OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.3%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.4%

• Total voters
this might be a long shot but has anyone ever squatted or dead lifted in flyknit racers before? How is it? 

I've done and still do both. Squatting sucks for sure. The heel cup is too high compared to the toes, putting a lot of force on your toes and causing a lot of form issues. Deadlifting is kind of whatever. The soles of racers are pretty soft so it feels a little weird when you do it. If you're like me and have wide/flat feet, you'll definitely feel that lack of support because of the narrow soles on racers. I would recommend a lot of people just deadlift barefoot instead, since that way your feet are flat on the ground. Either way, I'm too lazy to take of my shoes so I just deal with it :lol:

I've done and still do both. Squatting sucks for sure. The heel cup is too high compared to the toes, putting a lot of force on your toes and causing a lot of form issues. Deadlifting is kind of whatever. The soles of racers are pretty soft so it feels a little weird when you do it. If you're like me and have wide/flat feet, you'll definitely feel that lack of support because of the narrow soles on racers. I would recommend a lot of people just deadlift barefoot instead, since that way your feet are flat on the ground. Either way, I'm too lazy to take of my shoes so I just deal with it :lol:

x2 . I do as well have wide flat feet. I squatted and deadlift in both racers and trainers! Racers just doesn't do the job! But trainers do:smile:

Anybody know where else they got the neo turquoise racers? I slacked tryna wait for RRS for that VIP and now they're sold out in my size on NDC. Might as well pay retail for all this waiting.

Anybody know where to find a deal on the Deep Burgundy Chukka... sucks that i miss out on them on end clothing. i need a 11.5 any help would be greatly appreciated

I have both Flyknit Trainers and Racers even dropped $200 for the Hyperfeel and none of those provides the stability that I need for squats and esp. deadlifts. Even the Hyperfeel feels a tad bit too squishy (with the lunarlon insole) for squats and deadlift. I know this is a NikeTalk forum, but I'd highly recommend looking into the New Balance Minimus 20v3 for deadlifting and squatting. Hands down those are the best "barefoot" shoes out there imho...

Last edited:
Anyone's clearance racer ship out yet? I don't even think they've even charged my CC yet and it's been a full day

Anyone's clearance racer ship out yet? I don't even think they've even charged my CC yet and it's been a full day

I ordered late last night. No shipping notificiation yet. Patience, I'm pretty sure we'll get notification tomorrow.

I got shipping email too but it's for the laces from the same order :stoneface: Still waiting for a shirt and the black/white Racers. No clue why they don't wait to bundle the small item together.

I tried squatting in trainers and it was so unbelievably terrible, I felt like my feet were breaking. I currently squat in Adidas sambas. You should stop doing those workouts in trainers before you hurt yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've used the NB Minimus, Chucks, and FK Trainers and I prefer Trainers over any of then for squatting. Deadlifting is a different story however.

Anyone have the new code for discounts off the Nike site? Was going to bag the chlorine blue FK Racers and it said both MOVEBETTER & WINTER2DAY were expired. :smh:

Thanks in advance.

Anyone have the new code for discounts off the Nike site? Was going to bag the chlorine blue FK Racers and it said both MOVEBETTER & WINTER2DAY were expired.
mean.gif

Thanks in advance.
i dont think there are any active codes atm

Last edited:
Here's something interesting to add to the discussion on whether or not the Charcoal Racers on RRS are indeed as pictured or are the new Volts on NDC

cEYV89z.jpg

They've now gone as far as printing this image in their catalogs, could it be? I guess we'll find on sometime next week when orders begin to ship / arrive.

Edit: The image on RRS has officially been updated to match NDC

Iwkudl9.png

http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/NIK1505/?cc=ORBK808

Last edited:
Expired Jan. 2nd |I

I had thought I bagged a pair of the reds off Luke's Locker but turns out they didn't have my size. Wish they would have emailed me yesterday so I could have jumped on the chlorines- as usual, a day late and dollar short.

Back
Top Bottom