*OFFICIAL* NIKE LEBRON 16

COPPED!
giphy.gif

A few things from the release:
1. "The first thing we wanted to do was get a little lower in the cut of the shoe. I wanted to get a little faster, ride a little bit closer to the court, and be a little bit more dynamic," James said in a press release.
- WHAT?!?! A lower cut ankle doesn't get you closer to the court. Thinning out the midsole and airbags will do that.
2. “LeBron liked the cushioning so much last year that we just focused on refining it,” said Petrie in a statement. “For this addition, we removed the tendril that connected the forefoot to the under-toe bag, and instead included an outrigger to create some additional support to complement the lower height.”
- So the change to the cushioning was removing the tendril. Doesn't sound like they changed the thickness of the bag nor added React. Maybe they did and we will find that out later. Also, adding outriggers is a nice touch, but I would argue that is not cushioning a change. That is a sole and stability change. Glad they added them. I hope they make a difference.

I am going to grab a pair and see if they play better than the 15s and the last few KDs. I haven't been terribly impressed with the court performance of the recent KDs and Lebrons - they've felt like a bunch of tech thrown together for looks and sounding great but the sum was less than the parts when it came to performance.

To kick off the release of the LeBron 16, Nike will launch a “Starting Five” collection (to be revealed soon). It reflects the full team effort required to succeed, but also touches on LeBron’s ability to play all five positions on the court at any given time. The “Fresh Bred” colorway, which launches on September 20th, also represents the shooting guard position, while the black and red color-combo is a light nod to another great 2-guard.

Had heard react being thrown around, but it would be odd not to include that in the press release and have it in the shoe. Especially the way that they are marketing it lately.

Yea completely agree about the casual look

Like I said b4 I'm going to wear these waaaaay more than the 15.

I don't eem want the 15s anymore now that there's a Low top version with that cushioning

I also like the upper.
It looks robotic opposed to the 15 which was more organic

Back
Top Bottom