**OFFICIAL NIKE TECH FLEECE/TECH KNIT THREAD** - SEE FAQ on First Page

Damn, squadron aw77 already gone for everything but XXL.

Sidenote - anyone have the rift blue pants or hoodie? Curious what your thoughts (pics?) are on color. Seeing different variations of it online.
Wow, they had nearly a full size run when I placed my order earlier. I almost ordered it but figured I'd wait.

Last edited:
Ok, so Im flipping again on the Tech Knit 
laugh.gif
 I was rushed originally and wasnt too impressed.

I am going to have to size down though, and the give to the knit is crazy, this thing can stretch thats for sure.

Overall It is really nice and a cool new piece of tech thats out, but as most of you already think it probably is not worth the price, but whatever I already spent the money.  The actual weight of the windrunner seems heavier than TF, however when having it on, it definitely feels lighter and its not as warm as the TF.  The weave changes up depending on where more ventilation would be needed and they did a pretty good job.  I had it on for maybe 15 minutes in my room and was comfortable, and was kind of surprised how cold I felt when I took it off.  (I had a normal sweatshirt on before putting it on, so im trying to show that it is just as warm as any other sweatshirt, even with the looser weaving for ventilation.)

The looser weave is up above the chevron in the chest area

Its a looser weave on the inside of the arm, and it goes all the way up the arm

And apparently most of the back is the looser weave as well, with the tight weave going down the middle of the back

I hope I can get me a tech knit windrunner when they get cheaper. I don't really need them or want them that badly but it would be a nice thing to have lol

I hope I can get me a tech knit windrunner when they get cheaper. I don't really need them or want them that badly but it would be a nice thing to have lol
Basically this sums it up, but the money is already gone out of my account so im just going to keep it 
laugh.gif

Ok, so Im flipping again on the Tech Knit 
laugh.gif
 I was rushed originally and wasnt too impressed.

I am going to have to size down though, and the give to the knit is crazy, this thing can stretch thats for sure.

Overall It is really nice and a cool new piece of tech thats out, but as most of you already think it probably is not worth the price, but whatever I already spent the money.  The actual weight of the windrunner seems heavier than TF, however when having it on, it definitely feels lighter and its not as warm as the TF.  The weave changes up depending on where more ventilation would be needed and they did a pretty good job.  I had it on for maybe 15 minutes in my room and was comfortable, and was kind of surprised how cold I felt when I took it off.  (I had a normal sweatshirt on before putting it on, so im trying to show that it is just as warm as any other sweatshirt, even with the looser weaving for ventilation.)

The looser weave is up above the chevron in the chest area

Its a looser weave on the inside of the arm, and it goes all the way up the arm

And apparently most of the back is the looser weave as well, with the tight weave going down the middle of the back
sorry i have been out of the loop for a little when it comes to the tech knit. is this an early release? i dont see it on NDC

sorry i have been out of the loop for a little when it comes to the tech knit. is this an early release? i dont see it on NDC

gotta go through the nike tech book app, i think they officially release tomorrow though, no?

Last edited:
Really dig the tech knit line, but really need a price drop.
What size did you get and your build?

Basically this sums it up, but the money is already gone out of my account so im just going to keep it 
laugh.gif
Nah it's worth the money. I wanted something to keep me warm, but not too hot when I go out shopping or at the doctors office to the point where I gotta take it off. I usually just throw on a plain white tshirt underneath and don't like people seeing me wearing it and try to keep my hoodies zippered up when out and this does the job.

currently 5"10 165. I ordered a large, need to go down to a medium
do you normally wear a large in tf? i normally wear a medium in tf and went with a medium in the tk and feel it's a little loose in the torso. still a good fit just not as close to the body as tf. i'm 5'9 165. i could probably size down for a tighter fit as the tk has some give like you mentioned but i've already gone a full day with it on.

Just went to Nike Town London and tried on the Windrunner. Fit was good but wasn't willing to spend £150 on it. The main put off for me was the big black chevron. Had it just been stitched like the regular tech fleece windrunners I probably wouldve got it.

View media item 1896969

Score. Saw a M and L in squadron aw77 on NDC. Mustve had returns or something but got the M. Only L left now.

Just went to Nike Town London and tried on the Windrunner. Fit was good but wasn't willing to spend £150 on it. The main put off for me was the big black chevron. Had it just been stitched like the regular tech fleece windrunners I probably wouldve got it.

View media item 1896969

....but you do realize the Windrunner has been around since the 70's and it's always had the "chevron" as you guys like to call it

Last edited:
....but you do realize the Windrunner has been around since the 70's and it's always had the "chevron" as you guys like to call it

Yes I do. But on tech fleece windrunners they don't make the chevron outline so obvious by making it a completely different colour. I like the chevron shape itself. Just don't like the fact they had to go all gung-ho about it and make the stitching black.

Yes I do. But on tech fleece windrunners they don't make the chevron outline so obvious by making it a completely different colour. I like the chevron shape itself. Just don't like the fact they had to go all gung-ho about it and make the stitching black.

The way you referred to it as the "regular" tech fleece Windrunner made it seem like you were saying it was the first of its kind.

The black chevron is to distinguish between the two different knits on the chest and body.

One of my favorite details of the Tech Knit Windrunner. But obviously the majority consensus does not agree.

do you normally wear a large in tf? i normally wear a medium in tf and went with a medium in the tk and feel it's a little loose in the torso. still a good fit just not as close to the body as tf. i'm 5'9 165. i could probably size down for a tighter fit as the tk has some give like you mentioned but i've already gone a full day with it on.

Yes normally wear a large in TF. This thing fits much bigger everywhere

Why you giving the guy a hard time he stated his opinion so move on.

And Nike calls it chevron Im surprised ur boi didn't tell you that :wink:

Yes normally wear a large in TF. This thing fits much bigger everywhere

thanks... this is pretty valuable info IMO since i doubt id be trying it on before buying.

now to just get the TF to TK size conversion on the bottoms :lol:

Back
Top Bottom