OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

It's all lighting... The swoosh and heel logo almost look iridescent. They look the same to me.
And what's up with the white spot on the middle of the toe box?! Not sure how I feel about that...

the first pics you couldn't see that white spot, as minor as that is, it's the main thing that's ruining it for me....

the lighting makes everything look brighter and better, in person/ the darker room pics make it seem more dull ..

whether these or QS or GR , as of right now they're a pass.
and thank goodness because I like almost all that we've seen so far, and my wallet is not prepared for that.

Last edited:
It's all lighting... The swoosh and heel logo almost look iridescent. They look the same to me.
And what's up with the white spot on the middle of the toe box?! Not sure how I feel about that...

wondering what that white on the toebox is as well. your thoughts gambino222?

just got the XDR in from Kicks-Crew

I really want an XDR pair to play in.....nice pickup

Damn, these VIIIs are gonna be a problem. :smh:

I keep adding to my pick-up list every time I visit this thread. :lol:

That white spot is just part of the design. Not sure why it's there. There is a little bit of white also on the outside of the shoe where the swoosh starts. In person this shoe is much darker then the original pics. They have a real camo feel to them. If you like the camo vi then you will like these.. I like them a lot. I took pics with my iPhone and it is all in the lighting.

These make me not feel that bad on missing on the Jordan Olive IX's. I'm digging these and need to get my hands on them...

Is it worth it to pre-order?

The initial pics made the pythons look "shiny" to me. That definitely isn't the case from the newest pics posted, and that's what makes me seem to like them a little bit better.

I still like the pythons. I don't like that white patch on the toebox and the medial side, but I am still liking it enough to buy.
As far as the ASG is concerned, I like both of the potential CWs. THat orange and teal pair and the all red pair. I have a feeling the red pair is going to be a GR or a sample for the new ID options. At least I hope that's what it is.

da fake orange pair in da vid could be da all star imo. i noticed da lebron x all star has da same galaxy print & space stuff behind on da tongue. forgive my screen shot skills :lol:.

kobe

lebron

Last edited:
The Pythons are not going the be the YOTS release I hope. There still pretty nice to wear in the office with some Khakis. lol

After strikin out at hoh and online on rd, was in a IDGAF mood and copped xmas lights in my 11.5 for 260 shipped...seen 11.5s goin for around 300 on the bay so its decent I guess

Got the Christmas Lights a couple days ago from NDC but didn't have time to try them on until now. Look-wise, they are amazing - very nice design and unique color scheme, definitely my favorite Kobe shoe to date. Surprisingly, they are not as comfortable as I thought (from reading all the reviews and posts/praise on them) straight out the box. I don't think I can wear these VIII's with low-top socks since the tongue keeps scratching my skin...not an issue to me since I mostly wear quarters/crews anyway, but might be to others. The insole that came with these is what really killed it for me in terms of comfort- there's very little cushion and it just feels hard and sturdy, and this is from just standing up and doing a little jumping to see what these shoes feel like. I can't imagine actually hooping with these hard insoles inside. I put the insoles from the LeBron 8's in them and they feel sooo much better. I have wide feet so they feel a little snug around the toebox area, but with a little breaking in time it should be fine. I'll see if my boy can hook me up with his employee discount on the sulfur 8's or any other GR's coming out so I can put them to use on the ball court. Can't wait 'til Finish Line starts carrying these in March so I can use my own employee discount on them.

Excuse the mismatched socks, lol

Last edited:
Got the Christmas Lights a couple days ago from NDC but didn't have time to try them on until now. Look-wise, they are amazing - very nice design and unique color scheme, definitely my favorite Kobe shoe to date. Surprisingly, they are not as comfortable as I thought (from reading all the reviews and posts/praise on them) straight out the box. I don't think I can wear these VIII's with low-top socks since the tongue keeps scratching my skin...not an issue to me since I mostly wear quarters/crews anyway, but might be to others. The insole that came with these is what really killed it for me in terms of comfort- there's very little cushion and it just feels hard and sturdy, and this is from just standing up and doing a little jumping to see what these shoes feel like. I can't imagine actually hooping with these hard insoles inside. I put the insoles from the LeBron 8's in them and they feel sooo much better. I have wide feet so they feel a little snug around the toebox area, but with a little breaking in time it should be fine. I'll see if my boy can hook me up with his employee discount on the sulfur 8's or any other GR's coming out so I can put them to use on the ball court. Can't wait 'til Finish Line starts carrying these in March so I can use my own employee discount on them.
Excuse the mismatched socks, lol
I also have a wide foot and there super snug for me also, but after wearing them in for little bit there balling. lol

pythons and inks will be copped,cant wait i dont have my first pair of kobe8 yet..sulfur is not dong it for me..

Back
Top Bottom