OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

These are the first Kobe's I've played in where I am not in pain after playing as far as my knees and feet are concerned. I was a huge skeptic of a solely lunar based shoe for the Kobe line, but I was definitely proven wrong.

For this morning.. happy 4 day wknd!

Last edited:
For this morning.. happy 4 day wknd!

How the heck did you get a 4 day weekend?

I'm working all weekend and into MLK day too....UGH!

Are y'all hiring???? lol.

It's hard to see the socks + shoes forming the logo on your own so thanks for the pic...
I know it's just aesthetics, but I think it "completes" the shoe...

^agreed. especially since the socks are blk/grey and the back of the xmas pair is more of a white. Kinda wish the part of the logo on the xmas pair was more of a grey

Found out they're dropping the red suede and black YOTS tomorrow as a QS (S. Korea) and i'm gonna try my luck tomorrow morning on the black pair. The announced price here is the same as all the other Kobe 8s so far, so maybe it's not the $170-$200 + range that we've been speculating about for a US release...

saw the tweet as well :smile:
my in-laws got me cloaks and vii galaxies last year from hoopcity,
might have to call them for another favor :tongue:

on a side note, are you out there for work?

i've had a pretty annoying experience with kicks-crew in the past, but that price tag is appealing to me especially if copping at retail is going to be as big of a task as it usually is.

How the heck did you get a 4 day weekend?

I'm working all weekend and into MLK day too....UGH!

Are y'all hiring???? lol.

It's hard to see the socks + shoes forming the logo on your own so thanks for the pic...
I know it's just aesthetics, but I think it "completes" the shoe...

thanks.. i work a 9/40 shift and monday is a holiday. govt holiday off at work.

Not really feelin' the socks on feet with shoes. Ill just stick with ankle socks or elite crews. Honestly dont even care some times if shoes and socks match 100 %

The laces? Really?

...Really??

LMFAO! People are being hypercritical towards the 8s. Tongue sliding and
the laces? Really? LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The fact that the complaints are funny is a testament to how awesome the 8s are.
A perfect shoe in my book.

:pimp:

Then people act like it's a real complaint to debate about. It's a joke.

Perfection means without any flaws. This shoe definitely has flaws. They are very minor flaws but they affect me and have affected others. Nightwing mentioned the tongue in his review. If you owned the Vs and VIs, you would know that Nike is using a thinner, cheaper lace in the 8s. Maybe it's for weight reduction, but it's probably for cost purposes.

I wear mine strictly for basketball. If I wore them casually, the laces and tongue would be irrelevant.

For the record, these are one of my favorite shoes of all time. I love the Kobe line. This is the best, if not one of the best, shoes in the Kobe line. But I'm not going around calling it the greatest thing since sliced bread. It has it's flaws and I just pointed them out. No need to be condescending.

Tried the UPC code thing at my local footlocker and either the codes were wrong or the person working had no clue what was going on (im leaning more towards the latter) because according to the associate, "no matches" found.

Pissed 4 life.

:smh:

Has anyone succeed with ordering at footlocker ???
I went to two different footlockers and they told me "no matches" found

So must be wrong UPC or only HOH has them

Do you thing it's gonna be the same UPC for CHAMPS ???

The guy had a point though. My laces keep untying even when I double knot them. Maybe it's just me. Either way it's not gonna affect my opinion on the shoe at all. But it does happen.

I finally gave in (damn NT) found the Python socks too. was able to used bday coupon code and  they didn't ask for ID. money save to buy the pythons

Back
Top Bottom