*OFFICIAL* NIKE LEBRON 15

I want kith retros!

I would buy more if they did. Here's my current collection

20220322_115805.jpg

20220322_115849.jpg

Still got em if anyone is interested. US11.5 in pristine condition.

Xrail31 Xrail31 agreed on a price and told me to hold them for him til the end of the week, then stopped responding when it came time to pay lol.

Not sure if this has been asked/answered or not. Is the colorway that Lebron is wearing in the pictures on the first page the Black/Gold colorway?

nah it was a black/white weartest PE from when he hooped at UCLA in the preseason iirc
Dang, I was hoping that, because the I love this (the pair he is wearing) colorway and the Orange Box colorway. That being said, money saved on the Black/Gold, especially since prices are crazy high on them!

Thank you for the reply.

Truly the last great Bron sig. Nike knocked this model out the park every way possible. From the GRs, to LeBron Watch, and then Kith collab. Chef’s kiss. Can’t recall a miss.

It’s true, I can’t even tell you what the models after 15 look like

16s and 17s weren't so bad but the 15s are leaps and bounds better overall
I was quite disappointed with the 16s and thought they would be atleast marginally better than the 15s. never thought that they would feel not that as good as the 15s. my pair felt heavy like bricks.

I was quite disappointed with the 16s and thought they would be atleast marginally better than the 15s. never thought that they would feel not that as good as the 15s. my pair felt heavy like bricks.

Which ones do you have?

The atmos pair feels almost as good as the 15s on foot.

Are you wearing them to hoop in?

The 17s feel amazing once you break them in.

Which ones do you have?

The atmos pair feels almost as good as the 15s on foot.

Are you wearing them to hoop in?

The 17s feel amazing once you break them in.
I have the glow 16s. had them since they launched. used them a lot of times casually, jogging, walking and balling. they still feel like hard bricks. they don't feel like max zoom at all and not sure if they are even compressing at all. no bounce whatsoever but there is some decent impact protection. the 15s feel more like springboard pillows. the 16s are beautifully aesthetically speaking but they performance-wise, they feel mediocre. if I was to compare what the 16s feel like, they are just about a bit better than the Reebok Iversons. never liked the 17 aesthetically, so I gave them a pass.

I have the glow 16s. had them since they launched. used them a lot of times casually, jogging, walking and balling. they still feel like hard bricks. they don't feel like max zoom at all and not sure if they are even compressing at all. no bounce whatsoever but there is some decent impact protection. the 15s feel more like springboard pillows. the 16s are beautifully aesthetically speaking but they performance-wise, they feel mediocre. if I was to compare what the 16s feel like, they are just about a bit better than the Reebok Iversons. never liked the 17 aesthetically, so I gave them a pass.

I think you would like the 17s for hooping. If you can get a pair for under retail I would jump on it.

They feel better than the gt jumps, in my experience.

I think you would like the 17s for hooping. If you can get a pair for under retail I would jump on it.

They feel better than the gt jumps, in my experience.
the 17s do look like have great cushion from a tech standpoint and according to what I'm hearing. it could be that they could feel better than the Jumps but the 17s just look too wild for my taste. even when I purchased the Jumps was quite a struggle but came to terms due to the comfort and acceptable Black "Own Space" colorway. looking back, I would have gone with a 2nd pair of infrared 36 or Leprechaun 36.

Last edited:
I played a lot in all 3… only own a pair of 16’s at the moment so I can’t throw them on to do a true comparison. But from what I do remember…

LBJ 15 - firm but responsive with decent bounce. Shoe height took some getting used to, not for everyone.
LBJ 16 - felt more like an Air Max w/ a slight bounce, excellent traction but rubber was OD hard and lacing set up very funky
LBJ 17 - forefoot pod Zoom had decent bounce, nothing crazy…kinda heavy and bulky but playable.
LBJ 18 - very springy, fit a little sloppy had to crank laces down but nasty pressure on top of foot because of super thin tongue.
LBJ 19 - reserved bounce, def back to the firmer side like previous models. Just a huge shoe I think I dribbled off my foot twice miscalculating the extra length of the outsole. Heavy but playable.

Might have to give it more thought but a quick ranking I think I’d go 17>15>16>19>18

Saw a YouTube reviewer say to put a piece of material under the tongue to alleviate lace pressure. Haven’t tried that yet but if it works I might move the 18’s up higher. Honestly I’d say overall it’s kinda close if you like the Lebron line you know what you’re going to get when you throw a pair of his kicks on. Seems like each model maybe improved things in one areas but then at the same time also took a step back in another area. Like the 16’s improved the stability over the 18’s but the cushion wasn’t as great..

The 18 lows are my fav, just a solid balance of cushion weight and fit.

I played a lot in all 3… only own a pair of 16’s at the moment so I can’t throw them on to do a true comparison. But from what I do remember…

LBJ 15 - firm but responsive with decent bounce. Shoe height took some getting used to, not for everyone.
LBJ 16 - felt more like an Air Max w/ a slight bounce, excellent traction but rubber was OD hard and lacing set up very funky
LBJ 17 - forefoot pod Zoom had decent bounce, nothing crazy…kinda heavy and bulky but playable.
LBJ 18 - very springy, fit a little sloppy had to crank laces down but nasty pressure on top of foot because of super thin tongue.
LBJ 19 - reserved bounce, def back to the firmer side like previous models. Just a huge shoe I think I dribbled off my foot twice miscalculating the extra length of the outsole. Heavy but playable.

Might have to give it more thought but a quick ranking I think I’d go 17>15>16>19>18

Saw a YouTube reviewer say to put a piece of material under the tongue to alleviate lace pressure. Haven’t tried that yet but if it works I might move the 18’s up higher. Honestly I’d say overall it’s kinda close if you like the Lebron line you know what you’re going to get when you throw a pair of his kicks on. Seems like each model maybe improved things in one areas but then at the same time also took a step back in another area. Like the 16’s improved the stability over the 18’s but the cushion wasn’t as great..

The 18 lows are my fav, just a solid balance of cushion weight and fit.
I believe you just described the 16. the rubber was indeed very hard and I guess that's what caused it not to flex or compress enough. after many wears and the traction is pretty much burned halfway thru, the outsole still feel hard. I also feel that the material on top of the midsole that separate the insole and the max zoom air unit is hard as well. thinking again, the 16s looks and feels exactly like this shoe....

Attachments

• nike-zoom-lebron-3-qs-superman-ao2434-100-white-red-10-mens-white-red-e6c2-main.jpg
    nike-zoom-lebron-3-qs-superman-ao2434-100-white-red-10-mens-white-red-e6c2-main.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 287
the 17s do look like have great cushion from a tech standpoint and according to what I'm hearing. it could be that they could feel better than the Jumps but the 17s just look too wild for my taste. even when I purchased the Jumps was quite a struggle but came to terms due to the comfort and acceptable Black "Own Space" colorway. looking back, I would have gone with a 2nd pair on infrared 36 or Leprechaun 36.

I can't speak on the 36s cause they're too narrow for me.

Stockx has the bred 17 colorway for only $100 (in my size though). That's cheaper and better than buying a used pair like that twink james o did for the 16s. It's a really simple color blocking too

Went half size down with the 15 back then and i hated the fit. Ended up selling them all.

Bought some pairs in my true size and not now I see why Bron tends to veer back to the 15 here and there. Perfect modern basketball shoe. The comfort and the flyknit containment feels like heaven. Retro worthy.

Back
Top Bottom