OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Footlocker calendar info...take it for what it's worth

so they're getting them but have to use waverder's image?

The black/gold elites are so nice, but that price tag makes it too easy to pass. Even at reg $140 I'd be hesitant though.

OF COURSE, BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW THAT HYPED SHOES DON'T LOOK GOOD. NO HYPED SHOE EVER LOOKS GOOD. THEREFORE, WE AREN'T ALLOWED TO LIKE OR BUY THEM.

I don't think I've ever seen you in a Kobe thread before, but once a loud colored, hyped Kobe comes along...where are you?

Don't think I forgot about your check mark that was in your sig of the shoes you needed to buy last year, incidentally all were the most hyped shoes of the year.

Exactly.

:lol:
lol

BOOM, HEADSHOT

Those elites easily beat the KDs and the lebrons! They are so clean and the hues of gold really make the shoe pop imo

Game kicks for tonight:

Lotta people don't feel em but I love these kicks, name and theme is dumb tho lol

And before I get the long socks/fat ankles treatment they are wrapped haha

Last edited:
I wish the black/gold Elites weren't elites. That Flywire sucks imo. I'll probably still cop though :lol:.

Are there any sites that still have GC Sulfurs available? I know it's a long shot but I can't even find em on eBay :\.

Last edited:
Just got off phone with my FTL, they received Venice Beaches already and have multiple pairs in my size.

Will be easy to get if you're interested considering my store never receives Kobes.

MC's on the other hand.

Where are you located!? I'm in NY, but that week ill be on vaca in Florida. Gotta get my hands on a pair!

The only thing I don't understand about the elites is how nike finds it justifiable to raise the price so much on a pair of elites. The changes they make on most of these kicks is very minor with the change being the addition of more carbon fiber. imo nike should have these changes made on the shoe and drop the whole elite idea

So who else thinks Kobe's are the shoe of the year?
In my opinion, the Kobe 8's are the best TRAINING shoes.  They are excellent for running, for going to the gym, or for general exercising.  As for basketball, they are great, but not the best that everyone is saying they are.

I have 2 main gripes about the shoe:

1. Your foot will slide around quite a bit.  At least mine do.  It doesn't matter what type of socks I wear, whether it be cotton socks or dri-fit socks, my feet tend to slide around in the Kobe's.  Usually it isn't that bad, but there have a been a few times where I nearly slipped because of my feet moving inside the shoe.  

2. The outsole wears down quickly.  If you are an indoor player, this won't really matter to you.  But for those of you that play outdoors, be prepared for this.  The outsole of the Kobe 8 is pretty thin, and after a tennis hitaround, I noticed that some of the outsole was rubbing off.  

I do think the Kobe 8's are better than the Lebron 10's and KD 5's.  Traction is great, lockdown and breathability is good, comfort is very nice.  But the best basketball shoe?  Definitely not.  

Now the question to ask, what is my favorite basketball shoe?

That would have to be the Hyperdunk Low 2011.  

If your foot slides around that much you are either not wearing your true size or not lacing shoes tightly enough. I agree the outsole wears down but I wear them solely indoor and hoop a lot and they are still in tip too shape. The shoe is minimalistic in terms of materials so that makes it so light and flexible, but I agree it could have been a little bit more reinforced in certain areas, tongue and outsole just to name a few off the top...

Question: how come Kobe's only release at footlocker? When brons and KD's are usually available at champs, Finishline, and foot action? It's just always been odd, maybe it's a store decision but why would they not carry Kobe's? I know recently Finishline has Kobe's online but never in stores.

Last edited:
Apologies in advance for posting yet another Gradient pic (especially after mjrod did his thing and upped the ante) but I'm just too damn excited these came in today

Super happy since I ordered them yesterday morning and they arrived this afternoon!! Here in Canada our retail prices suck big time ($180 + 13% tax :x), but getting 25% off via an F&F makes this extra sweet.
My last Kobes were the Vs, can't wait to play ball again and run these into the ground!

Last edited:
The only thing I don't understand about the elites is how nike finds it justifiable to raise the price so much on a pair of elites. The changes they make on most of these kicks is very minor with the change being the addition of more carbon fiber. imo nike should have these changes made on the shoe and drop the whole elite idea
its actually worse

im pretty sure nike literally says "lets see how many idiots we can get to pay 200+ for these shoes, and if they get marked down, lets see how many idiots will pay 150"

the elites literally are stripped down versions of the regular shoe, the asian designer said so himself in an interview, the elites actually have less rubber on the outsole than the regular shoes, they get rid of a layer on the upper under the guise of saving weight, then they add a single strand of kevlar in the flywire and the laces, and add small pieces of cf

i mean, at the end of the day its just money, you can always get it back, but if you like to make your money stretch, the elites are a smack in the face

Back
Top Bottom