OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.3%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.4%

• Total voters
Trainers are garbage. Felt this way since the very first flyknit drop and never changed my mind.
depends on if you got wide feet or not and what you use them for... i know a bunch of wide footers that prefer trainers over racers as they fit better. 

Trainers have a more substantial outsole, and heel air

Whole system is longer lasting, and more expensive to produce.

Hence why Nike no longer sells them 
mean.gif

Last edited:

To date, I still don't know what the difference is between unpadded and padded. Anyone care to explain?

Can you tell from the Trainers in the pic below? 
You have padded trainers, pad in the heel. 

Unpadded is similar to your racers. 

To date, I still don't know what the difference is between unpadded and padded. Anyone care to explain?

Can you tell from the Trainers in the pic below? 
padded trainers have a sock liner that is cushioned/stuffed, as opposed to the unpadded liners like the racers. The trainers you have are padded, it has a stuffed sock liner

Thanks everyone. Repped.

Now, I always see people prefer padded or unpadded... wouldn't padded be more comfortable? Why people still want unpadded?

If anyone is looking for some of the "less popular" racer colors, RW has them on sale. FSR for the blue lagoons and sherbets.

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/Nike_Flyknit_Racer/descpage-NFKR21.html

Don't forget to use code FB15D for an additional 15% off. Price comes out to about $95!
For those copping the Racers from RunningWarehouse, they go even lower to ~$95 when you use "FB15D" instead of RUNBLOG.
Thank you. Haven't checked this thread in a few days. Just got the blue lagoons. 

Last edited:
Got my pair in , I like them but anyone notice that the Oreo 2.0 seem like better quality ?
The toe areas kinda form dimples when I stick my feet in and the Oreos have a smooth toe areas even when worn if it makes any sense . Can I also get a legit check ?

^if you're referring to the toe box "pucker" when you have them on feet, it's very common. It's a hit or miss really.

Got my pair in , I like them but anyone notice that the Oreo 2.0 seem like better quality ?
The toe areas kinda form dimples when I stick my feet in and the Oreos have a smooth toe areas even when worn if it makes any sense . Can I also get a legit check ?
They look good my man......

Just curious why would you pay resell and then ask for a legit check later? 

depends on if you got wide feet or not and what you use them for... i know a bunch of wide footers that prefer trainers over racers as they fit better. 
I have a really wide foot and I wish the Racers had a wider sole but I've always thought that the Trainers design looked like ****.

They look good my man......

Just curious why would you pay resell and then ask for a legit check later? 
eBay seller had good feedback so I didn't think about it but I always appreciate extra inputs from the NT Fam !

Any more of you guys have those toe area dimples and caved in lines look on yours ?

Any more of you guys have those toe area dimples and caved in lines look on yours ?

VERY common back to the first Total Orange and Volt racers, just something that happens with flyknits.

It's just like a leather toe box creases, you can't control that. Some have it some don't.

It's not a big deal if any at all.

Last edited:
Those toe dimples, as you call it, have nothing to do with quality. The shoes don't have much structure, so depending on how that particular pair was counstructed, and shape of you're foot, those "dimples" will appear, or not appear.

Please don't use sneaker shields in your flyknits...

So my MC2.0s seem to be different, I'll shoot photos when I get home from the office...the foot entrance of my left shoe is more oval shaped (width wide) whereas the right is more circular so it has different feels to them when wearing....am I the only?

Thanks everyone. Repped.

Now, I always see people prefer padded or unpadded... wouldn't padded be more comfortable? Why people still want unpadded?
All comes down to personal preference, but to me... unpadded > padded and it's not even close.

Padded trainers feel bulkier on foot and you can't get the same sock-like feel that you can from unpadded trainers (or racers, flyknit frees, etc.).

Back
Top Bottom