OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Guys,

I am new to the forums here, so maybe this has been discussed before, but do you see anything wrong with a non african-american buying the BHM Kobe's? I really like the color scheme, but I don't want to offend anyone. Maybe I am over-thinking this a bit, it really is just a different color / style...

Thanks,

Y2J 
They're shoes man. Just get them. Besides, you're contributing 20$ to an African-American charity if you get them.

Damn it....Nike keeps messing with the python RD.....first was the 2nd, then the 9th, now the 6th!? WTH.....

btw...date is off the NDC release calendar
    [h3]Kobe 8 System[/h3]
    Squadron Green/Challenge Red-Legion Brown
    Style# 555035-300
    $140

Guys,

I am new to the forums here, so maybe this has been discussed before, but do you see anything wrong with a non african-american buying the BHM Kobe's? I really like the color scheme, but I don't want to offend anyone. Maybe I am over-thinking this a bit, it really is just a different color / style...

Thanks,

Y2J 

No, wouldn't be offensive at all, you have the right to spend ur money on whatever u want to. The shoe isnt just made for us Black people, they are in honor of Black History Month which is apart of US History. If anything it would be showing ur support for BHM. And nobody but sneaker heads would even know that they are BHM inspired sneakers.

And if you still really arent sure, just cop them and donate them to me, a Brotha lol :tongue:

Guys,

Thanks,

Y2J 

No, wouldn't be offensive at all, you have the right to spend ur money on whatever u want to. The shoe isnt just made for us Black people, they are in honor of Black History Month which is apart of US History. If anything it would be showing ur support for BHM. And nobody but sneaker heads would even know that they are BHM inspired sneakers.

And if you still really arent sure, just cop them and donate them to me, a Brotha lol :tongue:

Im not black but i got a pair of KD Vs and your supporting BHM with nikes donation so i dont see why they would be offended.

Exactly. Not gonna lie, I used to feel a little awkward when thinking about wearing a bhm shoe, but I realized its just for another cause, such as a BCA shoe. Its to show support. Havent bought a bhm shoe yet though but thats cause I havent liked any except the kobe V, and those didnt release smh.

so because your white or w/e you cant buy a shoe? :lol:

dumbest thing ive read on here in my entire existence on NT

Buy what u want, wear what u want. Black folks wear caucasian gear ALL the time. Race is not a factor when it comes to shoes nowadays, is it???? Its not to me anyway, im a negro american or whatever u wanna call me lol, not into the proper race terms. Wouldnt call myself african american bcuz i was not born there. Born here in the good ole US of A. BTW, this is ridiculous IMO, so like i said at the beginning, buy what u want, wear what u want.

roll.gif

On a lighter note...

Still 50/50 on the BHMs... if the upper feels anything like the Flyknits, that will be the only reason I get them.

Just wished Eastbay took off exclusions for the Sulfurs so I can get them with my one-time 25% off coupon code. 

Guys,

Thanks,

Y2J 
Only if you tell me something about Black history right now 
laugh.gif
? Nah but for real rock them with pride. Some black people might even respect your "appreciation" for Black culture. Just don't be acting all YO YO YO in sh*t.

Last edited:
Damn it....Nike keeps messing with the python RD.....first was the 2nd, then the 9th, now the 6th!? WTH.....

[h3]Kobe 8 System[/h3]
    Style# 555035-300
    $140
Yeah it changed to the 6th on FTL's calendar as well

When is NikeChicago going to start the RSVP process? I have been refreshing their twitter feed all day long...

have a feeling NikeChi's tweet will happen in TMINUS 5mins...! :nerd: Not getting them tho but just sayin'

Only if you tell me something about Black history right now :lol: ? Nah but for real rock them with pride. Some black people might even respect your "appreciation" for Black culture. Just don't be acting all YO YO YO in sh*t.

:lol: anyone watch the trailer for spring break with james franco, that reminded me of james franco Y'ALL

[rule][h3]Kobe 8 System[/h3]

Style# 555035-300
    $140

just before the Birthday Coupon Expires?

2/7

:smokin

Back
Top Bottom