OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Damn. Didn't know that. Milksnakes have that same clear Toe Cap on them. They look a lot clearer than these Easters now that I think about it.
If you put a few silica packs in the box and take out the tissue paper it should help keep that clear just like it keeps icy soles from yellowing. At least in theory.

I came up $5 this second time around. 
laugh.gif

You got a pic of how they look now? I was going to wear them next week for Easter but might just keep'em DS for awhile longer.
Hey! Atleast you didn't end up in the red, bro. That would suck. Lol

I can get a pic, but it'll be later tonight after work. They're "beat" but not bad and the cap has yellowed a good amount, but don't expect it to look just atrocious.

But then again, I'm a guy that isn't really too mad about the yellowing on older pairs of AJ XI's, so... 
ohwell.gif

Hey! Atleast you didn't end up in the red, bro. That would suck. Lol

I can get a pic, but it'll be later tonight after work. They're "beat" but not bad and the cap has yellowed a good amount, but don't expect it to look just atrocious.

But then again, I'm a guy that isn't really too mad about the yellowing on older pairs of AJ XI's, so... 
ohwell.gif

Damn. I stayed away from icy soles for that very reason and Nike got me anyways and on the worst part of the shoe. The toe cap. Damn. 
mean.gif

I think that teal makes it look more yellow then it suppose to be tho.

Thanks for the pic if you could post. No biggie if you can't.

If you put a few silica packs in the box and take out the tissue paper it should help keep that clear just like it keeps icy soles from yellowing. At least in theory.
Yeah I have to do that now that I know these yellow. Damn! Probably going to end up buying a plastic bin for these as well.

Yeah I have to do that now that I know these yellow. Damn! Probably going to end up buying a plastic bin for these as well.
Prolly just preference but ive had better luck using the box and silica packs vs the plastic bin for some reason. I even had silica on the bin and didn't have the best results... Just my opinion

Speaking of color change. How is everyone's Xmas pair holding up? I wear mine a ton (one of my favorite shoes ever) and the sole is starting to go blue

Speaking of color change. How is everyone's Xmas pair holding up? I wear mine a ton (one of my favorite shoes ever) and the sole is starting to go blue
My pair got a little darker but darker green

Last edited:
I'm happy with just solid colors. I don't know why they have to add translucents or icy soles or any of these materials that changes colors. just me.

I actually grabbed a pair of the GC Xmas and sold the regular Xmas I had partly because the GCs had a solid outsole that wouldn't "blue" and a full shozoku logo on the heel. I think this was when Kicks-Crew did a price drop on them around the holidays.

^Try stock locating the Superheroes. I've seen pairs floating around online and in stores randomly in scattered sizes.

I think the soles on the Superheroes will be ok just because they used a darker blue on them instead of volt like on the Xmas, so it'd be harder to tell if any yellowing or discoloration was going on. I'm still a fan of how translucent soles look though, just gotta live with and expect discoloration over time.

Last edited:
^Try stock locating the Superheroes. I've seen pairs floating around online and in stores randomly in scattered sizes.

I think the soles on the Superheroes will be ok just because they used a darker blue on them instead of volt like on the Xmas, so it'd be harder to tell if any yellowing or discoloration was going on. I'm still a fan of how translucent soles look though, just gotta live with and expect discoloration over time.

i dont mind copping the superheros as long as its below retail

Good to know on those Superhero soles. But can you live with the yellowing on the toe cap of the Easters? 
laugh.gif
 I never knew.

Ughh...got a a huge tax bill this year. I'm looking at my ridiculous stack of 8s, wondering if I should/could sell any.

I think I'd regret it later. I just need to slow down until I finally stop with the kicks. Slightly OT, but even in the last year it seems like things have gotten beyond crazy. Sometimes 3-4 CW releases in a single month, every release being an 8am horror show and selling out. And let's not forget the never-ending price hikes.

those feels, man.

Ughh...got a a huge tax bill this year. I'm looking at my ridiculous stack of 8s, wondering if I should/could sell any.

I think I'd regret it later. I just need to slow down until I finally stop with the kicks. Slightly OT, but even in the last year it seems like things have gotten beyond crazy. Sometimes 3-4 CW releases in a single month, every release being an 8am horror show and selling out. And let's not forget the never-ending price hikes.

those feels, man.
What the hell have you been doing to get that huge tax bill? Always best to let Uncle Sam take more out of you during the year then to have pay him at the end of the year.

capital gains
Well you came up then sort of. Just this year then your all good.

Could you have put that money aside for tax season when you got it? Or did you go ham on those Kobe 8's with that money?

Last edited:
I went ham on EVERYTHING
laugh.gif

It's all good. Just a kick to the shin letting me know my place. And it's not dropping 2k a month on kicks
laugh.gif

I found a pair of EXT Year of the Snake.  But the price sounds a little too good to be true.  I'll post pics to get a legit check later.

Back
Top Bottom