OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

a shin pad isnt gonna help with shin splints or any of that. only thing is helps prevent being hurt if you get hit in that area they are pretty much for looks, look stupid too IMO

Thanks for your opinion. Both of us who use the sleeves already said they aren't as effective as compression sleeves. The stupid look is subjective.

i dont read every post, i just gandered the first post and he said he bought them for shin splints

and in that post, he clearly states that it didn't work.

i didnt read the whole post

i do that a lot actually, ill read the beginning and then ill write a reply

@pistonhonda I wrote to the guy for wtk 8 asking for photos he writes and says We have a warehouse none of our shoes are on hand we ship upon order.

iceeeeeeeee

It's funny usually the ones with the most gear and shooting sleeves, arm bands and all that stuff are usually the worst players there haha
I hate how true this comment is. I have smaller hands, therefore its incredibly important that my hands stay dry, thus arm bands etc would be a huge help, yet I forego them due to their negative connotations. 

I hate how true this comment is. I have smaller hands, therefore its incredibly important that my hands stay dry, thus arm bands etc would be a huge help, yet I forego them due to their negative connotations. 

lol but if they serve a purpose its a diff story. Its helping you play to your potential by all means use em, nobody has a problem with that.

but its more of the unnecessary "protective" fashion divas we're referring to.

Another one that gets me is the ones coming decked out matchy matchy for pickup game. Its one thing if you got a team jersey and u match for a league game. But dudes out here talkin bout i got next with the full Miami Heat uniform on, headband, sleeve, matching brons, and elite socks ..... maybe scores 1-2 buckets the whole game and getting dominated on defense

Long sleeve shirt...?

that's why I like to use  a "old school" wristband. it's not a "cool" accessory. easier to wipe sweat instead of pull on my shirt/tank. stupid of me to even consider all of that just to play ball.

have you checked out Nike's tech gear? all the shorts and tanks have a towel like section so you can wipe your hands.

have you checked out Nike's tech gear? all the shorts and tanks have a towel like section so you can wipe your hands.

if you guys are looking for shorts with the built in towel, these are by far my favorite. I kind of really like the fact that i'm not wearing a brand that everyone else is and their performance is great, even for someone like me who sweats like Patrick Ewing. :lol:

they even have the colors to get matchy matchy if that's you
http://www.point3basketball.com/products/dryv-baller-2-0-shorts

p.s. i'm not affiliated with them in any way, just thought i'd share

Last edited:
if you guys are looking for shorts with the built in towel, these are by far my favorite. I kind of really like the fact that i'm not wearing a brand that everyone else is and their performance is great, even for someone like me who sweats like Patrick Ewing.
laugh.gif

they even have the colors to get matchy matchy if that's you
http://www.point3basketball.com/products/dryv-baller-2-0-shorts

p.s. i'm not affiliated with them in any way, just thought i'd share
These are interesting for sure. Not sure how quick I am to drop $45 on them without knowing how well they work, but extremely interesting nonetheless. 

Edit: $45 is still cheaper than Nike's which are $55...

Last edited:
sorry not to continue to be off topic but ,  I remember someone mentioned once that the older kobe shorts had side panels to wipe sweat off your hands,  i think it was these... ( i could be mistaken)

I just picked up a pair of the Point3 shorts last week.  I really like them and the spot on the side to wipe your hands works well.

You can use the code ASSIST20 for 20% off which brings them down to $36 a pair.

stepped on a pointy rock today, got a good sized chip on the medial side  CF on my MCs... how do i 'repair' this sort of thing? it's chipped pretty good, exposing the white material beneath the CF. any help would be appreciated

Last edited:
You can wear whatever accessories you want if you can hoop. No ones gonna dog you of you're putting in work. On the padded leg sleeves, I wear them on my knees because the compression helps my tendinitis and also helps protect against bumps and bruises that hurt worse due to the tendinitis.

Back
Top Bottom