OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Hopefully I can cop pythons and the '88 cement 3s since they release at the same time. If not, pythons it is. Favorite release of the year. I had one of those love at first sight feelings. Same feeling I had with the invisible cloaks

shout out to mross16  for the hookup on the Kobe YOTS destroyer jacket. Hit him up if you need it for a good price, he knows a spot. Anyways the destroyer does NOT have any purple except the liner. Its not like the pics on nikeinc with the purple cuff and collar. The jacket is solid black with a gold shozoku embroidered on it, wish I knew that before because I already had the all black XXIV destroyer. Its still a nice jacket.

Good thing Pythons are GR. Need to scoop with bday coupon to save some money with all the stuff Nike putting out. :rolleyes

anyone have a pair of xdr's that they've used on indoor courts? i know that they're meant for the outdoors but i'm just curious to know if there's any drops in performance if used inside 
I have an iD pair w/ XDR.  I've only played a little outdoors with them and plan to try them out indoors soon.  I will let you know how they do.

One thing to note though -- the XDR pattern from Nike iD is different than the 'GC' xdr models.  It looks almost identical to non-XDR U.S. releases, but probably is just harder/less sticky rubber.  I'm hoping to pick up an indoor pair so I can compare.

Just an FYI on the Kobe black/grey socks. I ordered four pairs from Valley Fair HoH on Tuesday night. I just got off the phone with an FTL customer service rep and she told me that she has to refund me three of the four orders because Nike has stopped making them. Apparently I was "lucky enough" to get the last pair from a store in NY and is shipping out today. I personally can't believe that Nike would stop making these socks since these 8's are so popular. If anyone has been successful in ordering the socks from a store after today let me know. 

Just an FYI on the Kobe black/grey socks. I ordered four pairs from Valley Fair HoH on Tuesday night. I just got off the phone with an FTL customer service rep and she told me that she has to refund me three of the four orders because Nike has stopped making them. Apparently I was "lucky enough" to get the last pair from a store in NY and is shipping out today. I personally can't believe that Nike would stop making these socks since these 8's are so popular. If anyone has been successful in ordering the socks from a store after today let me know. 

>:

Well at least I was lucky enough to get one pair

Special paper, a special box, all those bells and whistles, they come at a price.
mean.gif
True! Nike knows what they are doing. Just add something non significant like special paper and a box to justify that price gouging.
word... give me a plain orange Nike box, regular paper and make retail 25-30 less.
AMEN! Call me old school, but I'm a guy that NEVER gave one damb about a box. Some people get seriously angry if their box has has a few creases/dents here and there. Totally destroyed boxes are totally different. As long as the shoes are good, I'm fine.

The pythons I found were on ebay. Still deciding if I should buy them. Idk if I really want the pythons or not.

also, don't know if it's been pointed out, but this pic clearly shows the Asia XDR sole is grey, not white. So a good alternative for heads who hate the US version.

Last edited:
Guys,

I am new to the forums here, so maybe this has been discussed before, but do you see anything wrong with a non african-american buying the BHM Kobe's? I really like the color scheme, but I don't want to offend anyone. Maybe I am over-thinking this a bit, it really is just a different color / style...

Thanks,

Y2J 

nah man, you're good to go on wearing these. Been discussed every year and the response is always positive. Rock them with confidence, no one's going to be offended.

Anyone know if the pythons will be swoosh discounted? Going to pick up the sulfur's but don't want to pay shipping rather add them with the pythons.

Guys,

I am new to the forums here, so maybe this has been discussed before, but do you see anything wrong with a non african-american buying the BHM Kobe's? I really like the color scheme, but I don't want to offend anyone. Maybe I am over-thinking this a bit, it really is just a different color / style...

Thanks,

Y2J 
You're over thinking. Get and enjoy them if you wishes

Dang.. I just need to get one..

Back
Top Bottom