OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.3%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.4%

• Total voters
Tossed on the hyperpunch for a couple miles, little behind on shaking that winter weight…
EB35CFF8-07D6-4274-B9E7-3AE064A323A3.jpeg

Any suggestions for outsole glue? I think I’ve heard E6000 but not sure.

6D97B317-AA57-49E8-9612-A63ED1F3A1AA.jpeg

As we roll up on a decade of Racers I am seeing a lot of the same separation and it’s super random. I’m in Chipotle and half my outsole is falling off randomly.

Don't bother with E6000, Shoe Goo or any of that stuff.

Stick with Barge Super Stik or Barge Infinity. Hit up @jaysocologist on IG. He sells smaller amounts that should be enough to fix a pair or two.

Yeah and the uppers/midsole are in great condition. I keep a silica container in the closet to protect everything but I might wear each pair only 2 or 3 times a year so maybe just not enough regular usage idk

Yeah and the uppers/midsole are in great condition. I keep a silica container in the closet to protect everything but I might wear each pair only 2 or 3 times a year so maybe just not enough regular usage idk

Ugh, got a few pairs in the closet myself that I haven't touched in a while recently either. Noticed the paint was chipping off my Uni Red's the last time I wore them.

Still need these in an 11... Not paying $300+ for a decade old shoe, though.

Was hoping they would retro for the 10 year anniversary, but Nike doesn't seem to care about Flyknits at this point.

They retro’d Free Run 2s and arguably these were more popular than those so imma say theyll retro Trainers or Racers in small runs in the future. Woudnt mind the white Trainers or some Multi Racers again. Still have the multis, yellow and a couple other colors I cant remember. Beat up from so much use back in the day though. Lowkey yellow pair might be my fav over the multi.

They retroed the Trainers a few years ago in some great cws, which I thought some were better than the OGs.

The Racers haven’t retroed though. I think those retailed for $160 originally, so I don’t think retroing them would be lucrative for Nike since there aren’t that many that appreciate the model as the posters in this thread as of late.

I’m really happy that I have two large bins of FKR and FKT swaps! I have about dozen that I’ve kept stock, but I’m waiting for the right sole to pair them with. The Zoom Fly 5 looks promising!

Depending on your perspective of it’s a restock or retro (I argue retro) but several colors of Racers did Retro - Neo Turquoise and Game Royal for sure, and even though the tongue switched Black/White Retro’d as well.

As far as Flyknit Racer/Trainer being more popular than FR2, absolutely not fam lol. Free Run 2 was a massively popular hit, a definite game changer for Nike. For whatever reason the numerous FR2 retros just didn’t catch on but that tends to happen when a shoe transitions from core Running to NSW

Thanks bro! I might need more because I anticipate this probably happening due to age. I don’t wear any of them enough due to the volume of pairs and WFH so when I do it’s tragic

267A12E5-222F-4415-9A50-FEA9B7238B23.jpeg

This happened to my pair late last year.
Gave them to my nephew & he said one day when he randomly went for a run the whole sole came off like your pair is doing currently. :smh:

IMG_0313.jpeg

I'm not sure what causes this, but I believe it's probably due to some of the things you said. Age & the lack of consistent wear, because like you, they fell out of my rotation for sometime. If you find some repair solutions, please share in the thread.

PO

Can't help but wonder if the silica packs in the container are contributing to the glue breaking down. Found this old NT thread discussing it. I've got an embarrassing amount of DS racers I should check on.
https://niketalk.com/threads/silica-packs-your-thoughts.242909/

Back
Top Bottom