OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Yeah I do that. Like @Jays25  said make sure the quality is on point. How much you spend on those Megatron's tho. Make sure you don't take too big of a loss there.
I did the deal for the Kobe Area 72's and they were clean, the Megatron Trainers I got for retail so no sweat off my back plus I had two pairs of those. I have the huarache megatrons as well but those would never be traded.

anyone know why the YOTH's are 160 retail?

Price bump was gimmick based and not due to performance reasons.  Same tech, but Nike upped the price because they thought they could. 
I hoop in all of my 8s, that being said, durability is extremely important to me.

Venice Beaches and ASGs both gave out fairly quickly, their tongues are very frail and the EM seems weaker than others.

My IDs seem to be holding up okay, but they're barely stronger than the VBs and ASGs.

My YOTHs look brand new. When I wear them, they just plain feel sturdier. The tongue is BY FAR superior given the padding and stronger EM. 

I wish I had the Superhero Elites to compare, but I would like to think they would feel like the YOTH.

In my honest opinion, the YOTH are well worth their inflated price tag, regardless of one's feelings about the colorway. (personally I think the red and blue flow extremely well)

I hoop in all of my 8s, that being said, durability is extremely important to me.

Venice Beaches and ASGs both gave out fairly quickly, their tongues are very frail and the EM seems weaker than others.

My IDs seem to be holding up okay, but they're barely stronger than the VBs and ASGs.

My YOTHs look brand new. When I wear them, they just plain feel sturdier. The tongue is BY FAR superior given the padding and stronger EM. 

I wish I had the Superhero Elites to compare, but I would like to think they would feel like the YOTH.

In my honest opinion, the YOTH are well worth their inflated price tag, regardless of one's feelings about the colorway. (personally I think the red and blue flow extremely well)

Gotta respectfully disagree with you.

Until recently, my ASGs were my go to indoor shoe. They've been worn hard for over a year and durability has never been an issue for me, the mesh feels no different than any of my other 8s. Only complaint was the + insoles which I swapped out for normal lunarlon inserts.

I never bought the YOTHs, but I looked them over quite a few times in store and the mesh didn't feel any different to me. The tongue is a little more padded, exactly the same as the MCs, but neither hold a candle to the Black/Gold or Superhero Elites in that regard.

Last edited:

Until recently, my ASGs were my go to indoor shoe. They've been worn hard for over a year and durability has never been an issue for me, the mesh feels no different than any of my other 8s. Only complaint was the + insoles which I swapped out for normal lunarlon inserts.

I never bought the YOTHs, but I looked them over quite a few times in store and the mesh didn't feel any different to me. The tongue is a little more padded, exactly the same as the MCs, but neither hold a candle to the Black/Gold or Superhero Elites in that regard.
Makes me wonder if the mesh sincerely varied between each shoe directly off the line. I tore straight through the EM on both ASGs and VBs right on the outer sides of the shoe, near the outsole. The mesh on my YOTHs is hands down stronger. 

Edit: It is also worth noting that the size varied dramatically. All 10.5s, but my YOTH fit snug while my VBs ASGs and IDs all fit differently and much roomier. 

I have been wanting to pull the trigger on some Superheros, just haven't been excited to pay $190 on the Bay when they were going for $100 in store at one time.

Last edited:

Makes me wonder if the mesh sincerely varied between each shoe directly off the line. I tore straight through the EM on both ASGs and VBs right on the outer sides of the shoe, near the outsole. The mesh on my YOTHs is hands down stronger. 

Edit: It is also worth noting that the size varied dramatically. All 10.5s, but my YOTH fit snug while my VBs ASGs and IDs all fit differently and much roomier. 

I have been wanting to pull the trigger on some Superheros, just haven't been excited to pay $190 on the Bay when they were going for $100 in store at one time.
someone said a few weeks ago that some footlockers still have them for stock locating at $100. The sku is 41 12434 704

Honestly you guys probably are tright. Each shoe may have came out different and yielded different results. Everyones experience with these shoes seem to have been different. I know @jungmula  was hinting at this. I don't have a dog in the fight on this one though.

Back
Top Bottom