OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Copped the blitz blue in a sz 13.5 earlier, it grew on me so I pulled trigger. I'm a little weary of the clear soles tho because I tried on a sz 13 and there was yellowing on that pair, luckily Ftl had a brand-new pair in 13.5. This is my 5th pair of the 8s..by far most pairs of one shoe I've ever owned.

Last edited:
I didn't follow the 6s as much as I did with the 8s. What's the backstory on the grinches?

There's really no backstory brother. The Grinch was an extremely easy cop on RD. Grinches could still be had for less than $230ish towards the end of the season that year (2011). The Kobeheads that bought them, held onto them because they're a x-mas Kobe. For some reason the demand for them just spiked out of nowhere.
Now people outside of the Kobe line and folks that are newer to the line put the Grinch on a pedestal that I will never understand. That's coming from someone who owns them but back to the 8s....feel free to PM me.

As far as these new releases. I need something true to the Kobe line. I need a Kay Yow, Ace or return of the chaos. Something other than all these slapped together CWs. I'm not going to bring up Laker CWs because I'm thinking we won't get any until the start of the 2013-'14 season.

i hope purple dynasty are the amnesties..

this! please Nike c'mon
man y'all weren't kidding about the lifestyles bring snug, thought I lucked out but my tts was way too snug.

saw the red snakes n blue blitz n confirmed my pass, what I thought, hate the Orange outsole n the blitz just look really nice in some light n very ok in others, when that middle stripe isn't catching the light I like em a lot but it's too shiny in direct light so I guess I'm waiting to see confirmed pics of the red boas n can't wait to see the f/w cws.

In a Heartbeat......:smokin

Don't need money, no need to sell them.

And honestly it's not about the money. For true Kobeheads, x-mas Kobe's are a staple within the line. If I ever let mine go, it wouldn't be to a beast who's going to use it for bragging rights. I'm going to let another Kobehead/friend get them who appreciates them for what they are to Kobe fans.

In comparison, MC was way more limited then Grinches at the time those released. Doesn't necessarily mean it will turn out the same tho. In general they produced way more 6s then 8s

let the MCs age appropriately.. whatever their value is down the road it wouldn't change the fact that the shoes are fire!

speaking of grinches. i saw these on facebook

too small though 0]

33ngbpi.png

^^I remember having to call in to Eastbay @ 6am on Christmas morning to get my Grinches. After what seemed loke forever, when I finally got through, the Eastbay rep told me my order was the LAST pair they had in stock...

Great start on Christmas Day, but by the time I got them in I never got around to wearing them...still sitting on my shoe rack, DS.

Glad these releases have been so much easier than that for the 8s...

Last edited:
In comparison, MC was way more limited then Grinches at the time those released. Doesn't necessarily mean it will turn out the same tho. In general they produced way more 6s then 8s
I also think the fact that the Kobe MC pays tribute to his love for soccer and is a cross between a very popular Nike soccer cleat and basketball sneakers makes the Mambacurial's really special. Just the design alone might pique the interest of soccer fans that wouldn't normally have bought a Kobe 8, which happened to me. This was my first Kobe 8 and I love them just as much as I do my Grinch's.

Back
Top Bottom