**OFFICIAL NIKE TECH FLEECE/TECH KNIT THREAD** - SEE FAQ on First Page

Can someone please tell me the difference between all the windrunner versions along with the style code for each? (pictures would be great too).

I have the black and grey 1.0 pants with the 3m drawstring and want to get the matching hoodie.

I don't like the new windrunners at all. The taped seam at the chest and lined hood kill it. Not to mention they seem thinner.

This.

Not digging the new ones either. From now on any and all pick ups will be Outlet and Ross finds for the low.
Don't like those kangaroo pockets at all.

Can someone please tell me the difference between all the windrunner versions along with the style code for each? (pictures would be great too).

thats alot of work you're asking someone to do for no reason. just read the thread and look at some pictures. the differences are pretty easy to see.

thats alot of work you're asking someone to do for no reason. just read the thread and look at some pictures. the differences are pretty easy to see.

Main differences are the current generation has the pockets in the front (open pockets with no zippers), the black taped seam that creates the v on the chest, thinner material (feels cheaper by not being as soft), and are not as tight as the previous version.

The previous generation has concealed pockets with zippers, cut a little tighter, no taped seam on the chest, and are a thicker material.

The thicker material WR are the absolute best. More warmth(tested it out the last few bitter cold NJ days) than the newer ones. They also feel more comfortable for some reason.

I have the red heathered, and birch from that season and they are my fav.

S/o drisk for that birch lol. I cherish that piece!

Main differences are the current generation has the pockets in the front (open pockets with no zippers), the black taped seam that creates the v on the chest, thinner material (feels cheaper by not being as soft), and are not as tight as the previous version.

The previous generation has concealed pockets with zippers, cut a little tighter, no taped seam on the chest, and are a thicker material.
Thanks. I found the older generations but how come some have 3m and some don't? 

Another vote for the previous zipper pocket Windrunners. As mentioned they just feel a lot softer overall. New ones, only one I have is the Olympic, just feels thinner and more coarse. They wrinkle really easily too... feels more 'crispy' in a bad way then the previous ones that felt more like a soft smooth fabric.

My Sequoia Camo WR is the softest one in my collection for some reason. The black one with 3m drawstrings is close. Tech Hero Fleece from Jackrabbit is really useful with the higher funnel in the hood for the cold. My Olympic I dig but hardly wear right now.

Last edited:
Thinking about getting me a pair of the pants in the near future. Do u guys know the difference between the 100$ and the 175$. Also I've seen one that has the crotch drop style and the other one that's more fitted. Is that the new one?

For the person asking about the WR differences... Here's a comparison post I did a few weeks ago...

I have ten of the older TF windrunners, and I just purchased an updated version...

Here are some comparison pics...

View media item 2235726
One of the main differences... the side zipper pockets or lack thereof on the update
View media item 2235727
View media item 2235728
View media item 2235729Also notice that the new version has a curve, while the older one is straight

The next difference is the chevron. It's outlined and more pronounced in the update.
View media item 2235730
View media item 2235731

Pull tabs and drawstrings: Older one has reflective hits (some of the older OGs have solid drawstrings), while the update has solid drawstrings and a rubber pull tab
View media item 2235732
View media item 2235733

The hoods also have different designs
View media item 2235735
View media item 2235737

Also regarding the hoods... the updated one has a two-color liner, while the OG has the same color
View media item 2235738
View media item 2235739

Sleeve ends are also different than the OGs
View media item 2235740

The update is more like a hybrid of the AW77 TF and the windrunner, as it has a "tail". All in all, I still prefer the OG because of the side pocket zippers and more subtle chevron.

Damn all that in hasta too! Y'all San Leandro area cats eating.

None of y'all wanna oop size large hasta tops? [emoji]128064[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom