OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

After searching for years for a fir price, I finally picked up a second pair of Sulfurs!

Is that dead stock?

The soles. All shoes range from 9.5-10.5. The white/red/blue pair is an ID.

Whoa, looks pretty clean to me. Seems like a decent price. Not feeling the IDs tho, wonder if u can get the 3 pairs for 250 haha.

They pass my threshold for used shoes. Cheers

ASGs used to run for $300 by themselves (granted that was 4 years ago and DS)

At $75 a pair I don't see why not

I remember my buddy stocked up on the 8s swearing that after Kobe retires the price of these will all shoot up. Lol it ended up dropping on most pairs

I copped from a really nice person in a shoe group on FB. . . Paid $113 shipped!!!!
They appear to have been tried on, I'd say NDS.

My size too need a pair for that price, I have del sol 4,5,6 need a blk/yellow pair of 7 and 8s.

Last edited:
Ended up buying my first pair of Kobe 8s on eBay, which were listed as used/pre-owned, but in like-new condition for $125 shipped. Received them today and pretty disappointed. The outsole is dirty (expected for a used pair, but not this dirty for like-new) and although the traction isn't worn out to the point that I wouldn't be able to play basketball in these, it definitely has some wear and would not be considered like-new. The carbon fiber/glass shank plate also seems really dull as if all of its glossy coating was removed. For $125, do you guys think this was an ok deal for sulfurs?

Last edited:
Typically I always ask for pics of the bottoms as I find "like-new", "nds", "vnds", "9/10" is too subjective. The pics will always let me know what I expect. Your pair doesn't look too bad if both shoes look about the same.

Personally when I buy used I always make sure they look like it was indoor used only. Seems your pair probably was used indoors from the bottoms. Traction looks pretty solid still. Never followed (or wanted) the sulfur cw but the price doesn't seem too outrageous for $125 shipped.

Can the bottoms get cleaned down more?

But considering @ElTigre  picked up some nds for $112, seems you can probably get a better price. Although their's was a real steal price.

Ended up buying my first pair of Kobe 8s on eBay, which were listed as used/pre-owned, but in like-new condition for $125 shipped. Received them today and pretty disappointed. The outsole is dirty (expected for a used pair, but not this dirty for like-new) and although the traction isn't worn out to the point that I wouldn't be able to play basketball in these, it definitely has some wear and would not be considered like-new. The carbon fiber/glass shank plate also seems really dull as if all of its glossy coating was removed. For $125, do you guys think this was an ok deal for sulfurs?

I think you did ok. With a yellow sole those things are going to be very dirty.
Don't sweat it and ask for more photos next time as the other poster suggested.

Thanks for the help guys. Will definitely learn from this one. First time purchasing used shoes. They looked pretty good in the pictures from the auction, but it was probably the lighting hiding all the dirt and the seller didn't post an angle where I can see the slight wear in those areas that I pointed out. His description was also just a few words stating: pre owned size 7.5 like new comes with og box. Should have known. 

of course its from EBay boss :rolleyes

Just copped for $145 from Kicks Daily in Hialeah. Question was there a standard version that wasn't a sport pack or did they all come sport pack ready?

Last edited:
my SULFUR still DS
tongue.gif
I really regret not going all out on the 8's when i had the chance. Wasnt really a sneaker collector until the 8's. My girl is actually the one who started my Kobe addiction lol. I bought the sulfurs and later she surprised me by buying the volts. Aww the good ol days lol. 

Just copped for $145 from Kicks Daily in Hialeah. Question was there a standard version that wasn't a sport pack or did they all come sport pack ready?
They're all Nike+ capable, but the more expensive sport pack version with the big box came with Nike+ sensors in addition to the shoes. The one you just copped with the typical Kobe 8 box is the standard version of this shoe.

They're all Nike+ capable, but the more expensive sport pack version with the big box came with Nike+ sensors in addition to the shoes. The one you just copped with the typical Kobe 8 box is the standard version of this shoe.
Thank you I couldn't remember and These sold out at HOH Orlando on release day so I only copped the KD and Lebron

Aint that the joint by CHeckers?

Everytime I drive by, I think they closed (never went inside so I thought they was fugazy)

Just scooped a pair of Mambacurials off this dude on one of the local facebook community boards. $80, along with a pair of Chaos Vs for $40. $120 total for both was :smokin :smokin The dude was just looking to get rid of his sneakers, so I said why the hell not.

There is a slight tear in the ankle collar, but nothing noticeable. No OG box, and a small crack on one of the carbon fiber shanks. That's pretty much the negatives I found.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom