OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

I've played a ton in every Kobe since the 5s and have never hurt my ankles.

If you don't feel comfortable playing in a low top though, then don't. If you feel that you're more prone to injuries in general, then wear what you're comfortable in.

Last edited:
The reason a lot of college/pro guys get away with wearing low tops is because they usually get a good tape job/wear braces. Obviously some don't. I said I would never wear a pair of lows to play ball. But that changed with the KD IVs. Been hooping in them since I got them. I did sprain my ankle real bad one time but that's because I landed on a foot. There are obviously trade offs in any type of shoe you're going to wear. Haven't played in the Kobe 8 yet. Don't think I ever will.

you will turn your ankle in any shoe, lows will help make your ankles strong IMO

ive only turned my ankle once really bad in lows and i was fine after a day. i havent had much issue with ankle issues or turns since switching to lows full time. more freedom and mobility with lows.
Couldn't disagree more. I've played ball in hyperdunks for about 2 years with no ankle sprains or problems. Figured I could try the kobe 8 purple gradients out on the court and this happened. I will be playing in high tops regardless from here on out.

:rofl:

oh brother

science has proven theres no difference between mid and low, mid offers no protection, you roll, twist, or do anything to your ankle it will feel and do the exact same thing, you think cm thick fake leather or rubber is gonna protect you? :lol:

you must be new to the game or basketball or sports in general.

and i've played in lows since the zk4 and only rolled my ankle once (and it wasn't serious) because i didn't tie up my shoes :smh:

it's not the shoes. there's a lot of players in the nba wearing lows/kobe's, please tell me how many times they've rolled their ankle and missed significant time.

Couldn't disagree more. I've played ball in hyperdunks for about 2 years with no ankle sprains or problems. Figured I could try the kobe 8 purple gradients out on the court and this happened. I will be playing in high tops regardless from here on out.
Damn dawg your purple gradients bled onto your foot

I play basketball all day everyday and never sprained an ankle in my life. It don't matter high or low top. I play mostly in XI lows though.  If you're ankles are frail and you are not coordinated on the court you probably will roll your ankle..... Frail boys!

But seriously, what HOH's are getting the WTK? One guy I know in DC says people been lining up for them since last night! I heard some HOH are doing FCFS but I don't believe it.

Bruh this isnt you?

I play basketball all day everyday and never sprained an ankle in my life. It don't matter high or low top. I play mostly in XI lows though.  If you're ankles are frail and you are not coordinated on the court you probably will roll your ankle..... Frail boys!

But seriously, what HOH's are getting the WTK? One guy I know in DC says people been lining up for them since last night! I heard some HOH are doing FCFS but I don't believe it.
Most likely all HOH's, if not then it would be the major ones in the big states, NJ,NY,D.C,California, places like that. Some are doing FCFS it just depends on the HOH

What does being coordinated have anything to do with rolling your ankle? I also play a lot of ball and have rolled my left ankle many times because of me jumping for rebounds and someone's foot being there. It's all about luck and I have had some bad luck last year and a half but I just feel like if I do end up landing on someone's ankle it would be worse in lows than mids like the hyper fuse I played in before.

Then you should consider yourself lucky... Rolling your ankle has nothing to do with being coordinated. If you play hard and go for a lot of rebounds, its only a matter of time before u land on someones foot. If you play basketball all day everyday then you would know this. Unless you sit in the corner all day jackin up shots.. then yeah, most likely you're not gonna be rollin much.

What does being coordinated have anything to do with rolling your ankle? I also play a lot of ball and have rolled my left ankle many times because of me jumping for rebounds and someone's foot being there. It's all about luck and I have had some bad luck last year and a half but I just feel like if I do end up landing on someone's ankle it would be worse in lows than mids like the hyper fuse I played in before.

lol i had a coordination problem. broke my own ankles trying to do a crossover before ol. sprained it in running shoes. no cordination and weak ankle :nerd:

Mine Grey 25% off at DSG. I wish there were better looking Kobes I would have def copped. Sitting on the fence on the Mines for that price point.

Mines are a nice shoe..if I strike out on wtks ill prolly get the mines,green glows and hope for a xmas 2 shoe

Then you should consider yourself lucky... Rolling your ankle has nothing to do with being coordinated. If you play hard and go for a lot of rebounds, its only a matter of time before u land on someones foot. If you play basketball all day everyday then you would know this. Unless you sit in the corner all day jackin up shots.. then yeah, most likely you're not gonna be rollin much.
lol, I do sit in the corner jacking up shots a lot but did my share of driving rebounding, etc. I guess Im just lucky but really genetically some people do not injure easy. 

I've mess up my foot pretty bad but nothing I couldn't continue playing on or need to go to the doctor for. I really don't understand what a sprained ankle is because I can't see it sidelining anyone. Only a broken ankle or something like that lol. 

But I NEED these WTK Kobes. I'd probably actually wear them apposed to resell. 

You probably sit in the corner and jack off if you haven't sprained your ankle yet. Every ball player has sprained their ankle. Unless u rock the bench playa

ive landed on peoples feet and what not plenty of times. my ankles are strong now where i just bounce back without pain.

i used to have very weak ankles years ago, a slight turn and i would be in major pain.

since wearing kobe lows, ive turned them PLENTY of times but no serious injury or pain. Ive done it once where it actually caused me to sit out but i was fine the next day.

its all about how strong your ankles are. not about how hard you play, i go hard but im a PG/SG, stil board. jump around and play tight defense.

its all about the ankles and strength, no shoe is gonna save your ankles period. If you think that then you're a fool.

W
Yeah I struck out too . Had the 13 in my cart but by the time I got to the checkout they where gone

What's worse, Nike Australia had an online release also at 8am!!! Only found out about it at 10:30am.. They only had 16 pairs and were long gone

Some folks are too funny.

"You don't play hard if you haven't rolled your ankle before!"

...Ok, thanks for that superb logic. Some people can turn their ankle a little and be just  fine, ya know. Sorry for all of y'all Steph Curry MFs!

If you feel comfortable playing in lows, do it - if you don't, then wear mids/highs. Nothing else really needs to be said.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom