to do whether it's a comfortable and well made shoe. There are Jordans I like and Jordans I hate, Kobes I like and Kobes I hate, etc. All about just buying what you like regardless of the name or the brand.

I actually do agree with you on the Kobe 8 being so good that the 9 just won't be able to equal it. The 8's one of the most comfortable shoes i've ever worn (probably on behind Nike Free Runs) and I can't help but feel the 9's going to disappoint...And let's be honest, that $220 starting price isn't doing the line any favors.

Finally got a pair of MC's  Big Thanks to Youngwl31,  He always post "he is trying to help ppl out"  so I thought i'd post to help him with some proof. 

Thanks man. 

^^^great pickup. I'm still looking for a pair for myself...the search continues!

And I just want a confirmed release day for WTK, is that too much to ask for from Nike?

Back
Top Bottom