OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KD V THREAD: ELITE

Smh. That was a cute attempt for a few laughs but let me explain how stupid and simple you are.
I wanted to start a COLLECTION of a signature series from 1 til ..... I decided to do so with the KD line for a couple reasons -- the line was only 2 models deep, excluding the Blue Chips, older pairs weren't that hard to find at reasonable prices, and the current price point was under $100. Once the hype took over, it turned into the Kobe line and I wasn't feeling it anymore.
So, it wasn't about not liking them anymore. It was all about losing interest in collecting them. The collection aspect had a lot more personal value to me than the actual pairs did. Next time, how bout you come at me like an adult rather a clown on some elitist, know it all sh.t.

im confused. still sounds like you sold a bunch of shoes you liked because other people liked them. i can understand not wanting to pay rape prices once the hypebeasts jumped on em but why did you sell the rest of your collection?

Last edited by a moderator:
DMVs and the "Energies" on the 31st aren't too limited, select Canadian stores are getting them and we don't get many KDs... heck we're even getting the Xmas I hear.

Last edited:
LMAO so you sold your kicks...kicks you liked, because other people like them????
Who's the hypebeast???
Maybe you should change your avy to an I$$ avy forget NT, you more like SC because you sounding made steveish right now

Smh. That was a cute attempt for a few laughs but let me explain how stupid and simple you are.

I wanted to start a COLLECTION of a signature series from 1 til ..... I decided to do so with the KD line for a couple reasons -- the line was only 2 models deep, excluding the Blue Chips, older pairs weren't that hard to find at reasonable prices, and the current price point was under $100. Once the hype took over, it turned into the Kobe line and I wasn't feeling it anymore.

So, it wasn't about not liking them anymore. It was all about losing interest in collecting them. The collection aspect had a lot more personal value to me than the actual pairs did. Next time, how bout you come at me like an adult rather a clown on some elitist, know it all sh.t.

im confused. still sounds like you sold a bunch of shoes you liked because other people liked them. i can understand not wanting to pay rape prices once the hypebeasts jumped on em but why did you sell the rest of your collection?
The collection aspect held more weight than the me buying the shoes because I liked them aspect -- a lot more weight. Once the collection aspect was gone, they became just another pair of shoes I had in the closet. The KDs didn't have any special significance anymore. They got sold like any other pair I got tired of and wanted to let go. 

The collection aspect held more weight than the me buying the shoes because I liked them aspect -- a lot more weight. Once the collection aspect was gone, they became just another pair of shoes I had in the closet. The KDs didn't have any special significance anymore. They got sold like any other pair I got tired of and wanted to let go. 

so you had a bunch of stuff in your collection you didnt even like? i can understand the collection part ... i think we are all collectors here....but i like every pair in my collection. some granted more than others but i only buy what i like. no point imo in collecting something you dont even like.

so you had a bunch of stuff in your collection you didnt even like? i can understand the collection part ... i think we are all collectors here....but i like every pair in my collection. some granted more than others but i only buy what i like. no point imo in collecting something you dont even like.
The point was to complete a collection of a signature series. Why is that so hard to grasp? -- and I'm not saying that in a disrespectful way. The problem seems to be how the term "collection" is being used. I wanted the entire line -- the whole collection. To do so, there are going to be pairs that I didn't like, obviously, but there was a bigger picture. You're using collection in general terms, like all the shoes you own being "your collection".

The point was to complete a collection of a signature series. Why is that so hard to grasp? -- and I'm not saying that in a disrespectful way. The problem seems to be how the term "collection" is being used. I wanted the entire line -- the whole collection. To do so, there are going to be pairs that I didn't like, obviously, but there was a bigger picture. You're using collection in general terms, like all the shoes you own being "your collection".

i see what ur sayin. were on the same page now. I wanted to collect all jordans 1-23 at one point but the thing is i cant stand a lot of jordans so i came to the conclusion that buyin a bunch of crap i dont even like just to complete some silly collection was useless. wasnt trying to give u a hard time. I understand now

I feel you 011781.  That is my definition of collecting too.  You collect all the items no matter if you like them or not to complete the series.

There are others who collect only what they like too, though.

i see what ur sayin. were on the same page now. I wanted to collect all jordans 1-23 at one point but the thing is i cant stand a lot of jordans so i came to the conclusion that buyin a bunch of crap i dont even like just to complete some silly collection was useless. wasnt trying to give u a hard time. I understand now
No problem man, no offense was taken.

My apologies in advance if this has already been addressed, but...

What are you guys hearing locally for distribution? I spoke to some of my sneaker spots (i'm in Philly) and it's kind of weird...The Aways aren't a HoH-exclusive, but no regular Foot Lockers seem to be getting them. Another chain that gets most limited stuff around here is also not getting them. I know of two stores that aren't HoH's that are getting them...It's more than what Philly got for most of the KD IV's, but still seems low for a supposedly GR shoe.

I'm not saying the Aways aren't GR's...I know that they are, but are other cities getting not-so-general-release information at their local retailers?

My apologies in advance if this has already been addressed, but...
What are you guys hearing locally for distribution? I spoke to some of my sneaker spots (i'm in Philly) and it's kind of weird...The Aways aren't a HoH-exclusive, but no regular Foot Lockers seem to be getting them. Another chain that gets most limited stuff around here is also not getting them. I know of two stores that aren't HoH's that are getting them...It's more than what Philly got for most of the KD IV's, but still seems low for a supposedly GR shoe.
I'm not saying the Aways aren't GR's...I know that they are, but are other cities getting not-so-general-release information at their local retailers?
If you need the Aways (I see you are in Philly), FNL on Chestnut will have them tomorrow. I didn't check anywhere else because I just went there for laces and saw the shoe a counter next to the register.

Wish they would of did something with sonic. Gold ring around the kd logo would of been cool then add other sonic stuff.

If you need the Aways (I see you are in Philly), FNL on Chestnut will have them tomorrow. I didn't check anywhere else because I just went there for laces and saw the shoe a counter next to the register.

Preciate the info G!

The laces on these reminds me of the friendship bracelets that we use to wear from back in the day.

Not my pics BTW

I can't wait to see the all star colorway of the 3 sigs. LeBrons are always the best hope Leo backs his claim up and the kd vs are the best this year.

LMAO so you sold your kicks...kicks you liked, because other people like them????
Who's the hypebeast???
Maybe you should change your avy to an I$$ avy forget NT, you more like SC because you sounding made steveish right now

What in GOD'S NAME does "steveish" mean?

Also, what's so wrong with that dude asking if the Energies come with a special box? Maybe he's just curious. It's an honest question. How is that creating hype?

Back
Top Bottom