OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KD IV THREAD: Galaxy Returning

Originally Posted by PLAYOFF12

Man, I hope people don't start lining up tomorrow in Houston.
frown.gif
Lol ppl will be out in the AM ... No doubt.

Beauty of KD line prior to the 4 was how slept on most everything was, and how in spite of how hot many of the CWs were, no one gave them much thought.  They weren't hyped to the "masses" and most of appreciated them for what they were.  Solid, functional, and a great bargain with enough little details and originality that it wasn't like rocking an ordinary team shoe or unimaginative JB release.  I realize it was only a matter of time before the "masses" caught on to the brilliance of it, but there was absolutely no "middle ground".  I mean the kd3 scoring titles were relatively sought after and fairly limited but nothing like this month's releases.  Let's put it this way, zoom rookies in their limited CWs and #s were easier to obtain than Weathermans and Nerfs.  Something is wrong with that, and again NIKE, KD, Leo Chang, and whoever else is listening and probably not caring
laugh.gif
.   Restocks, and re-drops with or without special boxes and nerfhoops would be an excellent idea!

Beauty of KD line prior to the 4 was how slept on most everything was, and how in spite of how hot many of the CWs were, no one gave them much thought.  They weren't hyped to the "masses" and most of appreciated them for what they were.  Solid, functional, and a great bargain with enough little details and originality that it wasn't like rocking an ordinary team shoe or unimaginative JB release.  I realize it was only a matter of time before the "masses" caught on to the brilliance of it, but there was absolutely no "middle ground".  I mean the kd3 scoring titles were relatively sought after and fairly limited but nothing like this month's releases.  Let's put it this way, zoom rookies in their limited CWs and #s were easier to obtain than Weathermans and Nerfs.  Something is wrong with that, and again NIKE, KD, Leo Chang, and whoever else is listening and probably not caring
laugh.gif
.   Restocks, and re-drops with or without special boxes and nerfhoops would be an excellent idea!

The official list of stores for the nerfs came out n its basically the same as the first list that came out so I have no chance n I aint paying no resale prices over 200. Id rather get sum nice aqua 8s wit that kind of money. Once these resellers start lowering their prices then theyll start selling better, when will they realize smh

The official list of stores for the nerfs came out n its basically the same as the first list that came out so I have no chance n I aint paying no resale prices over 200. Id rather get sum nice aqua 8s wit that kind of money. Once these resellers start lowering their prices then theyll start selling better, when will they realize smh

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

laugh.gif
Yep, it went from obtainable to unobtainable in just one step. Before this you could get any of shoes with relative ease and minimal price bump if you just put in a little effort right when they would release which is what most KD fans would have done anyway.

It's actually good that new fans are coming on board and noticing the KD's, but it's unfortunate that Nike had to use special releases to do it.  I guess that's the only way and the ones following since the beginning are the ones paying the price.  Nike had to eventually use a model to springboard the KD line and I guess they picked the IV's to do it. 

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

laugh.gif
Yep, it went from obtainable to unobtainable in just one step. Before this you could get any of shoes with relative ease and minimal price bump if you just put in a little effort right when they would release which is what most KD fans would have done anyway.

It's actually good that new fans are coming on board and noticing the KD's, but it's unfortunate that Nike had to use special releases to do it.  I guess that's the only way and the ones following since the beginning are the ones paying the price.  Nike had to eventually use a model to springboard the KD line and I guess they picked the IV's to do it. 

Popularity wise I think all of the summer lockout games gave KD a huge boost. If there was a "lockout games" MVP, he'd definitely be it with all of the things that he did from games at the Drew League to scoring 66 at Ruckers, etc. He's always been "that dude" to people who really follow basketball, but because he's in OKC and doesn't have a flashy/loud demeanor, he's sort of flown under the radar in terms of fans/sneakerheads. If any one player "benefitted" the most from the lockout, it's KD IMO.

Popularity wise I think all of the summer lockout games gave KD a huge boost. If there was a "lockout games" MVP, he'd definitely be it with all of the things that he did from games at the Drew League to scoring 66 at Ruckers, etc. He's always been "that dude" to people who really follow basketball, but because he's in OKC and doesn't have a flashy/loud demeanor, he's sort of flown under the radar in terms of fans/sneakerheads. If any one player "benefitted" the most from the lockout, it's KD IMO.

NYers...Is it true that HoH 34th street is basically a wrap cuz people are already camping there? Anybody know whats good with HoH uptown? Lined up already?

NYers...Is it true that HoH 34th street is basically a wrap cuz people are already camping there? Anybody know whats good with HoH uptown? Lined up already?

Back
Top Bottom