OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

I like the press release photos way better gonna be a last minute thing I guess

Last edited:
Kobe 8s are the shoe of the year. This year everyone is on the kobe 8 train when last year everyone was on the kd 4 train.
I miss the kd 4s but I don't know if the Kobe's this year as sought at the kd4. Not saying it isn't , but thought kd4 flew off the shelves faster. Might have to do with the shoes retailing under a $100.

It would appear that we are NOT getting the press release version unless it's some kind of NDC exclusive. People have posted shots from stores that have stock right now.

Personally I like the release version better anyway. The whole shoe flows better when the cracked egg pattern is slightly understated. Also full shozoku

Last edited:
sucks that nike is two timing everyone but im getting them regardless. if the NDC version is different then ill get those though.

These look soooo much better... I don't know why Nike is advertising a completely different shoe if people have already gotten a glimpse of FTL's stock of the retail versions and can confirm it's 100% the bottom shoe.
im fine with either one, only thing i really want to stay is a full shozoku. Has anyone found a reason as to why some have it and some dont?

I feel like the Kobes this year have been made in smaller numbers than last year. Am I trippin?

I have nothing to back this up but I feel like they are just the most popular basketball kicks as far as the 3 sigs go this basketball season. Although I did read somewhere that LeBrons were the best selling basketball shoe of the 3 so far? Either way I feel like they are harder to get by me, the one FTL I hit up sold out of blue lights except weird sizes and did so also with the supernaturals but they apparently didn't even receive a FSR of them in the first place. Brons still sitting lol.

What Kobe's are "limited"? i can find any colorway i like of the 8s on the bay or Craig's for at most 100 over retail in a size 11. A year from now will be a diff story, however.

I feel like the Kobes this year have been made in smaller numbers than last year. Am I trippin?

I have nothing to back this up but I feel like they are just the most popular basketball kicks as far as the 3 sigs go this basketball season. Although I did read somewhere that LeBrons were the best selling basketball shoe of the 3 so far? Either way I feel like they are harder to get by me, the one FTL I hit up sold out of blue lights except weird sizes and did so also with the supernaturals but they apparently didn't even receive a FSR of them in the first place. Brons still sitting lol.

less colors so far this year. less stores over here getting them.

we JUST started getting GR colors in the last 30 days other than the sulfers. didnt even get concords this year yet.

FINALLY got em from kixsquare :smh:

I doubt many of these are limited, just high demand. Most have said these are one of the best balling shoes theyve ever played in. A lot of those people have/will probably doube and triple on pairs to make sure they have extras for down the line....

The press release "Easters" look a lot better than the ones that appear to be releasing. The cracked egg print really flushes out the concept imo, but I'm probably not copping anyway so...

So cal areas have plenty of sizes and colorway available from blue lights to YOTS. Check out some FTL, Champs, etc... if your looking and in the area. Just an FYI

glad to see you finally got your blue lights dubl. what do you think of em now that you finally have them in hand?? great huh?

Had the easters released the way they look in the promo shot, I would not have bought them. The purple swoosh and glow in the dark sole doesnt look right - almost like it wants to be a galaxy shoe. I do like the cracked shell pattern better, but overall the retail release executes the colorway much better.

Back
Top Bottom