**OFFICIAL NIKE TECH FLEECE/TECH KNIT THREAD** - SEE FAQ on First Page

been waiting on NDC to drop the price on green camo tech fleece pants and missed out on my size when they finally did :frown:

any clue on when footlocker and champs will drop to $69 as well?

fyi - they already have for every other color BUT the greens >:

been waiting on NDC to drop the price on green camo tech fleece pants and missed out on my size when they finally did :frown:

any clue on when footlocker and champs will drop to $69 as well?

fyi - they already have for every other color BUT the greens >:

thats not something that anyone can predict. you can take that style number and ask nike chat if there are any around at stores.

View media item 1907947View media item 1907946Well after two days of wear my obsidian aeroloft is falling apart. First it was the drawstring from the hoodie , and today I noticed the left arm coming apart. The quality is completely lacking on this for 350 retail. The strings feel very cheap and flimsy, I barley touched it and it came right out. The fit minus the hood which looks funny, cause of the shape but very warm. Is great , keeps me warm for Chicago weather with a crew and warmth fitted underneath. Going for an exchange in a few to my local Nike store, second Nike product to fail on me this year.

Last edited:
View media item 1907947View media item 1907946Well after two days of wear my obsidian aeroloft is falling apart. First it was the drawstring from the hoodie , and today I noticed the left arm coming apart. The quality is completely lacking on this for 350 retail. The strings feel very cheap and flimsy, I barley touched it and it came right out. The fit minus the hood which looks funny, cause of the shape but very warm. Is great , keeps me warm for Chicago weather with a crew and warmth fitted underneath. Going for an exchange in a few to my local Nike store, second Nike product to fail on me this year.

Might have to rethink my purchase and return the bomber

My bomber has held up nicely, with one exception - the sleeves get snagged on Velcro and pull. When this happened the first time I exchanged but it happened again and now they're OOS...

Well after two days of wear my obsidian aeroloft is falling apart. First it was the drawstring from the hoodie , and today I noticed the left arm coming apart. The quality is completely lacking on this for 350 retail. The strings feel very cheap and flimsy, I barley touched it and it came right out. The fit minus the hood which looks funny, cause of the shape but very warm. Is great , keeps me warm for Chicago weather with a crew and warmth fitted underneath. Going for an exchange in a few to my local Nike store, second Nike product to fail on me this year.
Same thing happened to me near the cuff. Was able to exchange without a problem. Agree that the quality and fit a little bit of disappointment for what it costs (at retail). Hope the 3rd iteration (if there is one) improves just like it did from the 1st to the 2nd.

Not sure if they ship but read most factory stores do?

Style code: 642688-063. They had 2 M left yesterday. Good luck!

Just called. They were all out of medium. They just had a large left. The have a black and white for about $50. Going to try and find another outlet for the grey for $27. Repped for the info anyway

Just called. They were all out of medium. They just had a large left. The have a black and white for about $50. Going to try and find another outlet for the grey for $27. Repped for the info anyway

Ah damn. Hope you can find one.

love when people ask the worth question
What people really mean is... are going you to validate my purchase and not call me dumb for buying something I dont need.

Id never ask another man to justify how I spend my money. If you have to ask the question either its probably out of your budget or its not something you must have. 

At the end of the day they( TF/TK) are just sweatpants are they $80-150 better than Hanes sweats no but we find a way to believe they are. 

Anyone have the new crew? Was pretty excited for that white one until I saw pics on Nike that look like the sleeves flare out at the cuff...is this the case?
View media item 1908056That was fast , did a quick exchange for New one. Took a look at the new TF crews , they have a mesh under the arms now , same as the new winder runners

Last edited:
Remember my first pair of TF pants , bought for 90 with tax. Big buyers remorse , was not worth it at all went for a return , and later copped when they were on sale for like 40. In the end but what you like when u want it. Me personally I like the fit and look of TF , but at retail that's not going to happen. In plan they are just sweats , nothing more nothing less. I do have the champion version of TF, they pil a lot , maybe cause I wear them more. TF is nice but new at retail is not my preference, after copping at 40 price range. Seeing 69-84 yesterday was a turn off completely, I can wait it out for the better sales price.

What people really mean is... are going you to validate my purchase and not call me dumb for buying something I dont need.

Id never ask another man to justify how I spend my money. If you have to ask the question either its probably out of your budget or its not something you must have. 

At the end of the day they( TF/TK) are just sweatpants are they $80-150 better than Hanes sweats no but we find a way to believe they are. 

Interested in an honest Tech Knit Windrunner review, anyone?

After wearing it for 7 out of 8 days since the day it came out [including the evening of the day I bought it last Thursday], it works well for my liking a lotI usually go on 2- or 3-mile walks during my lunch break and wearing the regular Tech Fleece Windrunner or AW77 can be a bit of a pain even if it is 60 degrees, because it gets too warm! Don't get me wrong, the Tech Fleece line is still great; I just sweat and warm up easily, haha. Few reasons why it's beneficial for me...

1 - Great balance of warmth and open weaves allow air to flow in and out, which provides relief.
2 - Comfort to the skin with blend of nylon/cotton/fibres - for any of you guys that owned the AW77 3.0 Tech Fleece hoodie, remember the seams rubbing against your skin that it'd irritate the **** out of you? Yep, none of that at all.
3 - Initial point of air flow and ventilation struck the arms first, which is pretty instant.
4 - EDIT: oh, the stretch that the hoodie provides! Since it's stretchy, that means less restrictions to contour to the body. The less restrictions, the better range of motion for your everyday lifestyle.

Like many products in general, they do come with a bit of trial and error. For me, I didn't start feeling the air flow through the chest and back where the mapped open weaves are until two days ago. That day, I wore a Nike tee, which I'm guessing had Dri-FIT cotton on it. Other than that, the chest and back ventilation was a bit of a miss, and I could see why the Tech Knit tee could be a complimentary item. Did it bother me? Not necessarily. Was that expected? Yes. The breeze through the forearms though... the moment you start walking, you'll feel that right away!

Other info: yes, the hoodie DOES INDEED run one size larger, so please take in consideration to go a size down. Better recommendation is to try it out in the store and see how it feels and fits for you.

I'm not going to answer whether or not it was worth it, because price matter and value are all subjective. You're the buyer and only you should you let your own thoughts decide to jump the gun or wait it out. The key part of the thought process to find out whether or not you think it's worth it is if you hesitate.

To me, I like this hoodie a lot. It works for what I like and it benefits me well. Otherwise, I wouldn't have worn it 7 days out of 8. Plus, it's stylish... that's the complimentary part about it.

Hope that helps, guys!

Last edited:
My bomber has held up nicely, with one exception - the sleeves get snagged on Velcro and pull. When this happened the first time I exchanged but it happened again and now they're OOS...
Where's the velcro coming from? Velcro messes up all tech fleece. That's why I removed the velcro that was pointless to have in one of my jackets so I can wear TF with it.

Got snagged on my backpack that I wear to work every day. Never thought about that until it happened so now I make sure the velcro is neatly sealed. At least it's a pretty minor snag this time.

Back
Top Bottom