OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.1%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.0%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 51 24.3%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.3%

• Total voters
I'll gladly take a shoe for well under retail with a beat up box vs. retail (or more) with a perfect box.

I'm wearing the shoes, not the box.

this.

i got my white flyknit trainers on sale for like $115 earlier this year from a low key spot in cali, and the only catch was no box, just a replacement box...

compared to the prices they were going for everywhere else? no freaking problem... :lol:

i'm the kind of guy tho who doesn't store most of my shoes in their boxes tho... i display them out on shelves, some of which behind UV resistant glass doors, cuz the only real known issues with keeping them out of the box is yellowing (which i have never had a problem with anyways, even without the UV resistant doors, cuz the lights don't stay on in my room much, and i got the windows blocked so no sunlight ever comes thru)...

in my experience, storing shoes in their boxes has often done more harm than good. cuz most shoe boxes are narrow, and they factory lace them so tight, they fit originally, but if you loosen them up at all, the shoes can push into each other in the box, and create creases, dents, wrinkles, etc... plus, i'd rather see the shoes, than boxes... i got some shoes in boxes and to be honest sometimes i forget what i got, cuz i never see the actual shoes...

i looked into those clear plastic boxes from container store, but they're too expensive, and the cheaper alternatives on amazon and stuff aren't as clear... plus i can't imagine trying to stack them as high as i can with my shelving system...

There's a good deal ($119 shipped BIN) on eBay for either the Jade or Oreo/Volt Racers (mostly small and large sizes though).

Last edited:
lol theres a guy on ebay reselling a lot ofred flyknit racers for 185 buy it now and he put in the info "bought from rrs" and its like 130 for them smh 

so my question is....

how much more are you willing to pay for a box thats not wrecked?

yea stackin codes on top of vip from RRS is nice and all, but this **** gets old
not a big deal man.

if you really want a nice box for your collection...get a replacement box of the same size (easily found if you're resourceful) and switch stickers/tags.

i've done that twice. applied small amount of glue stick and the new box looks flawless. nobody would ever be able to tell tags were switched.

save money...quit b****ing

Last edited:
don't u hate it when the tissue paper gets creases....
ohwell.gif

not a big deal man.

if you really want a nice box for your collection...get a replacement box of the same size (easily found if you're resourceful) and switch stickers/tags.

i've done that twice. applied small amount of glue stick and the new box looks flawless. nobody would ever be able to tell tags were switched.

save money...quit b****ing

Haha wow. Wasnt *****ing at all. Damaged boxes are very typical.
i was just presenting a topic for conversation.
Im well aware of the various alternatives, plastic bins or replacement boxes etc.
but thanks for your input e-warrior.

I commented on RRS ******* up boxes a couple months back. Just contact them, I'm sure they'll give you a discount code or something.

Happy Flyknits Friday!

Here are my knits.. The HTM and volt trainer are DS, the whites are my summer beaters.
Looking to add an air max pair soon, and please Nike, keep making trainers.

Last edited:

Sup guys, been lurking the forums for some time. Got inspired by a fellow NTer from one of the earlier posts to paint the swoosh on the photo blues white. Gotta say they look much, much better. Still on the fence about painting the medial side as well. What you guys think?

Sup guys, been lurking the forums for some time. Got inspired by a fellow NTer from one of the earlier posts to paint the swoosh on the photo blues white. Gotta say they look much, much better. Still on the fence about painting the medial side as well. What you guys think?
looks good man... how do you do it without f***-ing up? have been wanting to try that, but im clueless

Back
Top Bottom