OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.3%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.4%

• Total voters
I'm prob in the minority and please don't freak out but the 2.0 is my 3rd fav (not gonna say the "worst" because all the multis are fuego)

However once i have a pair in hand that will prob change lol

^ 1s look strange when not in direct sunlight. The 3s still pop pretty well in my opinion, when the lighting is bad. If not for the grey tongue, it's not even close in my opinion as to which is better. To each in their own though. 2s have always been my favorite racer.

^ 1s look strange when not in direct sunlight. The 3s still pop pretty well in my opinion, when the lighting is bad. If not for the grey tongue, it's not even close in my opinion as to which is better. To each in their own though. 2s have always been my favorite racer.
I can see what you mean, but definitely 2s over the others for sure. Idk how I've felt about the grey tongue honestly, maybe it's just my pair cause it's mainly a pink weave

sadly i am located in europe so i ll have to pay shipping if i purchase via finishline while ndc.eu provides free shipping 
Damn, that's upsetting as hell

Iirc nike made some changes to the recycled plastic composition for newer racers. Is the og mc2.0 before or after? All future releases after that news will be composed of higher % of recycled material?

Iirc nike made some changes to the recycled plastic composition for newer racers. Is the og mc2.0 before or after? All future releases after that news will be composed of higher % of recycled material?

OG Mc2 is after the change.

Do you guys notice that much difference between your older models and the newer recycled material?

Do you guys notice that much difference between your older models and the newer recycled material?

The newer material is slightly more stiff. After a bunch of wears though, it is pretty difficult to tell. The main difference is with lighting. The new material is more plastic, so it shines much brighter in the sun. Also, the newer material pops more when it's darker lighting. That's one reason why I prefer the mc3 over the mc1. The new material looks good in all lighting situations, whereas my mc1 looks brown/pea green in darker lit rooms.

The weave is also slightly different. You can really tell on the heel cup, as the pattern is different than the old models. I prefer the way the older weave looks, but it's not really a big deal.

Last edited:
The newer material is slightly more stiff. After a bunch of wears though, it is pretty difficult to tell. The main difference is with lighting. The new material is more plastic, so it shines much brighter in the sun. Also, the newer material pops more when it's darker lighting. That's one reason why I prefer the mc3 over the mc1. The new material looks good in all lighting situations, whereas my mc1 looks brown/pea green in darker lit rooms.

The weave is also slightly different. You can really tell on the heel cup, as the pattern is different than the old models. I prefer the way the older weave looks, but it's not really a big deal.

Always delivering the goods! Thanks Dragicon. Got into the Racer game late but slowly getting some of the older ones. I didnt really notice it until I read it somewhere in this thread before.

I got the blue lagoon which i believe is from older material vs Total Orange released in 2016. I can wear my BL with socks on, but not the TO. Too tight to wear it with socks. Not sure if it's due to the newer material. Gotta wait for my recent purchase of oreo2.0 as further reference.

As far as I can judge it - the first Oreo 2 Release (at the Beginning of 2015) was the last one with less recycled material and they are bit less stiff because of that.
I have them and a lot of newer Racers all in 9.5 US - they all differ a bit, but all less than half number (- also because of the same dimension of the sole).
(My RN Motions for comaparison have the same upper, but differ half a number in different colors (black and multicolor) - since the soles have different dimension).
(The Blue Lagoons - also in my collection - have already the higher proportion of recyceled material).

Last edited:
As far as I can judge it - the first Oreo 2 Release (at the Beginning of 2015) was the last one with less recycled material and they are bit less stiff because of that.
I have them and a lot of newer Racers all in 9.5 US - they all differ a bit, but all less than half number (- also because of the same dimension of the sole).
(My RN Motions for comaparison have the same upper, but differ half a number in different colors (black and multicolor) - since the soles have different dimension).
(The Blue Lagoons - also in my collection - have already the higher proportion of recyceled material).

That's surprising. Initially i thought its due to TO higher percentage of recycled material for the slight size difference. Looks like i will have to wait for my oreo 2.0 which i went half up from BL and TO to determine.

I think it's just like almost every woven product without a solid/ fixed form.

My Fireberrys for example are the "tightest" in comparispn to the others from 2016 or from 2015 after the first Oreo 2-Release) - but as said: always less than half a size.

If you have an older pair of Racers from 2014 for example (or first Oreo 2) in your hands - you can feel the diffrence concerning stiffness in the Flyknit due to the proportion of recycled material - they are "softer"/ less stiff. I personally prefer the newer ones.

Last edited:
Just as soon as Nike sends me this $20 off $100 promotion, the midnight racers are sold out in a 10 & 10.5 
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom