OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KD IV THREAD: Galaxy Returning

Originally Posted by Wayne141

I think some people are slowly coming to their senses about these. Starting to see the resale prices on the Weathermans dip a bit to 225-275 now as opposed to the 300-400 they were earlier this week. A cosignment place around me even had a pair for $250. Hope these eventually settle down more so I can scoop them for a more reasonable price down the road. Not banking on it, but got my fingers crossed.

haven't been able to find a pair of size 9's in anything under 330-350.
eyes.gif

this extra limited to 2 and a half stores in the alleyway down the stairs @%$$%+$# has got to stop now.

Originally Posted by Wayne141

I think some people are slowly coming to their senses about these. Starting to see the resale prices on the Weathermans dip a bit to 225-275 now as opposed to the 300-400 they were earlier this week. A cosignment place around me even had a pair for $250. Hope these eventually settle down more so I can scoop them for a more reasonable price down the road. Not banking on it, but got my fingers crossed.

haven't been able to find a pair of size 9's in anything under 330-350.
eyes.gif

this extra limited to 2 and a half stores in the alleyway down the stairs @%$$%+$# has got to stop now.

Great concept/ nice looking shoe+ summer/ season on the court play+ scoring title+ his character+ Nike limited tag+ the most important, WALE WORE EM= ppl beasting

Originally Posted by yeek8

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

Beauty of KD line prior to the 4 was how slept on most everything was, and how in spite of how hot many of the CWs were, no one gave them much thought.  They weren't hyped to the "masses" and most of appreciated them for what they were.  Solid, functional, and a great bargain with enough little details and originality that it wasn't like rocking an ordinary team shoe or unimaginative JB release.  I realize it was only a matter of time before the "masses" caught on to the brilliance of it, but there was absolutely no "middle ground".  I mean the kd3 scoring titles were relatively sought after and fairly limited but nothing like this month's releases.  Let's put it this way, zoom rookies in their limited CWs and #s were easier to obtain than Weathermans and Nerfs.  Something is wrong with that, and again NIKE, KD, Leo Chang, and whoever else is listening and probably not caring
laugh.gif
.   Restocks, and re-drops with or without special boxes and nerfhoops would be an excellent idea!
Yep, it went from obtainable to unobtainable in just one step. Before this you could get any of shoes with relative ease and minimal price bump if you just put in a little effort right when they would release which is what most KD fans would have done anyway.

It's actually good that new fans are coming on board and noticing the KD's, but it's unfortunate that Nike had to use special releases to do it.  I guess that's the only way and the ones following since the beginning are the ones paying the price.  Nike had to eventually use a model to springboard the KD line and I guess they picked the IV's to do it. 

Not many people at all cared about the KD3, KD2, and KD1.  I remember the KD1 sitting in the clearance bin at footlocker for 35 dollars and people didn't give them a 2nd look even then.  The KD2s and KD3s are both amazing shoes and I still like the KD3 more than the KD4.

Originally Posted by yeek8

Beauty of KD line prior to the 4 was how slept on most everything was, and how in spite of how hot many of the CWs were, no one gave them much thought.  They weren't hyped to the "masses" and most of appreciated them for what they were.  Solid, functional, and a great bargain with enough little details and originality that it wasn't like rocking an ordinary team shoe or unimaginative JB release.  I realize it was only a matter of time before the "masses" caught on to the brilliance of it, but there was absolutely no "middle ground".  I mean the kd3 scoring titles were relatively sought after and fairly limited but nothing like this month's releases.  Let's put it this way, zoom rookies in their limited CWs and #s were easier to obtain than Weathermans and Nerfs.  Something is wrong with that, and again NIKE, KD, Leo Chang, and whoever else is listening and probably not caring
laugh.gif
.   Restocks, and re-drops with or without special boxes and nerfhoops would be an excellent idea!
Yep, it went from obtainable to unobtainable in just one step. Before this you could get any of shoes with relative ease and minimal price bump if you just put in a little effort right when they would release which is what most KD fans would have done anyway.

It's actually good that new fans are coming on board and noticing the KD's, but it's unfortunate that Nike had to use special releases to do it.  I guess that's the only way and the ones following since the beginning are the ones paying the price.  Nike had to eventually use a model to springboard the KD line and I guess they picked the IV's to do it. 

Not many people at all cared about the KD3, KD2, and KD1.  I remember the KD1 sitting in the clearance bin at footlocker for 35 dollars and people didn't give them a 2nd look even then.  The KD2s and KD3s are both amazing shoes and I still like the KD3 more than the KD4.

Great concept/ nice looking shoe+ summer/ season on the court play+ scoring title+ his character+ Nike limited tag+ the most important, WALE WORE EM= ppl beasting

The way NT Chicago randomly announced wristbands the day of is crazy.

Good job Nike marketing.

Good job Nike marketing.

