OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Man, not sure if I want to get the WTK's with all 8 Preludes coming out. Nike does not care about anyones pockets this month bruh. I'm torn.

Man, not sure if I want to get the WTK's with all 8 Preludes coming out. Nike does not care about anyones pockets this month bruh. I'm torn.

Rather than saying you're torn you should be saying that you'll be lucky if you cop any of them lol.

Via @ORSRT8 in the Kobe 9 thread. Looking like the Kobe 9's.

But to keep my post Kobe 8 related, guy in the back right has on the fades, ha :nthat:

Rather than saying you're torn you should be saying that you'll be lucky if you cop any of them lol.
Nah, I'm torn. If I want them I'll cop them over retail and I won't be camping. My thing is do I just rest for some and put all my effort into a few. Good thing these pics are leaking for the prelude, now I need complete pics so I can form some type of decision. I live in Southern Cali so we usually get plenty of Kobe love. We'll see...

Nah, I'm torn. If I want them I'll cop them over retail and I won't be camping. My thing is do I just rest for some and put all my effort into a few. Good thing these pics are leaking for the prelude, now I need complete pics so I can form some type of decision. I live in Southern Cali so we usually get plenty of Kobe love. We'll see...

Ah, okay. I feel you man. I'm pretty much the same. I don't have too much of a problem going crazy with getting the few pairs I really want. Good luck to you. :smokin

Yall 31 and up old heads too old to be wearing them WTKs.

Since I'm only 30 I can rock the schit out them bad boys!!!!!

BUT..I'll be 31 in March..

Times running out..

:lol:

Last edited:
So what's the deal about being a certain age to rock certain kicks. I am 33 and would rock the WTK. Jeans and a plain tee, let the kicks speak for themselves. Personally I'm tired of buying the same color shoes. I have countless pairs of black/white white/black white/red black/red white/blue Jordan's and air max. Just recently gave away a bunch and sold some DS pairs. Same ole thing gets old after a while. I'm over the retro Jordan's but still cop for nostalgia. Now as far a selling shoes after I cop hell yeah I would resale if someone wants to by for a 300% mark up. I can't even make that kind of money on my stocks on a regular basis. You young folks are the ones who set that standard. I'm personally retail or less till I die. If I miss a shoe then I just miss it. Half the shoes I own I don't even have time to wear because I wear a plain pair of NB 411 to beat up during the week for work and clients look at me funny when I wear Jordan's and such.

****, i'm right there with you fam. I remember telling my brother they were releasing about a week and a half ago and both of us agreed that if we tried to get them, and copped em, we'd only be doing it to resell. (Though unlike me he thinks both pairs are fire, whereas I only like the blue one.) We'd only be taking advantage of the hype other people are creating to make a profit, and then buy other shoes we actually do want in our collections.
exactly, if we can get them great we can flip them if not oh well, honestly idk if these will even have a huge resale if there are more pairs out there but who knows

So what's the deal about being a certain age to rock certain kicks. I am 33 and would rock the WTK. Jeans and a plain tee, let the kicks speak for themselves. Personally I'm tired of buying the same color shoes. I have countless pairs of black/white white/black white/red black/red white/blue Jordan's and air max. Just recently gave away a bunch and sold some DS pairs. Same ole thing gets old after a while. I'm over the retro Jordan's but still cop for nostalgia. Now as far a selling shoes after I cop hell yeah I would resale if someone wants to by for a 300% mark up. I can't even make that kind of money on my stocks on a regular basis. You young folks are the ones who set that standard. I'm personally retail or less till I die. If I miss a shoe then I just miss it. Half the shoes I own I don't even have time to wear because I wear a plain pair of NB 411 to beat up during the week for work and clients look at me funny when I wear Jordan's and such.

That makes total sense. :rolleyes

^ to your first part exactly. I own plain color t shirts only and 5 diff color jeans. No logo, no design, let the sneakers run the show. I think that style is universal when it comes to age. Oldies in full on volt jumpsuit matching volt kobes, now that is a dif conversation (or see r kelly above) lol.

Honestly, age is just a number right?

Wear what u like..

Just wear it where it makes sense ya know..

Me, personally tho, I'm not into the WTK anythings, but that's just me..

That makes total sense. :rolleyes

Lol what doesn't make sense about it? It's the truth. Most of the us "over 30" folks remember a shoe from when they first dropped and we couldn't get them when we were younger (nostalgia). When I say I'm over it I mean I don't have to have every OG color way or cop on release day. I sit and wait for guys who think they can flip them and can't then "need them gone today" because they used their rent money to try and make a come up. Then I cop for below retail because they need the money. I know a guy that's selling bugs 8 for $120 just because he doesn't want them. That's an easy cop for me in my book. I recently bought the kobe 8 milk snake snake when they sold out instantly in my area. Guys in this forum helped me find a pair for retail out of Cali.

^ to your first part exactly. I own plain color t shirts only and 5 diff color jeans. No logo, no design, let the sneakers run the show. I think that style is universal when it comes to age. Oldies in full on volt jumpsuit matching volt kobes, now that is a dif conversation (or see r kelly above) lol.

this is pretty much me... plain tees, or solid long sleeve button ups (iron heart, flat head, sugar cane) and nice denim (gotta be japanese here too IH or samurai, I must admit that despite keeping it simple I am a nut for for well made clothing and original fabrics). Keep it simple. Like I said some can pull off the craziness with the shoes... its just not me. Have always just been for a clean look all around. Nothing loud, just well put together.

On another topic, why even bother with a prelude 7? ... I would think everyone wanted to just forget about it. I know I do.... Wish i could still return them. :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom