OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

i think that is beyond stupid for a major company to do, if nothing is official and these are clearly fake why advertise a product which they in fact  dnt know anything bout??

I wonder why footlocker would advertise a fake Colorway , why wouldn't they just leave it blank?
i think that is beyond stupid for a major company to do, if nothing is official and these are clearly fake why advertise a product which they in fact  dnt know anything bout??
Jordan brand put a fake pair of fire red IVs on a t-shirt and sold it, so mistakes do happen.

I think whoever is in charge of that release list over at FTL jumped the gun and made a mistake.

Don't hate on me for this, but how do y'all know for certain that those Grinches are fake? I'm just asking cause 90% of the people in here admit they really don't know much about the releases for the VIII, yet they can say with certainty that FTL pic is fake? Perhaps we should just wait and find out for certain because speculation just causes more confusion and diffusion of false information...

The picture is of a fake but the colorway might be exact. I think they have seen the X'mas but couldn't take a pic or one was provided for them to use. They know that they look like that so they just throw a fake up and ran with it. Maybe they threw it up for publicity that they have a picture of the shoe that others don't, who knows but they are definitely a photo of a fake pair.

Why shoot down that there won't be a Grinch with this model? You have inside info? There are other nicknames that get replicated so I can see it happen again since the VIII is near a carbon copy of the VI. I think they are running out of ideas now so it's only easier for them to rehash old ideas. I could be wrong(again >D ) we shall see.

This thread is full of fake info. :smh:

People need to relax until the official stuff gets put out.

Only basic colorways will be redone on each model such as Inline, Del Sol etc,, but each year the Xmas will be different, Ppl always find a way to give a shoe a nickname because it resembles a previous model example, the Tour Yellow 6s people called them Bruce Lees which made NO SENSE just because it was a yellow/black combo when there is only one Bruce Lee which is the 5 that was inspired by Bruce Lee himself the 6s were not. Each Year the Xmas will be different due to new inspirations for the colorway.

Last edited:
You right but it's probably green(different shade) based again so you know the Grinch nickname will stick. I hope it'll be more the line of the Chaos V, love that X'mas shoe the best.

Last edited:
Stained glass VIIIs are X'mas shoe right? Not sure if they were confirmed or not.
I dub them "Jesus Christ" since you'll see him on stained glass windows at some churches, associated with Christmas and used as an expression "Jesus Christ they're ugly". :lol:

Stained glass VIIIs are X'mas shoe right? Not sure if they were confirmed or not.
I dub them "Jesus Christ" since you'll see him on stained glass windows at some churches, associated with Christmas and used as an expression "Jesus Christ they're ugly". :lol:

:smh:
:rofl:

I don't know what went wrong with this thread. There used to be people that knew what they are talking about during the IV's and V's. Now it's mostly people posting false info, fake pics, or asking when the release date is.:smh:

Last edited:
I don't know what went wrong with this thread. There used to be people that knew what they are talking about during the IV's and V's. Now it's mostly people posting false info, fake pics, or asking when the release date is.:smh:

Qft. So many fakes being posted and guys are actually thinking there real. Dudes thinking there will be south beach version, smh. I still find it very hard to believe there will be grinch viiis. Too weird that a footlocker scan be the source of the first pic of the xmas shoe. Well see though.

u guys are in denial. i wouldn't doubt there being a mock up grinch colorway for the christmas viii's, it might not be the exact one on the footlocker pag, but bet it's something near that.i regret selling my grinch vi so i definitely don't mind a grinch viii in the near future. people asking for that $500 price tag on some kobe's are crazy :smh:

and those stained glass kobe's, that sh*t is scales and wasn't it already stated that that's the year of the snake kobe.

Last edited:
Fakes tend to just copy over the colors from the old model like Nike won't come up with anything new, so I just assume there won't be any Grinch-style themes until I see something other than a bootleg half-*** "Footlocker" calendar.

I am finding it completely ridiculous that there is no solid info other than from unofficial channels like MarqueeSole posting their pairs. The shoe debuts in less than a month!

^I don't think anything is 100% confirmed at this point. People are just taking guesses at which colorway is what for the most part. Haven't really seen definitive proof either way if those "stained glass" VIIIs are YOTS or Xmas.

Personally I'd rather have that stained glass colorway be the Xmas and see something else for the YOTS. I think it'd be dope if whatever the YOTS are had some kind of iridescent effect and followed in the footsteps of the Chaos/Cloaks/Rice colorways, but that's just me.

a friend in relation with Nike told me the YOTS will be based on black and green, they're supposed to be crazy

Just in case you guys missed this. Take for what it's worth.

Stained Glass/Jesus Christ/whatever are the X'mas(makes sense since it has green and red on it). YOTS are yet to be seen. :nerd: Let's take things slowly and will process all the info as they come in. In the meantime if they are from a fake website or looks fake, don't post them. Easy as that or we can argue for all we want. I enjoy both :D

Last edited:
I heard that these are the YOTS and that the Christmas are a re-hash of grinch colors. Just what I heard. Not sure how accurate it is.

How about this; WAIT A FEW WEEKS AND SEE WHAT'S REAL? STOP WITH THE NONSENSE!!!! Anybody remember when MJROD or Edwin were on here and people knew what was going on and came on here for real info??? Just wait until we know what's legit and what's not and quit freaking speculating about every single snippet of info. I promise every single person on here will know what the Christmas shoe is BEFORE IT RELEASES! Unfreakingreal in here..........

Back
Top Bottom