OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KD IV THREAD: Galaxy Returning

Originally Posted by trappedintime

Originally Posted by SoSickening

Originally Posted by vike105

Why do people care what others like and don't like.  Dudes writing essays about how the other shoes blah blah.  I like the IV's, I was not a fan of the previous 3.  Sue me.

It's an availability issue. Put yourself in the shoes (no pun intended) of the 1-3 fans who love the 4's, but have trouble copping because of hype. If every release was a GR then these paragraphs wouldn't exist -- there would be enough to go around for everybody. However, if they were all GR, not as many newcomers would've showed up. See the paradox?

Get out of here with the word hype. Hype conveys the sales are manufactured or because of the status of buying these over the past ones. It's not about hype, it's about a legitimately more attractive design as determined by most of the sneaker community. Deal with it, but stop blaming the lack of availability on hype. I know numerous people who are copping IVs in GR and LE CWs bc they want to wear them. Maybe there are more resellers poaching these, but there are more resellers poaching everything over the past year. Thats not the vast majority on here though, so it gets old having these jaded KD1-3 fans tell everyone else this is all for hype and to resell. It just sounds stupid and yes BUTTHURT (see also: entitled whiners). You think the shoes are hot and so do the rest of us. What an effin shocker, sneakerheads sharing a love of great looking sneakers!
confused.jpg

Seriously have no idea what the first underlined statement means.  It might as well be in a foreign language that I am not familiar with as far as I am concerned. 

#2.  Plain and simple.  I do blame hype for lack of availability.  That, and the fact that some of the 1st few CWs of the KD4 were severely more limited than their similar counterparts from the 1,2, and KD3 lines- rookies, asg, creams, scoring titles, etc... How else do you explain it when above average or highly desired "limited" colorways of the 2 and 3 were readily available weeks after they dropped.  So the 4 is so vastly better than the 2 and 3 that it sold out in certain CWs in minutes online and instores, whereas Creams and All Stars sat for weeks if not months in certain places??  The argument that the 4 is superior in design, fit, comfort and style to every other previous numbered model is weak, but if you chose to stick with that, fine.  You are definitely entitled to your opinion.

#3.  I don't know who is entitled or acts entitled.  I think there is a genuine frustration that unlike with 1,2,and 3, 4s are near impossible to cop in certain colorways.  It is really a drastic turnaround even based on last year's releases.  It certainly was nice with previous KD releases to know that you liked something and didn't have to jump through hopes to cop it for a decent price.  I don't think many/if any of us who have been through these KD threads feel it a "god given" right to have first crack at every KD (limited or otherwise), but it would certainly be nice to think you at least had a shot.  With Nerfs and WMs, you really didn't have a realistic shot unless you camped, had a major connect, or shelled out serious dough.  If you don't think that newfound public " PROFESSED LOVE" or "HYPE" for this model and the CWs associated with it early on played a part in that, then I think you are naive.  At the same time, I am not losing sleep over it, whining, or calling you or anyone else out over the fact that I didn't get a pair of either- it is what it is- you move on and get the next thing on your list.

In then end, I don't care if anyone or everyone else likes what I happen to like- thats fine, normal, and expected as you note in your last sentence- which ironically makes the most sense to me out of your whole post.  Just like anything else, The KD line has its "loyalists" and those that have been around for awhile now.  Who cares?  I don't think any of us think that makes us entitled to anything.  What is most troubling about your comments is that you seem bent on dismissing the 1,2,and 3, whilst getting crazy over the 4s and arguing that NIKE and Leo Chang finally got it "right" with this 4.  We get it- you don't like the 1,2,3- fine.  You love the 4- great. I disagree with you, and you disagree with me.  Acknowledged.  Just do me a favor and keep your "butthurt" and entitled stuff to yourself. Its childish and just makes you look silly.  In the end, we can all agree that the 4 is great and that hopefully there are enough ASGs to go around for all that truly want them.

Originally Posted by trappedintime

Originally Posted by SoSickening

Originally Posted by vike105

Why do people care what others like and don't like.  Dudes writing essays about how the other shoes blah blah.  I like the IV's, I was not a fan of the previous 3.  Sue me.

It's an availability issue. Put yourself in the shoes (no pun intended) of the 1-3 fans who love the 4's, but have trouble copping because of hype. If every release was a GR then these paragraphs wouldn't exist -- there would be enough to go around for everybody. However, if they were all GR, not as many newcomers would've showed up. See the paradox?

Get out of here with the word hype. Hype conveys the sales are manufactured or because of the status of buying these over the past ones. It's not about hype, it's about a legitimately more attractive design as determined by most of the sneaker community. Deal with it, but stop blaming the lack of availability on hype. I know numerous people who are copping IVs in GR and LE CWs bc they want to wear them. Maybe there are more resellers poaching these, but there are more resellers poaching everything over the past year. Thats not the vast majority on here though, so it gets old having these jaded KD1-3 fans tell everyone else this is all for hype and to resell. It just sounds stupid and yes BUTTHURT (see also: entitled whiners). You think the shoes are hot and so do the rest of us. What an effin shocker, sneakerheads sharing a love of great looking sneakers!
confused.jpg

Seriously have no idea what the first underlined statement means.  It might as well be in a foreign language that I am not familiar with as far as I am concerned. 

#2.  Plain and simple.  I do blame hype for lack of availability.  That, and the fact that some of the 1st few CWs of the KD4 were severely more limited than their similar counterparts from the 1,2, and KD3 lines- rookies, asg, creams, scoring titles, etc... How else do you explain it when above average or highly desired "limited" colorways of the 2 and 3 were readily available weeks after they dropped.  So the 4 is so vastly better than the 2 and 3 that it sold out in certain CWs in minutes online and instores, whereas Creams and All Stars sat for weeks if not months in certain places??  The argument that the 4 is superior in design, fit, comfort and style to every other previous numbered model is weak, but if you chose to stick with that, fine.  You are definitely entitled to your opinion.

