OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KD IV THREAD: Galaxy Returning

damn i just got some bad news, my connect cant lock down my nerfs at hoh because corporate is having the dm show up to monitor the release and make sure all pairs are sold to the public. camera crews are scheduled to show up to cover the whole thing. this is the first shoe that my connect has not been able to secure for me, im thinking about camping for a really long time in hopes to secure my pair.

damn i just got some bad news, my connect cant lock down my nerfs at hoh because corporate is having the dm show up to monitor the release and make sure all pairs are sold to the public. camera crews are scheduled to show up to cover the whole thing. this is the first shoe that my connect has not been able to secure for me, im thinking about camping for a really long time in hopes to secure my pair.

Originally Posted by riddla713

Wish more DM's would attend marquee releases like this one.

Originally Posted by riddla713

Wish more DM's would attend marquee releases like this one.

Originally Posted by yeek8

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

Beauty of KD line prior to the 4 was how slept on most everything was, and how in spite of how hot many of the CWs were, no one gave them much thought.  They weren't hyped to the "masses" and most of appreciated them for what they were.  Solid, functional, and a great bargain with enough little details and originality that it wasn't like rocking an ordinary team shoe or unimaginative JB release.  I realize it was only a matter of time before the "masses" caught on to the brilliance of it, but there was absolutely no "middle ground".  I mean the kd3 scoring titles were relatively sought after and fairly limited but nothing like this month's releases.  Let's put it this way, zoom rookies in their limited CWs and #s were easier to obtain than Weathermans and Nerfs.  Something is wrong with that, and again NIKE, KD, Leo Chang, and whoever else is listening and probably not caring
laugh.gif
.   Restocks, and re-drops with or without special boxes and nerfhoops would be an excellent idea!

Yep, it went from obtainable to unobtainable in just one step. Before this you could get any of shoes with relative ease and minimal price bump if you just put in a little effort right when they would release which is what most KD fans would have done anyway.

It's actually good that new fans are coming on board and noticing the KD's, but it's unfortunate that Nike had to use special releases to do it.  I guess that's the only way and the ones following since the beginning are the ones paying the price.  Nike had to eventually use a model to springboard the KD line and I guess they picked the IV's to do it.

C'mon now. The 2's weren't that accessible. For the releases that did come out, sure. But the line almost had the LeBron treatment. A bunch of ZKD2's would show up in pictures for colourways that never saw the light of day. (Word to the Velvet Hoop's.) I remember the Zoom Kobe V's releasing in nice colourways left and right. Ace, Dark Knight, Chaos, RICE, USC, Bruce Lee, Big Stage, etc. (With the exception of stuff like the Aston Martin's, MLK's, and Da Vinci's.)

The Creamsicle 2's might of been an easy get for some of you down in the states, but I tried getting them off eBay and the best prices I could find were the $200 range for smaller sizes. I saw my size listed for $250 with $40-$50 to ship to Canada. There was a NT'er who used to do HOH runs who I bought from (helped me get stuff like the Kobe IV 4 Rings), but he stopped doing them.

I don't like these special releases at all though. I'm with you guys on that, but I can't even get the GR's locally. So this kind of stuff is normal to me. Regardless of the special release shenanigans. The philosophy of a more affordable signature sneaker is still there. Young kids who can't get $175 Bron's can get KD's for $90-$95. There's still a bunch of GR colourways to match school uniforms and the Blackouts go with almost everything. I don't think the special releases are going to hurt the line. At least not with the general consumer. Whether a kid needs gym shoes, shoes for his basketball team, or just new school shoes. He can walk in Foot Locker with his parents and see the Durant's and they're a lot easier on the wallet than the alternative. Maybe this special release nonsense will have a negative effect on collectors, but at the same time I remember posting in the KD2 and KD3 threads and seeing them drift off the first page and not resurface for awhile. While this thread is normally floating in the top 4-5 topics of the first page.