Originally Posted by G o D Jewels

Good job Nike marketing.
no rhyme or reason to any of this.... pretty typical.... BTW, I highly doubt 500 wristbands were handed out.  Try 30-50 max.  If I am wrong, someone please correct me, but to think that NT Chi got more than 3 boxes x 12 of Nerfs would seem rather unlikely based on what we are hearing from around the country.  Perhaps the 500 bands were given out for the mulitple combined releases this weekend?

Good job Nike marketing.
no rhyme or reason to any of this.... pretty typical.... BTW, I highly doubt 500 wristbands were handed out.  Try 30-50 max.  If I am wrong, someone please correct me, but to think that NT Chi got more than 3 boxes x 12 of Nerfs would seem rather unlikely based on what we are hearing from around the country.  Perhaps the 500 bands were given out for the mulitple combined releases this weekend?

I guess I'm pretty much speaking for myself here but this is the first model of KD's that weren't ugly imo. The past three years have been atrocious, they didn't even look like sigs. This year they actually look like something. And I felt this way before we even knew the Weathermans or Nerfs would be limited. I am disgusted by Nike, they finally put out a great shoe under KD's line that can compete with Kobe and LeBron and then they turn every release into a fiasco. Its horrible. I remember seeing the Scoring Titles and thinking, "Those are pretty dope but I won't lose sleep at night if I can't cop" but it still wasn't as crazy as these releases.

The thing that gets me the most is, do people in OKC even have a chance to cop? And if Nike is aware of resellers and how much money they make off these types of releases, why don't they just talk the limited crap and then drop a bunch of pairs. Then everyone who wants a pair can get em and all that money they're losing to resellers they can keep? Idk man, it just sucks that Nike takes a $95 shoe that could have moved serious numbers and then turns around and releases them ONLY at HoH. And in extremely limited numbers at that.
30t6p3b.gif

/rant sorry.

I guess I'm pretty much speaking for myself here but this is the first model of KD's that weren't ugly imo. The past three years have been atrocious, they didn't even look like sigs. This year they actually look like something. And I felt this way before we even knew the Weathermans or Nerfs would be limited. I am disgusted by Nike, they finally put out a great shoe under KD's line that can compete with Kobe and LeBron and then they turn every release into a fiasco. Its horrible. I remember seeing the Scoring Titles and thinking, "Those are pretty dope but I won't lose sleep at night if I can't cop" but it still wasn't as crazy as these releases.

The thing that gets me the most is, do people in OKC even have a chance to cop? And if Nike is aware of resellers and how much money they make off these types of releases, why don't they just talk the limited crap and then drop a bunch of pairs. Then everyone who wants a pair can get em and all that money they're losing to resellers they can keep? Idk man, it just sucks that Nike takes a $95 shoe that could have moved serious numbers and then turns around and releases them ONLY at HoH. And in extremely limited numbers at that.
30t6p3b.gif

/rant sorry.

Good job Nike marketing.
no rhyme or reason to any of this.... pretty typical....
I checked the Facebook page yesterday, then just checked it a few minutes ago and saw the announcement that they were giving out wristbands and they were gone. It would have been nice if they announced that yesterday.

I guess you were supposed to be refreshing the NT FB page all morning, then hop in your car and speed downtown in hopes of getting a band.

There is a certain level of thirst you need to have for these releases that I can't bring myself to.

The people who always say "If you really want them, you'll get them" are right. I'm good though, more money in my pocket.

Good job Nike marketing.
I checked the Facebook page yesterday, then just checked it a few minutes ago and saw the announcement that they were giving out wristbands and they were gone. It would have been nice if they announced that yesterday.

I guess you were supposed to be refreshing the NT FB page all morning, then hop in your car and speed downtown in hopes of getting a band.

There is a certain level of thirst you need to have for these releases that I can't bring myself to.

The people who always say "If you really want them, you'll get them" are right. I'm good though, more money in my pocket.

NT Chi has told me every time I've called to, "check the FB page". Can't be mad at them for that.

& I seriously doubt they gave out bnds for the XIV's & Chinas. I'm sure there are plenty to go around.

BTW ALL the cw are wack to me, (weather mans, homes, aways, bronze) these nerfs are the only ones I like.

NT Chi has told me every time I've called to, "check the FB page". Can't be mad at them for that.

& I seriously doubt they gave out bnds for the XIV's & Chinas. I'm sure there are plenty to go around.

BTW ALL the cw are wack to me, (weather mans, homes, aways, bronze) these nerfs are the only ones I like.

Good job Nike marketing.

Shame shame on NT CHI, for just saying out of the blue "we giving wristbands" I seen when they posted it up on there FB and I came on here and posted the info, I don't want the shoe but it's F***ed up how they didn't give out hints before they posted.

Good job Nike marketing.

Shame shame on NT CHI, for just saying out of the blue "we giving wristbands" I seen when they posted it up on there FB and I came on here and posted the info, I don't want the shoe but it's F***ed up how they didn't give out hints before they posted.

Back
Top Bottom