OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.1%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.0%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 51 24.3%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.3%

• Total voters

Did you just turn Oreo Volts into OG Oreos? (plus the black on the front midsole)

If yes, good job...BUT why not just buy the OG Oreos?
OG Oreos are going for about $250, and I got these for $125 shipped and spent $5 on supplies. So I guess the reason is because I didnt want to spend twice the amount for the real shoe. Plus, I really enjoyed making these and hope some of you guy's might consider doing this too.

How hard was it to pait the tongue without getting any paint on anything else?

I want to paint my Black White Racer tongues from white to black.

Any tips are appreciated :smile:

Wasn't hard at all, just a steady hand. Like others have stated you can use
masking tape on areas that are not getting painted, I find it easier to freehand.
I used angelus leather dye on the tongue not the paint, the paint will make the tongue stiff
after it dries.

How hard was it to pait the tongue without getting any paint on anything else?

I want to paint my Black White Racer tongues from white to black.

Any tips are appreciated :smile:
i would just wait for the jan 30 release of blk/white racers it will have the black tongue u want

masking tape on areas that are not getting painted, I find it easier to freehand.
I used angelus leather dye on the tongue not the paint, the paint will make the tongue stiff
after it dries.
CWs are too similar to waste money buying another pair...i'd rather just paint it myself

UNLESS i can find someone to trade my white tongue Black/White racer for a black tongue Black/White Racer

OG Oreos are going for about $250, and I got these for $125 shipped and spent $5 on supplies. So I guess the reason is because I didnt want to spend twice the amount for the real shoe. Plus, I really enjoyed making these and hope some of you guy's might consider doing this too.
ah sorry. i understand now. didn't know you weren't around when the OG oreo racers dropped.

your paint job looks flawless btw. keep us updated on how the midsole holds up after a few wears.

Last edited:
Here's another pic, you can see that the painting on the sole isn't that good. Going to over the sole a few more times.

@artimus can I get a pic of the photo blue ? With one being shown on the painted side compared to the medial side

Looks sloppy when you see the closeup like that.

I like it in theory, but the execution needs some work.

Yea, up close looks pretty sloppy, really hard to tape of the edges since they are all curved. But from a few feet away, its hardly noticeable and still beats the alternative of the volt wires and sole

hi, is there a reason why these shoe model are more expensive than collabo shoes on ebay from resellers? they are made limited for a general release? or they are quickstrikes or somthing?

hi, is there a reason why these shoe model are more expensive than collabo shoes on ebay from resellers? they are made limited for a general release? or they are quickstrikes or somthing?
They were not limited, quickstrikes, nor something like that. There were plenty available and even went on sale on Nike.com. Two Flyknit Trainers are more expensive than collabo shoes because of Kanye West.

thanks man :smile: are you able to get the paint in sg? will try it on my photo blues :D
I'm not sure if there are any local retailers of angelus paint. Got mine off angelusdirect.com.
after it dries.
How's the knit after the dye job? I'm thinking of getting a second pair of volt oreos and dying them white but i'm afraid it'll be stiff after.
@artimus can I get a pic of the photo blue ? With one being shown on the painted side compared to the medial side
Wore them out for the first time after painting the swoosh. I think it actually looks pretty good leaving the medial side swoosh black.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if there are any local retailers of angelus paint. Got mine off angelusdirect.com.
How's the knit after the dye job? I'm thinking of getting a second pair of volt oreos and dying them white but i'm afraid it'll be stiff after.

Wore them out for the first time after painting the swoosh. I think it actually looks pretty good leaving the medial side swoosh black.

Fresh. On the white swoosh side is it obsidian? O: or like a deep navy ?
I wonder what these look like in black laces... With your pair

Fresh. On the white swoosh side is it obsidian? O: or like a deep navy ?
I wonder what these look like in black laces... With your pair
It's just black. Official colourway's black/photo blue - white.

Was curious to see how they'd look myself so i swapped the laces with my university red. Not too sure how i feel about the lace swap though hmm...

after it dries.
I actually feel like dying my volt Oreos white but I'm curious what will happen if I just paint it with angelus leather paint instead of dying it cause I can't find a white dye

$85 pick up from Craigslist today. 
smokin.gif

Never paid retail for flyknits

Back
Top Bottom