Originally Posted by yeek8

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

Beauty of KD line prior to the 4 was how slept on most everything was, and how in spite of how hot many of the CWs were, no one gave them much thought.  They weren't hyped to the "masses" and most of appreciated them for what they were.  Solid, functional, and a great bargain with enough little details and originality that it wasn't like rocking an ordinary team shoe or unimaginative JB release.  I realize it was only a matter of time before the "masses" caught on to the brilliance of it, but there was absolutely no "middle ground".  I mean the kd3 scoring titles were relatively sought after and fairly limited but nothing like this month's releases.  Let's put it this way, zoom rookies in their limited CWs and #s were easier to obtain than Weathermans and Nerfs.  Something is wrong with that, and again NIKE, KD, Leo Chang, and whoever else is listening and probably not caring
laugh.gif
.   Restocks, and re-drops with or without special boxes and nerfhoops would be an excellent idea!

Yep, it went from obtainable to unobtainable in just one step. Before this you could get any of shoes with relative ease and minimal price bump if you just put in a little effort right when they would release which is what most KD fans would have done anyway.

It's actually good that new fans are coming on board and noticing the KD's, but it's unfortunate that Nike had to use special releases to do it.  I guess that's the only way and the ones following since the beginning are the ones paying the price.  Nike had to eventually use a model to springboard the KD line and I guess they picked the IV's to do it.

C'mon now. The 2's weren't that accessible. For the releases that did come out, sure. But the line almost had the LeBron treatment. A bunch of ZKD2's would show up in pictures for colourways that never saw the light of day. (Word to the Velvet Hoop's.) I remember the Zoom Kobe V's releasing in nice colourways left and right. Ace, Dark Knight, Chaos, RICE, USC, Bruce Lee, Big Stage, etc. (With the exception of stuff like the Aston Martin's, MLK's, and Da Vinci's.)

The Creamsicle 2's might of been an easy get for some of you down in the states, but I tried getting them off eBay and the best prices I could find were the $200 range for smaller sizes. I saw my size listed for $250 with $40-$50 to ship to Canada. There was a NT'er who used to do HOH runs who I bought from (helped me get stuff like the Kobe IV 4 Rings), but he stopped doing them.

I don't like these special releases at all though. I'm with you guys on that, but I can't even get the GR's locally. So this kind of stuff is normal to me. Regardless of the special release shenanigans. The philosophy of a more affordable signature sneaker is still there. Young kids who can't get $175 Bron's can get KD's for $90-$95. There's still a bunch of GR colourways to match school uniforms and the Blackouts go with almost everything. I don't think the special releases are going to hurt the line. At least not with the general consumer. Whether a kid needs gym shoes, shoes for his basketball team, or just new school shoes. He can walk in Foot Locker with his parents and see the Durant's and they're a lot easier on the wallet than the alternative. Maybe this special release nonsense will have a negative effect on collectors, but at the same time I remember posting in the KD2 and KD3 threads and seeing them drift off the first page and not resurface for awhile. While this thread is normally floating in the top 4-5 topics of the first page.

them creamsicles.. still mad at myself for passing on the KDII creams for 60 bucks smh

them creamsicles.. still mad at myself for passing on the KDII creams for 60 bucks smh

Originally Posted by Dat Dude Chris

All them colorways look nice except them mint green jawns
Cant wait til these drop on nike id cuz im trying to make a pair of black n purple ones

Everyone is entitled to their opinion,but those mints are amazing,can't wait for Easter!

Originally Posted by Dat Dude Chris

All them colorways look nice except them mint green jawns
Cant wait til these drop on nike id cuz im trying to make a pair of black n purple ones

Everyone is entitled to their opinion,but those mints are amazing,can't wait for Easter!

change of plans, it looks like my homie might be able to pull me out a pair of nerfs. im not saying anything is for sure yet but i will know for sure on saturday, man i hope it comes through.

change of plans, it looks like my homie might be able to pull me out a pair of nerfs. im not saying anything is for sure yet but i will know for sure on saturday, man i hope it comes through.

^that was really cool of you baby j to hook up your homie, the weathermans are really dope. after checking out the pics of the yotd kd 4's im feeling those the most, then its a close tie between weathermans and nerfs.

^that was really cool of you baby j to hook up your homie, the weathermans are really dope. after checking out the pics of the yotd kd 4's im feeling those the most, then its a close tie between weathermans and nerfs.

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

where yall getting these pics from a vid?
This. Is this a special interview with Leo? The facebook event they did yesterday? Been looking for a recording of that.

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

where yall getting these pics from a vid?
This. Is this a special interview with Leo? The facebook event they did yesterday? Been looking for a recording of that.

Back
Top Bottom