OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Cheers for the advice guys, tbh I made a really bone head move and lent them to a friend and he kind of remoulded the sole a bit

so I think I should replace the top cushion part but keep the lunarlon part possibly?

P.S what does everyone think of the "supernatural" colour way?

@kobebeanbryant  purchase a pair of Kobe IX and use the insert from there or just replace the shoe altogether. If they are that beat it's time for a new pair. Just bust out the supernatural with the IX insert every now and then.
Are you sure the IX insole fits well in the VIII?  I haven't tried it, but I have looked at them both and the shapes are very different.

I happened to pick up the Jordan 2012 insole set recently and that's another option.  The lunarlon bottoming out so quickly really brings down the Kobe VIII overall.  My pair has so much life left except for the lunarlon insole.

Broke out a pair of these to ball in because of all the great reviews and my 6s were worn to the point where they could no longer be used. Not impressed so far. Damn near pulled a Kobe and tore my Achilles in em. For those who use these for ball did they require an adequate break in time? Or should I just give up on them now. Today was my second time playing in them BTW. Thanks

Broke out a pair of these to ball in because of all the great reviews and my 6s were worn to the point where they could no longer be used. Not impressed so far. Damn near pulled a Kobe and tore my Achilles in em. For those who use these for ball did they require an adequate break in time? Or should I just give up on them now. Today was my second time playing in them BTW. Thanks
I'll say this, I rolled my ankle in them twice, badly.  I don't know if it was just a coincidence or what.  I ended up returning them, then later I got another pair and gave them another try.  Haven't had a problem since.  I wouldn't wear elite socks with them (bit slippery), and prefer NBA or regular thick cotton athletic socks.  And I tie them pretty tight all the way up to the last eyelet.  The laces want to get loose at the top eyelets and it's important to keep that area tightly laced for me.

Shoes literally having nothing to do with an injury. You can have best performance shoe but things just happen on the court or freak accidents. Has nothing to do with a pair of low tops or Kobes

Are you sure the IX insole fits well in the VIII?  I haven't tried it, but I have looked at them both and the shapes are very different.

I happened to pick up the Jordan 2012 insole set recently and that's another option.  The lunarlon bottoming out so quickly really brings down the Kobe VIII overall.  My pair has so much life left except for the lunarlon insole.
I've tried it and they fit fine. Especially with a pair you've had for a while they will fit even better since the EM is already broken in.

I'll say this, I rolled my ankle in them twice, badly.  I don't know if it was just a coincidence or what.  I ended up returning them, then later I got another pair and gave them another try.  Haven't had a problem since.  I wouldn't wear elite socks with them (bit slippery), and prefer NBA or regular thick cotton athletic socks.  And I tie them pretty tight all the way up to the last eyelet.  The laces want to get loose at the top eyelets and it's important to keep that area tightly laced for me.
kobe 5s never had a problem, kobe 6s never had a problem, skipped kobe 7s. i always have them tightly laced all the way to the top, actually thinking of loosening them up a little bit next time i give them a try or even going down one lace hole. the other two being the 5s and 6s required little to no break in time which is why i brought up the question if these are different possibly due to the lunarlon insole.
Shoes literally having nothing to do with an injury. You can have best performance shoe but things just happen on the court or freak accidents. Has nothing to do with a pair of low tops or Kobes
I had the same theory right before i tried these for ball, gonna def give them a few more shots due to all the great reviews, after that imma just use em for casual use because they are comfortable lol.

@chillen   I love the 8s as much as the 5s and 6s.  I have never had a problem with them, except when wearing elite socks since there is no fabric on the lunarlon insert.  My first advice is just as Deezy said, go with NBA socks or some regular thick cotton socks.  Also -- I mention this  a lot in threads but I really think it helps with heel lockdown -- use the "runner's loop" lacing technique -- do a google search for it

@chillen
  I love the 8s as much as the 5s and 6s.  I have never had a problem with them, except when wearing elite socks since there is no fabric on the lunarlon insert.  My first advice is just as Deezy said, go with NBA socks or some regular thick cotton socks.  Also -- I mention this  a lot in threads but I really think it helps with heel lockdown -- use the "runner's loop" lacing technique -- do a google search for it
just have been wearing thick Nike socks. Never been a fan of the elites. And will try that out thanks for the advice.

8's are the GOAT of the Kobe line in my opinion; perfect combination of excellent colorways and amazing comfort.

Just picked up the SS Christmas for $175. Slept on them for a long time till I saw a dude at the airport with them on feet, I couldn't resist.

Hey guys, do you think that a straight up trade between WTK 8 and Kobe 5 Prelude is a fair trade?

Last edited:
^^^slightly unrelated and pardon my ignorance, but they released elite quarter socks? When? I would much prefer those over the crews!

Hey guys, do you think that a straight up trade between WTK 8 and Kobe 5 Prelude is a fair trade?

After market value suggests that WTK 8 is more than the P5. However, as long as both parties are happy, I'd say go for it.

Yeah i'm pretty sure the WTK's go for more than any of the Prelude's, but that's a fairly straight deal tradewise.

Back
Top Bottom