OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Nike needs to go the GS route with Kobe's shoes now, like they do with Paul Pierce. I am going to have a good time clowning the grown men walking around in these joints...even though I doubt that I'd see any wearing them at all anyway...
mean.gif

They'll be on iD no doubt. They'll probably put it up a week before the first release like the Durants and Lebrons. If the options on the upper is really good I'll make a few. I'm still thinking Nike strategy is to put the same print on the regular releases then put different options on iD so those not feeling the patterns will go the iD route. Just another one of my hunches that doesn't happen so maybe not haha.

Word is that this years All-Star theme is "military" and it's camo pattern. The Foams are getting a camo treatment as well. The print on the VIII kinda look like camo print so yeah i can see that. But anyways watching this thread is like watching paint dry. :smh:

They'll be on iD no doubt. They'll probably put it up a week before the first release like the Durants and Lebrons. If the options on the upper is really good I'll make a few. I'm still thinking Nike strategy is to put the same print on the regular releases then put different options on iD so those not feeling the patterns will go the iD route. Just another one of my hunches that doesn't happen so maybe not haha.
Word is that this years All-Star theme is "military" and it's camo pattern. The Foams are getting a camo treatment as well. The print on the VIII kinda look like camo print so yeah i can see that. But anyways watching this thread is like watching paint dry.
mean.gif
I hope not. I hate that camo ish.

i'm 100% certain that print won't be on all the shoes.

all the pics we've seen have been fakes. someone from china got a sample of the shoe which happened to have the print, so they figured they would make a bunch of fakes with that print.

the chinese people don't know ****. stop worrying

Last edited:
I'm hoping the VIII will be a true return to form for me like the ZK V.... lets see some colorways that are Dark Knight hot

I love Kobe's shoes but after the VIIs I can't just go out and pick this one up right when it comes out, i gotta wait a couple months to see the problems and if people like it.. The VIIs looked so good, but felt so bad. My feet can't take another beating like that again.. 

I love Kobe's shoes but after the VIIs I can't just go out and pick this one up right when it comes out, i gotta wait a couple months to see the problems and if people like it.. The VIIs looked so good, but felt so bad. My feet can't take another beating like that again.. 
I'm in agreement with you.  My first pair of VIIs I tried were my true size (11.5) tried them on in the store briefly, yeah, they were a little tight but figured it was just due to the fact they were new so went ahead and bought them... Well, low and behold if I buy a pair of VIIs, I have to up the size to a minimum of a 12 and even a 12 is uncomfortable for some of the VIIs.. namely the purple dart frogs.. I could probably go with a 12.5 in those... 

I will be researching the VIIIs MUCH more before purchasing!

I'm in agreement with you.  My first pair of VIIs I tried were my true size (11.5) tried them on in the store briefly, yeah, they were a little tight but figured it was just due to the fact they were new so went ahead and bought them... Well, low and behold if I buy a pair of VIIs, I have to up the size to a minimum of a 12 and even a 12 is uncomfortable for some of the VIIs.. namely the purple dart frogs.. I could probably go with a 12.5 in those... 

You must have some fat feet. I wear a 12 and have zero problem with my Kobe 7's.

Smart move, as the VII's were a horrible, horrible shoe. I wore a wear test sample before they came out, and that shoe simply sucked. Horrible heel lock down. 

Last edited:

You must have some fat feet. I wear a 12 and have zero problem with my Kobe 7's.

Well we all have different feet, I'm a 13, but drop to a 12.5 and double sock to get a proper fit...

I love a lot of the VII colorways but the shoes were inconsistent. Some squeaked when you walked, some had air bubbles, it was really annoying. I could have two of the same pair and one felt completely different. Surprisingly, the Elites were the least comfortable on my foot. Very tight around the midsole. Kobe's have always fit me like a glove, this was the first line where there were issues like that.

Last edited:
I love a lot of the VII colorways but the shoes were inconsistent. Some squeaked when you walked, some had air bubbles, it was really annoying. I could have two of the same pair and one felt completely different. Surprisingly, the Elites were the least comfortable on my foot. Very tight around the midsole. Kobe's have always fit me like a glove, this was the first line where there were issues like that.
i thought it was just me, there was no room, i hated returning them but they didnt feel good on feet for casual use or laced all the way up for hooping, and i was not about to size up to a 14

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Back
Top Bottom