OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KD IV THREAD: Galaxy Returning

Originally Posted by trappedintime

Originally Posted by cloudypokerchips

Originally Posted by JordanFan04

Figured that pic would cause some fuss. I wear them how I see fit at the time. My money, my shoes, my preference. And for the record, I don't follow Wale. I don't walk around with my VIII's strapped. Sue me. Hardly any of my shoes are worn laced unless I'm playing. Can I live?

I agree with this guy, it's his money, his shoes so do what every you want. 

Wear your shoes however you want, but when you come to a shoe community and you are wearing them in a way others deem unflattering, don't be shocked when they comment on it. This isn't a shoe that looks right with the strap undone, laces loose, etc. While it's a beautiful silhouette, it's a court shoe. Going super casual doesn't work like it might with some Jordans or other Nike retros that have a more traditional design lending toward the casual look. When I got my first pair I played around wih the laces and strap, and found myself thinking it looked stupid. NT is also a place where style and fits are displayed and discussed ad nauseum, not just discussion of where, when, and how to cop. Ruining the look of a good sneaker is frowned upon by many purists, like it or not.

Doesn't look good worn loose according to who? It's all subjective fam. IMO, I don't really like the look of the shoe in its 'on court' form, and considering the fact that the majority of my shoes are worn casually, I'll wear them as such. Aesthetically, this shoe is decent at best, but a definite step up from its generic looking predecessors. A lot of the colorways did this shoe great justice. The shoe instantly screams basketball, but seeing them in good colorways and wearing them in a way that's more suitable to my lifestyle attracted me to these.

Figured that pic would cause some fuss. I wear them how I see fit at the time. My money, my shoes, my preference. And for the record, I don't follow Wale. I don't walk around with my VIII's strapped. Sue me. Hardly any of my shoes are worn laced unless I'm playing. Can I live?

Wear your shoes however you want, but when you come to a shoe community and you are wearing them in a way others deem unflattering, don't be shocked when they comment on it. This isn't a shoe that looks right with the strap undone, laces loose, etc. While it's a beautiful silhouette, it's a court shoe. Going super casual doesn't work like it might with some Jordans or other Nike retros that have a more traditional design lending toward the casual look. When I got my first pair I played around wih the laces and strap, and found myself thinking it looked stupid. NT is also a place where style and fits are displayed and discussed ad nauseum, not just discussion of where, when, and how to cop. Ruining the look of a good sneaker is frowned upon by many purists, like it or not.

Doesn't look good worn loose according to who? It's all subjective fam. IMO, I don't really like the look of the shoe in its 'on court' form, and considering the fact that the majority of my shoes are worn casually, I'll wear them as such. Aesthetically, this shoe is decent at best, but a definite step up from its generic looking predecessors. A lot of the colorways did this shoe great justice. The shoe instantly screams basketball, but seeing them in good colorways and wearing them in a way that's more suitable to my lifestyle attracted me to these.

exactly

exactly

Are we really arguing about this. Everyone is entitled to the way they want to rock their pair. Let's just keep the good information rolling. Has anyone overseas seen the olive pair yet?

Are we really arguing about this. Everyone is entitled to the way they want to rock their pair. Let's just keep the good information rolling. Has anyone overseas seen the olive pair yet?

Like I said, where 'em how you want, but the consensus is they don't look good all loose and unstrapped. It looks sloppy, and while it's subjective whether that looks good or not, it's pretty easy to objectively say the loose look is indeed SLOPPY. I don't care how you wear 'em, but if you post photos up on here you're looking for positive re-enforcement by sharing them. When it doesn't come your way because you're in the minority, don't get butt hurt!

Like I said, where 'em how you want, but the consensus is they don't look good all loose and unstrapped. It looks sloppy, and while it's subjective whether that looks good or not, it's pretty easy to objectively say the loose look is indeed SLOPPY. I don't care how you wear 'em, but if you post photos up on here you're looking for positive re-enforcement by sharing them. When it doesn't come your way because you're in the minority, don't get butt hurt!

I don't think anyone was looking for positive reinforcement? If I post a pic of a shoe I don't expect everyone to say OH MAN YOUR SHOES LOOK GREAT! This is a forum for everyone to post there "own" looks and opinions. This was one of the few threads were most everyone looked to help each other out and give info on the KD IV and not throw hate at everyone who posted. I think if you don't like someone's style just keep your mouth shut and move on... Why tell someone they look sloppy or be negative. No need to state that the "consensus" is against anyone's style. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. You don't speak for everyone when you say something looks bad. However, those South Beach KD Easter laces were horrible! LOL

I don't think anyone was looking for positive reinforcement? If I post a pic of a shoe I don't expect everyone to say OH MAN YOUR SHOES LOOK GREAT! This is a forum for everyone to post there "own" looks and opinions. This was one of the few threads were most everyone looked to help each other out and give info on the KD IV and not throw hate at everyone who posted. I think if you don't like someone's style just keep your mouth shut and move on... Why tell someone they look sloppy or be negative. No need to state that the "consensus" is against anyone's style. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. You don't speak for everyone when you say something looks bad. However, those South Beach KD Easter laces were horrible! LOL

laugh.gif
@ calling these the Creamsicles.

Back
Top Bottom