OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KD IV THREAD: Galaxy Returning

I think this release will run smooth. Most people will get their pairs if they are online at the right time. Cant wait for release day!

I think this release will run smooth. Most people will get their pairs if they are online at the right time. Cant wait for release day!

Don't know if it's been posted, but I was looking at NDC's Feb launch list and saw that they're not going to allow phone orders for any of the ASG shoes, same goes for the Jordan Brand ASG shoes. Looks like this new change is cuz of how the white/cement IVs release went down.

[table][tr][td]02/24/12[/td][td]Zoom KD IV ASG                  (no phone orders)[/td][td]Metallic Silver/Total Orange-Dark Grey[/td][td]$95[/td][td]520814-001[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]02/24/12[/td][td]LeBron 9 ASG                                      (no phone orders)[/td][td]Total Orange/Metallic Silver-Team Orange-Mango[/td][td]$170[/td][td]520811-800[/td][/tr][tr][td]02/24/12[/td][td]Zoom Kobe VII System ASG                               (no phone orders)[/td][td]Black/Metallic Silver-Total Orange-Volt[/td][td]$140[/td][td]520810-001[/td][/tr][/table]

Don't know if it's been posted, but I was looking at NDC's Feb launch list and saw that they're not going to allow phone orders for any of the ASG shoes, same goes for the Jordan Brand ASG shoes. Looks like this new change is cuz of how the white/cement IVs release went down.

[table][tr][td]02/24/12[/td][td]Zoom KD IV ASG                  (no phone orders)[/td][td]Metallic Silver/Total Orange-Dark Grey[/td][td]$95[/td][td]520814-001[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]02/24/12[/td][td]LeBron 9 ASG                                      (no phone orders)[/td][td]Total Orange/Metallic Silver-Team Orange-Mango[/td][td]$170[/td][td]520811-800[/td][/tr][tr][td]02/24/12[/td][td]Zoom Kobe VII System ASG                               (no phone orders)[/td][td]Black/Metallic Silver-Total Orange-Volt[/td][td]$140[/td][td]520810-001[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by cliffysam

I would love to believe that but as we've seen with the recent releases on ndc, nothing is guaranteed. Dang near everything sells out in under 4mins now if not less or the site crashes. 
The best thing to do is to try to cop online and if you miss out then head over to a store that is releasing them in the am, if you're able too. I have no faith in ndc 
tired.gif

Hopefully the people that are lining up for the Foams already don't get the KD's lol

Originally Posted by cliffysam

I would love to believe that but as we've seen with the recent releases on ndc, nothing is guaranteed. Dang near everything sells out in under 4mins now if not less or the site crashes. 
The best thing to do is to try to cop online and if you miss out then head over to a store that is releasing them in the am, if you're able too. I have no faith in ndc 
tired.gif

Hopefully the people that are lining up for the Foams already don't get the KD's lol

Now you got people asking people where they were at last year for the kd3 allstar? they were probably copping the other 2 allstar shoes, that's where haha.

Now you got people asking people where they were at last year for the kd3 allstar? they were probably copping the other 2 allstar shoes, that's where haha.

It's gonna be like previous All-Star releases. Enough for everyone who prepared for it. It's gonna be a fun day.

It's gonna be like previous All-Star releases. Enough for everyone who prepared for it. It's gonna be a fun day.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Originally Posted by sho3tym

Originally Posted by trappedintime

Oh come on, how about a little real talk? #1)Most of us aren't Kobe heads or KD heads or Lebron heads, we love sneakers that hit us and that we want on our feet. I haven't said the others were garbage but I like this year's model and many of the CWs. This is a sneaker forum. #2)People usually buy what they like. That's why I can't understand how people are claiming #3)it is hype that is causing people on this very forum to buy. It's insulting. I don't buy cause some shoe is getting mad press or attention on tumblr or twitter or cause eBay prices are high. Most on here don't, they like what they like. It isn't too hard to understand many of us just like this year's KDs! #4)No reason for people to get butthurt cause Durant's shows are blowing up. Also, the ASG line is awesome and one of the most creative things Nike Basketball has done in some time. Of course people are all about it! The word hype is just so overdone. Put it to rest people!
Alright, I've tried to remain in the background regarding these.  I've been into Durants for awhile, there are many that can vouch for me but that's irrelevant at the moment.  I highlighted parts of your comments...my thoughts

#1)  I get what you're saying, but usually guys fall more one way than other.  I think if you look at the 3 lines, they're all distinctly different as they are 3 different players.  That alone with seperate the crowd.  Granted you can be in all 3...for me KD, LBJ...with some kobes sprinkled in.