#3.  I don't know who is entitled or acts entitled.  I think there is a genuine frustration that unlike with 1,2,and 3, 4s are near impossible to cop in certain colorways.  It is really a drastic turnaround even based on last year's releases.  It certainly was nice with previous KD releases to know that you liked something and didn't have to jump through hopes to cop it for a decent price.  I don't think many/if any of us who have been through these KD threads feel it a "god given" right to have first crack at every KD (limited or otherwise), but it would certainly be nice to think you at least had a shot.  With Nerfs and WMs, you really didn't have a realistic shot unless you camped, had a major connect, or shelled out serious dough.  If you don't think that newfound public " PROFESSED LOVE" or "HYPE" for this model and the CWs associated with it early on played a part in that, then I think you are naive.  At the same time, I am not losing sleep over it, whining, or calling you or anyone else out over the fact that I didn't get a pair of either- it is what it is- you move on and get the next thing on your list.

In then end, I don't care if anyone or everyone else likes what I happen to like- thats fine, normal, and expected as you note in your last sentence- which ironically makes the most sense to me out of your whole post.  Just like anything else, The KD line has its "loyalists" and those that have been around for awhile now.  Who cares?  I don't think any of us think that makes us entitled to anything.  What is most troubling about your comments is that you seem bent on dismissing the 1,2,and 3, whilst getting crazy over the 4s and arguing that NIKE and Leo Chang finally got it "right" with this 4.  We get it- you don't like the 1,2,3- fine.  You love the 4- great. I disagree with you, and you disagree with me.  Acknowledged.  Just do me a favor and keep your "butthurt" and entitled stuff to yourself. Its childish and just makes you look silly.  In the end, we can all agree that the 4 is great and that hopefully there are enough ASGs to go around for all that truly want them.

Quick ??? (I'm being lazy). How do these fit. A few people have said they run small. Any truth to that?

Thanks in advance

AS
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Quick ??? (I'm being lazy). How do these fit. A few people have said they run small. Any truth to that?

Thanks in advance

AS
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by NycPosite

Thanks in advance

AS
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Narrow through forefoot and some claim uncomfortable in spots due to the strap.  Probably err on the side of going +1/2 size unless you like tighter fitting(super snug) and or wear thin socks.  Some recent JB stuff and even foams or Nike BBall I can do 11, but in these I can easily do 11.5 and possibly even 12 if necessary for width.  Good luck

Thanks in advance

AS
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Narrow through forefoot and some claim uncomfortable in spots due to the strap.  Probably err on the side of going +1/2 size unless you like tighter fitting(super snug) and or wear thin socks.  Some recent JB stuff and even foams or Nike BBall I can do 11, but in these I can easily do 11.5 and possibly even 12 if necessary for width.  Good luck

I don't think we should be fighting about how many more people like a shoe.  The KD IV is generally a more aesthetic shoe compared to the previous three and will generally bring a bigger audience. I think people should instead have an issue with Nike itself.  I think the main issue everyone has with Nike is that they make the popular colorways limited.  With these colorways being limited, you have a surge of resellers buying up stock to sell to people who really love the shoes.  If you're angry you can't get the shoe you want, blame Nike.  If you don't want to blame Nike, blame yourself for not wanting them bad enough to camp out or pay resellers.
Let's stop the arguing about who likes the shoe and lets just discuss the shoe itself.

I don't think we should be fighting about how many more people like a shoe.  The KD IV is generally a more aesthetic shoe compared to the previous three and will generally bring a bigger audience. I think people should instead have an issue with Nike itself.  I think the main issue everyone has with Nike is that they make the popular colorways limited.  With these colorways being limited, you have a surge of resellers buying up stock to sell to people who really love the shoes.  If you're angry you can't get the shoe you want, blame Nike.  If you don't want to blame Nike, blame yourself for not wanting them bad enough to camp out or pay resellers.
Let's stop the arguing about who likes the shoe and lets just discuss the shoe itself.

You guys werent KD 1,2,3 fans but now you guys love the 4's wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh boooooooooohoooooooooooooo wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh look at me complain to other people because ive been a fan since the KD 1's wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Like damn, Shut up already. Its a shoe.

You guys werent KD 1,2,3 fans but now you guys love the 4's wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh boooooooooohoooooooooooooo wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh look at me complain to other people because ive been a fan since the KD 1's wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Originally Posted by VTRAN

Thanks for the reality check man.  Really needed that.  2 ASGs and 2 Texas and most likely a short term wrap for me. I'll leave it to all you experts and realists out there.....

download.php

Thanks for the reality check man.  Really needed that.  2 ASGs and 2 Texas and most likely a short term wrap for me. I'll leave it to all you experts and realists out there.....

download.php

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

Thanks in advance

AS
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

yoo Bryscooplaygrifhold pm me back please! haha

Thanks in advance

AS
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

yoo Bryscooplaygrifhold pm me back please! haha

Damn were you really? So you're not a hypebeast like the rest of them who are attracted to shiney things with paint speckles only?
Why do we have discussion forums again?

Damn were you really? So you're not a hypebeast like the rest of them who are attracted to shiney things with paint speckles only?
Why do we have discussion forums again?

Real talk.

Funny thing is....I was not a fan of the KD1 & KD2. I owned pairs of them but didnt like the look or fit.  The KD3 hooked me.

Good looking out

Real talk.

Funny thing is....I was not a fan of the KD1 & KD2. I owned pairs of them but didnt like the look or fit.  The KD3 hooked me.

Good looking out

Back
Top Bottom