OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Koston 1s are a bit thin. They're nice tho but severely lacking.

Regarding zoom, i prefer lunarlon over zoom. Seriously. The
Ride is unbelievable.

When constructing the Kobe IDs they have three price points (I think) Which is the original, the +, and the sports pack, which 270. Does anyone know what all entails the sports pack?

Last edited:
When constructing the Kobe IDs they have three price points (I think) Which is the original, the +, and the sports pack, which 270. Does anyone know what all entails the sports pack?
Nike + tech. And don't you mean the Lebron's?

Christmas lights are copped. Liked em b4 hearing the name/theme. Hope they make a matching shirt or shorts 4 them.

I suprised more people haven't been complaining about the lack of zoom in these.
Personally I've enjoyed lunar lately. But shocked to see the lack of hate for the transition.

Well, it's been speculated by many that Kobe has been wearing the Play Strong Lunarlon/Cushlon insole with the VII's all year long. Just with the Attack Fast tongue.

So as far as the Lunarlon on the 8's, it's not surprising to me at all. Seems like Kobe prefers it more for his knees at this stage in his career.

I suprised more people haven't been complaining about the lack of zoom in these.
Personally I've enjoyed lunar lately. But shocked to see the lack of hate for the transition.

So is zoom not part of an insole of the system for this shoe? I guess I'm going to hold out for better options on iD so I can get the zoom insole option.

Nike + tech. And don't you mean the Lebron's?
Nooppe. Was the Kobe 8. If you go make an ID it gives you three (I think) options, the first being the Kobe 8 system which is 180, then the Kobe+8 which is 200, then the Kobe+8 sports pack. 

I just dunno what all comes with the sports pack that makes it 70 more than the +

Last edited:
Only 3 pics from the Kobe event? Damn. If this was a Lebron event there would be multiple pics and pages of it.

Anyways,

Last edited:
What a total 360 in this thread haha. I'm glad it's getting love now that more cw's came out

general question.

how is lunarlon for bbal?

i passed on hyperdunks bc i remember general complaints about lunar bottoming out.

if lunar for bbal is different,

this may be my first kobe purchase since da zoom kobe 1

thanks in advance

I like zoom and air max. However I must say this lunarlon thing nike has going on is a beautiful thing. I'd say this is the reason there hasn't been hate.

general question.
how is lunarlon for bbal?
i passed on hyperdunks bc i remember general complaints about lunar bottoming out.
if lunar for bbal is different,
this may be my first kobe purchase since da zoom kobe 1
thanks in advance
Lunar is more comfortable than zoom, but can bottom out.

Zoom is pretty damn comfortable, but will last longer than Lunar I think it is there forever.

I preferably like Zoom better. Response time, impact absorption all that stuff that plays into the role of a good basketball shoe.

Last edited:
Thanks IHeartBoost for the pics, and you're right, if it were a LeBron event there probably would be multiple pages on it.

The more I see those pictures of the Sulfurs the more I think I might need those. The pics on this page are bad for my wallet.

That hoody Kob's rockin will be copped, better than the purple one he rocked last event, along with sulfurs and/or christmas lights

Well, it's been speculated by many that Kobe has been wearing the Play Strong Lunarlon/Cushlon insole with the VII's all year long. Just with the Attack Fast tongue.
So as far as the Lunarlon on the 8's, it's not surprising to me at all. Seems like Kobe prefers it more for his knees at this stage in his career.

Where has that info come from? I could definitely see it happening, just don't remember seeing anything personally about that posted.

I seriously can't wait for these shoes. It's going to be sort of awkward coming from the Lebron X for ball back to that low to the ground feeling...

Yeah Kobe's Prime Print, has to be in another color after this event, not just the Purple, but the Black and White one in these pictures posted at this event. You can bet I'll pay the $80 dollars for that hoodie he wore.

Where has that info come from? I could definitely see it happening, just don't remember seeing anything personally about that posted.
I seriously can't wait for these shoes. It's going to be sort of awkward coming from the Lebron X for ball back to that low to the ground feeling...

Just talk among NT'ers a few months back in the Kobe VII Thread and even in the Laker thread. I remember someone mentioning that they saw one of Kobe's personal pairs when they took a tour of the locker room and his VII's had the Play Fast tongue, but the Play Strong insole.

Back
Top Bottom