OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Nice red camo pics

The more I look at them, the more the hype dies down for myself for these

I wanted these so bad for the past couple weeks, but now its just like, yeah they str8, but not gonna jump hurdles for them

Maybe bcuz I keep looking at them the desire for them has diminished

Dont get me wrong, still want them tho but If not, then I wont be upset. (I say that now, things change on RD tho lol)

Nice red camo pics

The more I look at them, the more the hype dies down for myself for these

I wanted these so bad for the past couple weeks, but now its just like, yeah they str8, but not gonna jump hurdles for them

Maybe bcuz I keep looking at them the desire for them has diminished

Dont get me wrong, still want them tho but If not, then I wont be upset. (I say that now, things change on RD tho lol)
IT'S ALL HYPE, GO HOME ON THIS ONE. DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT BUYING IT. 

*Goes out and camps for one.*  
laugh.gif

I have a habit of checking the release calender everyday at work procrastinating so if theirs an update to it I'll let the forum know. If we see a "twitter link only" pop up on the release info then were doomed ha

If I see TLO I'm gonna be super pissed.

I really didn't want to see the word "limited" attached to the red camos. :smh:

They're pretty high on my list of favorite Kobe 8 cw's.

New to the site, this forum helps feed my new found Kobe shoe addiction. Just picked up the Christmas Kobe 8s last weekend in Houston, 2 1/2 hour drive was totally worth it!

Was gonna ignore this but it deserves some attention..

Um, u might wanna find a new hobby, with that kind of attitude. And if I wanna buy a pair of kix made for bball but use them for kickboxing, thats what I'll do..

Wake up and smell the sneaker cleaner, have u forgotten the sign of the times?

What era do u think this is? It aint the 90s bruh..Aint no walking in the store 4 hours after release and walking out with that shoe on RD.

No waiting for more than 2 hours, and youre not trying online? How u getting kix then bruh? school me..

I'm trying to stay away from these types of arguments (I have a feeling that I'm mainly talking to a brick wall in this forum most of the time), but this "putting in work" thing is a pet peeve of mine.
I just want everyone to realize that the reason you have to "put in work" on a sneaker release is because you expect to. Yes Nike does as little as it can to fill demand, but ultimately the blame of how the vast majority of sneaker releases happen falls on us. The members of this board are, far and away, the early adopters of this craze. It's largely become a tired trope at this point that MOST of the information that sneaker blogs post originates from one of the posts on this board if it's not coming directly from the major companies. If we, collectively, decided that it wasn't worth our time to play Nike's hype mind games on every release and just decided to wear the numerous pairs of shoes that we already own, or to focus on finding the older releases that we may have missed out on, or to do ANYTHING but obsess page after page on whatever the next release date is, that Nike wouldn't take notice? And maybe if we did it long enough that Nike wouldn't change the way that they function and we would have those "good ole days" of walking into our favorite spot the afternoon of the release day and picking up whatever it is we might want to spend our hard earned money on back.

And just to further illuminate my points I would like to point everyone to the 2012 and 2013 Jordan XI release threads. I don't know if everyone else was aware, but in the week or so leading up to the release, that NT thread was the TOP google search result for any information on that sneaker. Once the release date had come and gone speculation for the winter 2013 XI release started in a new thread. Someone found the color code for what appeared to be the upcoming XI and made a photoshop of it. Within hours that photoshop was on most of the "major" sneaker blogs being touted as real pics of the next release. It got so bad that a bunch of new members were posting the pics back in the thread like they'd discovered some new info, not realizing where it originated.

TL;DR

You don't have to put in work, don't underestimate your power as a NTer and a consumer.

I'm trying to stay away from these types of arguments (I have a feeling that I'm mainly talking to a brick wall in this forum most of the time), but this "putting in work" thing is a pet peeve of mine.
I just want everyone to realize that the reason you have to "put in work" on a sneaker release is because you expect to. Yes Nike does as little as it can to fill demand, but ultimately the blame of how the vast majority of sneaker releases happen falls on us. The members of this board are, far and away, the early adopters of this craze. It's largely become a tired trope at this point that MOST of the information that sneaker blogs post originates from one of the posts on this board if it's not coming directly from the major companies. If we, collectively, decided that it wasn't worth our time to play Nike's hype mind games on every release and just decided to wear the numerous pairs of shoes that we already own, or to focus on finding the older releases that we may have missed out on, or to do ANYTHING but obsess page after page on whatever the next release date is, that Nike wouldn't take notice? And maybe if we did it long enough that Nike wouldn't change the way that they function and we would have those "good ole days" of walking into our favorite spot the afternoon of the release day and picking up whatever it is we might want to spend our hard earned money on back.

And just to further illuminate my points I would like to point everyone to the 2012 and 2013 Jordan XI release threads. I don't know if everyone else was aware, but in the week or so leading up to the release, that NT thread was the TOP google search result for any information on that sneaker. Once the release date had come and gone speculation for the winter 2013 XI release started in a new thread. Someone found the color code for what appeared to be the upcoming XI and made a photoshop of it. Within hours that photoshop was on most of the "major" sneaker blogs being touted as real pics of the next release. It got so bad that a bunch of new members were posting the pics back in the thread like they'd discovered some new info, not realizing where it originated.

TL;DR

You don't have to put in work, don't underestimate your power as a NTer and a consumer.
I stopped reading after the first sentence. 
laugh.gif

New to the site, this forum helps feed my new found Kobe shoe addiction. Just picked up the Christmas Kobe 8s last weekend in Houston, 2 1/2 hour drive was totally worth it!
Wow, I really love the xmas cw but not sure if I'll drive 2.5 hrs just to cop them. maybe I'm just saying that because I already have them but Kudos to you. BTW, welcome to NT !

Lol that's why whenever I write a wall of text I add a "Too Long; Didn't Read"

I like to cover all eventualities in my internet ramblings on our rampant consumer culture.
You stand behind something, that's good. If we don't stand for something, we might fall for anything.

Lol that's why whenever I write a wall of text I add a "Too Long; Didn't Read"

I like to cover all eventualities in my internet ramblings on our rampant consumer culture.

I read it..And yes, I agree..

Take a read rockstar, some good points in there.

Pythons were not limited my Ftl that barely gets anything has them hope the red camos are a general or limited general release and sit a few weeks before my birthday.

TL;DR

+1 this time I read it, and.. it actually made sense. 
happy.gif

Pythons were not limited my Ftl that barely gets anything has them hope the red camos are a general or limited general release and sit a few weeks before my birthday.

True, Pythons were either wildly hated or a GR. I'm assuming GR. I do remember a Nike rep or Nikestore twitter calling them limited at one point though, but I feel like at this point the only true identifier of something is limited is if it's either not on NDC (Royal 1s) or are TLO.

Back
Top Bottom