#2) Key word here is "usually", I think that is even a stretch.  Ask anyone who has recently tried to purchase a "limited" release on NDC if hype played a role.  If all these guys like KD4's are they buying GR's? They're not flying off the shelves.

#3) People are not "butthurt" (interesting word choice), they're stating that there simply is a change occurring with the KD line.  I would argue that this change is taking place in general....see galaxy foams, hype with "Sneakers" is at an all time high at the moment....

Anytime you have a smaller group that's into a line (See the KD2 thread), of course you're going to have some friction when new guys come around...it is what it is.

I'm good with whatever, as long as I can get my hands on the pairs I want....
roll.gif

As a newcomer to the line, I do feel like hyped colorways has peaked my curiosity to look at the line. Also the IVs are the 1st Durant signature to look like a signature shoe to me. The KD1,KD2 and KD3 either lacked colorways,felt cheap to me.
I'm new to KDs, too. Sorry it if took until the fourth model for me to buy KD shoes. I don't like the first three.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Originally Posted by sho3tym

Originally Posted by trappedintime

Oh come on, how about a little real talk? #1)Most of us aren't Kobe heads or KD heads or Lebron heads, we love sneakers that hit us and that we want on our feet. I haven't said the others were garbage but I like this year's model and many of the CWs. This is a sneaker forum. #2)People usually buy what they like. That's why I can't understand how people are claiming #3)it is hype that is causing people on this very forum to buy. It's insulting. I don't buy cause some shoe is getting mad press or attention on tumblr or twitter or cause eBay prices are high. Most on here don't, they like what they like. It isn't too hard to understand many of us just like this year's KDs! #4)No reason for people to get butthurt cause Durant's shows are blowing up. Also, the ASG line is awesome and one of the most creative things Nike Basketball has done in some time. Of course people are all about it! The word hype is just so overdone. Put it to rest people!
Alright, I've tried to remain in the background regarding these.  I've been into Durants for awhile, there are many that can vouch for me but that's irrelevant at the moment.  I highlighted parts of your comments...my thoughts

#1)  I get what you're saying, but usually guys fall more one way than other.  I think if you look at the 3 lines, they're all distinctly different as they are 3 different players.  That alone with seperate the crowd.  Granted you can be in all 3...for me KD, LBJ...with some kobes sprinkled in.

#2) Key word here is "usually", I think that is even a stretch.  Ask anyone who has recently tried to purchase a "limited" release on NDC if hype played a role.  If all these guys like KD4's are they buying GR's? They're not flying off the shelves.

#3) People are not "butthurt" (interesting word choice), they're stating that there simply is a change occurring with the KD line.  I would argue that this change is taking place in general....see galaxy foams, hype with "Sneakers" is at an all time high at the moment....

Anytime you have a smaller group that's into a line (See the KD2 thread), of course you're going to have some friction when new guys come around...it is what it is.

I'm good with whatever, as long as I can get my hands on the pairs I want....
roll.gif

As a newcomer to the line, I do feel like hyped colorways has peaked my curiosity to look at the line. Also the IVs are the 1st Durant signature to look like a signature shoe to me. The KD1,KD2 and KD3 either lacked colorways,felt cheap to me.
I'm new to KDs, too. Sorry it if took until the fourth model for me to buy KD shoes. I don't like the first three.

hopefully the foams overshadow these & i can pick up 2...if not i have a pair of cement iv's to trade for a set

hopefully the foams overshadow these & i can pick up 2...if not i have a pair of cement iv's to trade for a set

Originally Posted by ColdCity

I believe I will be using some of the stuff in my closet to complete the trifecta possibly.  Guess I will have to see.

Originally Posted by ColdCity

I believe I will be using some of the stuff in my closet to complete the trifecta possibly.  Guess I will have to see.

Back
Top Bottom