*OFFICIAL* NIKE LEBRON 15

I'm not a LeBron fan but I saw the Ash pair in store and I needed them after I tried them on. Had a finishline bday coupon so theyll be here wednesday :smile:

those red ones are fire. but I kinda want to hold out from the 15's til they drop a nice colorway that goes with my Bron jersey. wack how they aint putting these on Nike ID :smh:

Finally got the Ashes in hand today; such a dope colorway.

The XV is a such a beautiful shoe.

I know for sure I'm getting at least 3 more colorways (Black/gum; black/gold; and triple blacks)

RIP to my wallet.

The shoes aren’t heavy at all compared to previous lebrons. OMG couldn’t phantom wearing a shoe that heavy. The battleknit/flyknit material keeps them light. Maybe they heavier comapred to KD’s, PG, or kyries but they defiantly drop some fat girl weight to older lebrons.
They're probably the best looking shoes for 2017 but they still got some weight to lose to stay competitive within the performance market. Mine came in this week from that crazy DSG sale and they're fire. That flame emoji behind the tongue just tops everything off haha.

Can anybody share some thoughts about the performance of the shoe? I am mostly curious about the support of the shoe. I pretty much have the same playing style as Lebron, same weight as well but I'm shorter. I usually go through shoes every 3-4 months as they usually break somewhere (I should start a blog about this). So I would say that I am really "exhausting" the shoes when I play in them. Because of these, I can't play in lows (hence I skipped the 14s) and I need shoes that hold my ankles properly and overall good foot support. I've been checking the so called performance reviews on youtube etc. but I feel that my questions do not get answered by people who are not of the same size.

So let me know your thoughts :smile:

Not sure if this belongs but Nike just drop two new Soilder 11 colorways.

EF65F07D-2EA3-4939-B695-0A12D080D4B5.png 8F39F247-309A-4BB8-8E88-63475257B22F.png

Nike should have the done the whole black midsole on the black/white pair and leave the Nike check logo white. That would have been a instant cop for me. Gonna wait tilll I get them for the low low.

Both soild colorways.

Last edited:
Can anybody share some thoughts about the performance of the shoe? I am mostly curious about the support of the shoe. I pretty much have the same playing style as Lebron, same weight as well but I'm shorter. I usually go through shoes every 3-4 months as they usually break somewhere (I should start a blog about this). So I would say that I am really "exhausting" the shoes when I play in them. Because of these, I can't play in lows (hence I skipped the 14s) and I need shoes that hold my ankles properly and overall good foot support. I've been checking the so called performance reviews on youtube etc. but I feel that my questions do not get answered by people who are not of the same size.

I've put up like 3 descriptive reviews about this. Initial wear and feel, first game performance review, and a follow up. Go back a few pages and ctrl+F my username.

My full review is on page 107.

Just came back from 2 and a half hours of pick up. First of all, I already regret sizing down from my regular size 10 to a 9.5. In store it felt like the obvious thing to do since they run very long and I have narrow/regular feet, but on court my thumbs would smash into the front of the shoe on hard stops...very painful. Traction held its own on the very dusty floor of the gym I play in. It isn't squeaky and there's no hard bite but it was reliable. Also, I didn't feel like they were dangerous or tippy and that was my main concern. Just for comparison's sake, the KD 9 is an unplayable shoe for me since the combination of soft upper, mushy cushioning and overall height of the midsole made me tweak my ankles constantly on hard cuts. I'm happy to say the Lebron 15 is a much more secure shoe. The thing that got me completely miffed was the cushioning. I'm a very light, shifty and speedy guard who wears Kyries and loves the original Kobe AD (I know I'm the only one). I love responsiveness on my shoes. But I'm 35 and just wanted to have something different (i.e. more comfortable) to wear and save my knees on the second leg of back to backs and boost is too mushy for me. I know the 15 is not a guard shoe but since they look amazing I got them anyway. Maybe I'm not heavy enough to put enough pressure on the air max zoom bags and activate them, I don't know. But they felt completely dead to me, no bounce at all, no give at all and since the shoe rides high off the ground court feel isn't there as well. It felt like no man's land. I payed full retail for them so I'll have to keep going at it hoping for better results. But it's not looking good. I had no fun while in them. Hope it helps all of you who are still on the fence.

Last edited:
So I've worn the 15's a few times now for a couple of 2-3 hour pickup runs.

Traction hasn't really improved, it's good but still not great. Midsole has started to break in where I can feel the zoom more each time...it's not a super bouncy feeling just excellent impact protection. Height of the shoe is noticeable but I haven't experience any tipping or unstable feeling that some people have reported.

The only issue that I have is the same that I have with all wovens...they just don't feel as sturdy/stable as mesh or leather based shoes. Containment is still good, just that the upper may be too soft for my liking. Overall I still like the shoe and will keep wearing it, but something to consider for those of you who are on the fence about purchasing.

Just came back from 2 and a half hours of pick up. First of all, I already regret sizing down from my regular size 10 to a 9.5. In store it felt like the obvious thing to do since they run very long and I have narrow/regular feet, but on court my thumbs would smash into the front of the shoe on hard stops...very painful. Traction held its own on the very dusty floor of the gym I play in. It isn't squeaky and there's no hard bite but it was reliable. Also, I didn't feel like they were dangerous or tippy and that was my main concern. Just for comparison's sake, the KD 9 is an unplayable shoe for me since the combination of soft upper, mushy cushioning and overall height of the midsole made me tweak my ankles constantly on hard cuts. I'm happy to say the Lebron 15 is a much more secure shoe. The thing that got me completely miffed was the cushioning. I'm a very light, shifty and speedy guard who wears Kyries and loves the original Kobe AD (I know I'm the only one). I love responsiveness on my shoes. But I'm 35 and just wanted to have something different (i.e. more comfortable) to wear and save my knees on the second leg of back to backs and boost is too mushy for me. I know the 15 is not a guard shoe but since they look amazing I got them anyway. Maybe I'm not heavy enough to put enough pressure on the air max zoom bags and activate them, I don't know. But they felt completely dead to me, no bounce at all, no give at all and since the shoe rides high off the ground court feel isn't there as well. It felt like no man's land. I payed full retail for them so I'll have to keep going at it hoping for better results. But it's not looking good. I had no fun while in them. Hope it helps all of you who are still on the fence.
I think you got it right in your assessment, you are not heavy enough and not the body type the shoe was made for. I am a bigger guy and can not play in kyries at all and love the LeBron 15 because of the cushion

Your experience and others make the cushion set up sound like kd x’s. I haven’t picked up a 15 yet... I’m 215 lb hopefully the cushioning is nice for me like some of y’all big guys say. I never felt it in the kd x though

Back
Top Bottom