OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.3%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.4%

• Total voters
haven't been in here in over a week and still sizing talk.... byeeeee
I wish there was a way to do a break down of the threads to see how much of our discussions are actually about shoes. Most hot threads are about sizing and shipping :rofl:

Has anyone actually trained in the trainers? Are they decent workout shoes?
Like training in racers .. I can definitely see some flattening after about 6 miles of running.. zero arch support and the zoom Air was non existent even though I know it's there.. my heel hurted after .. the vapormax was a little better for me but barely

Has anyone actually trained in the trainers? Are they decent workout shoes?
Decent is the key word. I used my squadron blues for gym. I even use racers when I'm not doing deadlifts or squats that day. It's not bad but there's better stuff out there to go to the gym. No reason to really use these unless you want to stunt while working out like the guy who wears yeezys at my gym. I really only use them if they're the first pair I see lying around.

Like training in racers .. I can definitely see some flattening after about 6 miles of running.. zero arch support and the zoom Air was non existent even though I know it's there.. my heel hurted after .. the vapormax was a little better for me but barely
Have you ever almost died from walking up stairs in vapormaxes? My friend got a stair caught in the groove of the vapormax sole and fell. Good thing he was only 3-4 steps up the stairs lmao.

I've been wanting to run in Trainers, but their cws are mediocre to me. I'll admit if a shoe looks good, I feel like I'll perform better lol. Dual Zoom would seem like an advantage though. They're like a stripped down Vomero.

Racers, on the other hand, are top 3 in performance of all time for me.

Last edited:
thanks for all the feedback on the training in the trainers! I have done some HIIT workouts in my flyknit racers and i have a lot of trouble with lateral movements. If i can find a pair of trainers for a decent, discounted price i might pull the trigger and try them out.

metcon's, just get those. your training sessions, and life, will be much better.

hell, plenty of free train force flyknit's out there for less than $65-$70 that you can find at your local outlet. has an ankle collar, similar to the LE's, but does have good lateral support. not the best looking shoe but gets the job done

Have you ever almost died from walking up stairs in vapormaxes? My friend got a stair caught in the groove of the vapormax sole and fell. Good thing he was only 3-4 steps up the stairs lmao.
No but I almost rolled my ankle a few times because they are so stiff and high almost felt like I was running on heels .. takes time to get used to but after it was broken in it was still pretty lackluster for the $200 price point... you can't really wear casual wear with them like the trainers/racers

Forgot my running shoes at home (Nike Zoom Structure 19) and ended up using my OG Multicolor Flyknit trainers. Felt some shin splints but thought the experience was surprisingly OK.

No but I almost rolled my ankle a few times because they are so stiff and high almost felt like I was running on heels .. takes time to get used to but after it was broken in it was still pretty lackluster for the $200 price point... you can't really wear casual wear with them like the trainers/racers

No offense to anyone in here but I'm not picky with comfort and I'm pretty honest but vapormaxes are NOT comfortable... at all.

Probably one of the stiffest shoes, and yes they've been worn MULTIPLE times.

My brother likes em and he's picky with kicks and comfort so it's really weird. The fact that most in the vapormax thread said they are more comfortable than boost are on something :smh:

Had to swap out my TTS for a .5 size down on my Sunset Tints. A little tighter at the forefoot toe area but the heel slippage was minimized (although still present).

No offense to anyone in here but I'm not picky with comfort and I'm pretty honest but vapormaxes are NOT comfortable... at all.

Probably one of the stiffest shoes, and yes they've been worn MULTIPLE times.

My brother likes em and he's picky with kicks and comfort so it's really weird. The fact that most in the vapormax thread said they are more comfortable than boost are on something :smh:

Wearing vapormax vs ultraboost for a lengthy period of time myself, I can attest to vapormax cushioning being more responsive. Ultraboosts are one of the most comfortable shoes if you are just chillin not walking or running much for a few hours, but the soft boost cushioning doesnt give your heel much support over hours and hours of being on your feet. My recommendation is to really try and break in the vapormax, then they start to become comfortable, just multiple wears is not enough, you need atleast 30-40 wears IMO

Wearing vapormax vs ultraboost for a lengthy period of time myself, I can attest to vapormax cushioning being more responsive. Ultraboosts are one of the most comfortable shoes if you are just chillin not walking or running much for a few hours, but the soft boost cushioning doesnt give your heel much support over hours and hours of being on your feet. My recommendation is to really try and break in the vapormax, then they start to become comfortable, just multiple wears is not enough, you need atleast 30-40 wears IMO

I believe you especially wearing the vapormaxes that many times, most from what I saw last time in the thread said they break in after a few wears which is a lie

I don't really dig the vapormax look so I will never know. Plus I'm not tryna die walking up stairs LOL.

I believe you especially wearing the vapormaxes that many times, most from what I saw last time in the thread said they break in after a few wears which is a lie
Yea thats not true, plus its a knit shoe so the uppers need to loosen up as well.

Back
Top Bottom