OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Wow. Go look on ebay at prices of respective shoes. I don't care which pair you'd wear more. You could sell your South Beaches and pick up two Xmas pairs if you wanted
I was referring to getting the South Beaches not the Kobe's, I read that to fast.

I'd take the South Beach 8s over the Xmas Lights, easily too, but then I ain't the biggest Xmas 8 fan, even if I admit the colorway is growing on me (of course, right?) after seeing them in pics and in person.

Loved the materials they used on the SB 8s and the Lebron 8 V1s in general (might be the last time in a while we see quality leather on a Lebron without getting charged "premium" prices), and the comfort of the 8s hooked me as soon as I got them. You also never really saw that color combo before, and it fit real well with the move to Miami.

But teal and pink ain't for everybody, and I know I sure as hell can't do the pink laces on those things, the teal and black with small hits of pink is plenty loud for me. That said, I paid retail for my pair, and I don't think I'd pay the crazy prices that they go for now if I hadn't gotten them retail. They're nice, but not 4-5x retail nice, though paying ridiculously high resale prices sadly seems like the norm now.

But since this is a Kobe thread, that might be a minority opinion :lol:. I do feel like the SB8s get a bit of unnecessary hate/backlash now that they've been hyped for so long. Almost like it's cool to hate on them now (like that SB8 burning video to say "**** hype" was stupid as hell to me), so that's what some dudes think they oughta do. But you get that with a lot of hyped/limited kicks like SB8s, Yeezys or whatever else.

Last edited:
few pairs still on shelves here in australia, $220 AU retail tho makes it hard to hook any of you guys up tho

Really would have preffered that orange looking colorway in the video. Even though they are fake I think with the real material on it would have looked amazing.

EWWW

IM NOT DIGGING ANY OF THE 3 SIG ALL STAR CWS

MAYBE LAST YEAR'S WERE JSUT SO GOOD THAT

REPLICATING WOULD BE DIFFICULT.

STILL HOPING TO RUN INTO XMAS 8 IN MY SIZE

an all star shoe with no all star branding? I am skeptical to believe those are the alll stars

Agreed. The tongue on those have nothing behind it like the ASG 'brons do (not saying it should, but I agree that there is no all star branding on this shoe).

For those that have swapped to black laces, besides using the laces from the sulfurs, where are you guys getting the black laces from? Which length are they?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
you done lost your cot damn mind... South beach lebrons suck.
Yeezy and lebron 8 sb= hypebeast, probably my least favorite shoes of all time, if they were not extremely limited they would be clearance Ross shoes.

Preferred the fake orange ones I guess I got to see more colors because the 8 is dope. I guess its going to be hard as hell to cop the asg shoes I really want in the kd vs because the brons and kobes aren't that special. The orange ones would have definitely been the most sought after.

Last edited:
Nice colorway but it doesn't seem worthy of an allstar shoe. Lack of creativity. Hopefully the BHMs won't disappoint.

Back
Top Bottom