OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Well I didn't have that much choice on these with the NDC release... It was a 14 or nothing the 13's were sold out by the time i could add anything to my cart.

Yes, my right shoe has that and my left one does not. Sort of like a faint outline peaking through. Almost like the swoosh was thinner/more transparent than the other.
Yup. Dang I wish there was a way to fix it lol.

And they were TTS for me. I was kinda worried because a lot of people have been saying Kobes have relatively been for more narrow footed people and my feet are a little on the wider side, but when I tried them on they fit reaaal nice and I got my usual 9.5

Finally found the Xmas tee. NT Dallas still has some in stock, only ended up paying $15 for it :pimp:

I know some of yall who have hooped in them have said their great on your knees. So my question is as far as impact protection are they similar to the 2012 hyperdunks and which is better in this category. I prefer mids but have hooped in Kobes before and I'm basically lookin to pick up a new lunar based hoopin shoe. Any info is appreciated.
go for the kobes because they have full lunar throughout the insole. the hd2012 only have lunar on the forefoot? i forget exactly but i know the lunar is not all the way through. the kobes will also help with a more even break in of the shoe bc of the whole insole being lunarlon.

I know some of yall who have hooped in them have said their great on your knees. So my question is as far as impact protection are they similar to the 2012 hyperdunks and which is better in this category. I prefer mids but have hooped in Kobes before and I'm basically lookin to pick up a new lunar based hoopin shoe. Any info is appreciated.
Basically, from what I have heard these are better than the ZKV and ZKVI.  If that doesn't sell you on the shoe performance wise, I do not know what will.

People still waiting on deadstock tracking numbers -- they said mine shipped out today and I would get the tracking number tomorrow.

Basically, from what I have heard these are better than the ZKV and ZKVI.  If that doesn't sell you on the shoe performance wise, I do not know what will.

exactly. If a shoe is better than the best of all time, there is no reason not to pick it up.
It doesn't matter if you're running, walking, volleyball-ing or crawling with the 8s. It's
crazy.

Long wait for these but definitely worth it. Extremely happy with this pair.

Also, first time I've tried on a pair of 8's and they're as amazing as everyone has been saying. I have a fairly wide foot and stayed true to size.

Now time to shelf these until this MN winter passes.

Last edited:
My Xmas pair finally came in today from deadstock. One of the shoes have this weird problem though. On the swoosh of the left foot pair, you can kinda see like faint black lines as if the swoosh were transparent and you can see the black outlines from the parts of the shoe that don't have the colored scale/xmas light design on it. Did anyone else have that same issue?
Hey man, glad you got yours in from deadstock. When did you place your order and how many days did it take for the shoes to be delivered to you? Also, did you pay some customs/duty fees on top of the shipping fee deadstock charged you? Would you mind posting a pic of this 'anomaly' you are describing? lol. thanks man

Got mine from Eastbay just now. Not as loud as i thought. It's a keeper. $140 with 10% cashback so that's a bonus.

Mine will be here tomorrow.. but I have to ask... do these fit a half size up? Are they narrow? I'd normally wear a 13 but I got a 14 and I really want to make sure I get the right size. Any help would be much appreciated.

I experienced the opposit, on the 7s I had to get a half size up to make the shoe comfortable enough to wear. On the 8s I can wear my normal size with no discomfort. I tried the surfers in store before purchasing the Xmas lights.

Hey everyone I don't know if this allowed but would trading a pair of DS Miami vice for the xmas kobe 8 be a good trade? Sorry mods if I violated any rules

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom