OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

The venomenons look like the cheap take down version to me. If youd of showed me them and the 8s and and said the 8s were the venomenons id be buying them. The real venomenons are ugly.

They are 0-2 on the patterns on the VIIIs so far and who else knows how many colorways they'll put on top of those patterns plus 0-6 on the patterns on the VIIs, i'm not expecting too much from them. >D It would nice if they are on iD right now so we know what to expect.

i wouldn't say we hate the 8, it's just the pattern we're not feeling at this point. The aesthetics of the 8s look more like a takedown compared to previous models. The Venomenon that Kobe has on are clean without the pattern and if they are as comfortable as the 8s i would get them(different colorway) over the 8s but the fact they don't have them here we don't. Not gonna pay close to retail if not more the cost of the official pair to get them from overseas. It's the first model that the takedowns look more appealing than the real thing. Gotta have the Sheath logo to consider a takedown unlike the Zoom Legend :x
Still too early, the patterns might be different from another and some might look better than others. That's how i feel.
kobe-shrug.jpg

you do realize that the pattern is not gonna be on every shoe, right?

this is the logic of NT, and chinese manufactures:

- sample of kobe leaks online with x type pattern
- chinese company makes a bunch of fakes with said pattern
- the shoe now sucks as per NT cause all the fakes we see have the same pattern
Opinions are obviously going to change with more colorways and everything, but it doesn't mean we can't react to what we've seen so far. Even if I'm positive there will dope colorways, you can't judge what you haven't seen, and what's out there now in terms of colorways doesn't impress me. I've been saying the exact same thing as thapointguy since we've seen pics of the VIIIs. Excited about the shoe itself and it should be better than the VIIs, but just get that damn pattern off of them. It's more a judgement on the colorway/pattern than the shoes themselves. Not liking the pattern/colorway ain't the same thing as completely writing off the shoe.

Well if the same people that are responsible for all of those crappy white/grey soled VII's are on board for the VIII's don't be surprised if we see some more stupid colorways.

I mean what were these people thinking when they were designing some of those colorways for the VII's. No passion whatsoever. :smh:

I actually didn't mind a lot of the takedown models but, at least here in Korea, they are priced almost as much as the signature model. When I'm looking at tossing on maybe ten dollars more, it makes no sense to me to buy the takedowns.

I am excited to see how this shoe performs, but from the pics I don't see how they "look like performance beasts" like some have said some pages back. :lol:
Very interested in how the EM plays on a basketball shoe.

Opinions are obviously going to change with more colorways and everything, but it doesn't mean we can't react to what we've seen so far. Even if I'm positive there will dope colorways, you can't judge what you haven't seen, and what's out there now in terms of colorways doesn't impress me. I've been saying the exact same thing as thapointguy since we've seen pics of the VIIIs. Excited about the shoe itself and it should be better than the VIIs, but just get that damn pattern off of them. It's more a judgement on the colorway/pattern than the shoes themselves. Not liking the pattern/colorway ain't the same thing as completely writing off the shoe.

you've seen 2 colourways dude, just chill.

black/yellow
that "christmas" pair

the others were fakes and that print won't be on every shoe. how many times does this have to be said?

Last edited:

you've seen 2 colourways dude, just chill.

black/yellow
that "christmas" pair

the others were fakes and that print won't be on every shoe. how many times does this have to be said?
You're missing the damn point. We know there's only been 2 colorways out, and plenty others will come out. But that doesn't mean we can't call out a colorway or a design if we think they suck :lol: It's a forum, everybody has a right to their opinion. I already said it in my last post, we're NOT knocking the shoe, just those colorways.

NIKETALK: "I hate the Kobe Eights, what is Nike thinking"

NIKE: "Oh really?" **Puts out a limited colorway**

"damn, I need those" "What spots are getting these" "I struck out on RSVP, guess its NDC for me" "Got a pair and confirmation from NDC, back to sleep I go.. Good luck to everyone trying to get their pair" "damn I hate NDC"

:rolleyes

"damn, I need those" "What spots are getting these" "I struck out on RSVP, guess its NDC for me" "Got a pair and confirmation from NDC, back to sleep I go.. Good luck to everyone trying to get their pair" "damn I hate NDC"

thats bound to happen man. I'm just interesting in the gr colorways. Inlines will look sick, I'm hoping!

haha, is the pain still lingering? Still a month away man!

I really went AWOL with that whole Kobe 7 fiasco. So from the 6, I been left wanting. :frown:

HAHAHA! Some of the people here... sheeps I tell ya.

so anybody know when kobe backpacks are coming out? eastbay seems to have taken down the Kobe VII ultimate backpack already

That solid green pair looks smooth.  Solid uppers will be nice.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to take the picture off the site it's on
nerd.gif

Last edited:
solid uppers are boring, patterns are gimmicky, damn Nike needs a new designer on this. smh. thanks for the pic though.

Back
Top Bottom