OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Since this is my first post, thought I'd share some love in pictures. I have no clue why I couldn't register my NT account til now, but now it finally worked!

Got lucky on NDC for the enabled ASGs and friend hooked me up with the Christmas' for retail after one wear (said it was too big for him). From the H so I had to pick up the socks from area 72, but honestly plain white Nike crews work just fine for hooping in them from my experience with no slippage. I've used both pairs at my gym but only used the lunarlon insoles since the phylon forefoot felt pretty stiff in the Nike+ insole. Honestly was a doubter of lunar, but these have to be the most comfortable shoes I've hooped in since my Kobe Vs (KD IVs and Hyperfuse 2011 were decent to hoop in but not nearly as comfortable since they're just phylon and forefoot Zoom and horrible forefoot fit on the KDs). In the end, take my opinion with a grain of salt and try them out for yourself!
And of course, aesthetically these shoes = 
pimp.gif

. 'Nuff said.

p.s. Respect to all you veterans posting here and the good folks who look out for homies who miss out on releases. There's still good people out there, I promise!

Great 1st post!

Yeah the Kobe 8 ASG isn't great for actually using the +plus system since they used no Zoom in the forefoot.

I kinda want to order the Zoom insert from Nike. Has anybody used it?

Great 1st post!

Yeah the Kobe 8 ASG isn't great for actually using the +plus system since they used no Zoom in the forefoot.

I kinda want to order the Zoom insert from Nike. Has anybody used it?
I believe the zoom insole from Nike is exactly the same as the insole in the ASGs, minus the special area 72 design on the orthotic insert. My friend has been playing in the zoom insoles and still says Lunar > heel zoom. I'm reluctant to try the zoom ones since the Lunar is really responsive and cushioned at the same time somehow. Didn't really think plain 'ole foam material could be improved for use on the court, but Nike did some magic with these.

Did anyone with else notice the laces are extremely long for the ASGs on smaller sizes? I got an 8 and the laces are crazy and I have to use every eyelet just to make it wearable.. Sorry if its a repost.

Did anyone with else notice the laces are extremely long for the ASGs on smaller sizes? I got an 8 and the laces are crazy and I have to use every eyelet just to make it wearable.. Sorry if its a repost.
I got the same thing with my size 12 christmas and ASG . BHM got different laces so little bit shorter.

If its within 30 days you are good to go but you have to include the senors obviously. After 30 days they have to be new and the sensor pack can not be opened

Last edited:
illest35, bring back Chucky. this new avy is even creepier. i'm not a wimp but seeing it every time gets too frightening lol

nice pics of blue corals and V-DAYS(I think i'm the only one calling them that 8)) Still a pass on the reds and corals will have to wait one week.

Last edited:
If I decide to skip on store release for blue coral snakes and order online you guys think i'll be fine if i still order at 8 am?  

I'm gonna call the red camos the "that's not funny Dwights".

Because after the Lakers got their *** handed to em on vday by the clippers, kobe had a mad tweet because D12 was laughing and joking after the game.

N
I believe the Zoom insole from Nike is the same as the ASG enabled ones with just phylon forefoot and heel zoom. Just the Nike one's are volt colored and don't have the "Area 72" design-orthotic that the ASGs have. Friend has been rotating between his sulfurs and ASGs with each different insole and says that the Lunar feels much better than just having one single zoom unit in the heel.

I honestly didn't think there's much else one can do to plain old foam material for use on court, but Nike did some magic with this Lunarlon.

No it's different its like the old school full length Zoom insole that came with cleats and Posite like shoes. But the one you buy from Nike has a foam liner

I actually have one of the old school Zoom insoles and I tried to put it in my Kobe 8 with my custom orthotic but it squeaked too much probably because the old Zoom insole had a cloth liner.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom