OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KOBE VI THREAD: ((NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grinches look cold. need to get those. hope these are more comfy to hoop in than Vs... Vs suck IMO

Originally Posted by cmoweb

Grinches look cold. need to get those. hope these are more comfy to hoop in than Vs... Vs suck IMO

Thats the thing. Everybody has an opinion on shoes and if they like them. Just because you dont like them doesn't mean someone else wouldn't you know. Just because mugen doesn't and the traction isn't up to par for him doesnt mean they wont work for me or others. Ive never been one to go by other peoples opinions on shoes, ive always enjoyed trying them out for myself and getting a feel for them compared to my feet and my game you know?I really can't wait to get these on the court. I haven't been this excited about a performance shoe since those Kobe 2s

Agreed big homie. I was actually surprised when I saw so many people felt Vs were great for hooping. But obviously to each his own, and I gotta see/try for myself...

Originally Posted by rgotgame3

yes i have bad lighting i think..trust me with nwt's camera these things kill it..i need to get a hook up on that camera nwt...
wink.gif

send them to Edwin and make him do the photography
pimp.gif
I was gonna buy the 9 at Marqueesole too...

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Thats the thing. Everybody has an opinion on shoes and if they like them. Just because you dont like them doesn't mean someone else wouldn't you know. Just because mugen doesn't and the traction isn't up to par for him doesnt mean they wont work for me or others. Ive never been one to go by other peoples opinions on shoes, ive always enjoyed trying them out for myself and getting a feel for them compared to my feet and my game you know?I really can't wait to get these on the court. I haven't been this excited about a performance shoe since those Kobe 2s

usually there's a general consensus on whether or not traction is good on a shoe... i know mugen is only one person, but when you have a bunch of people saying traction is bad (i'm just theoretically speaking right now), how's it all of a sudden gonna be 10/10 for you?

Originally Posted by johnmckoolaid

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

The upper without the snakeskin texture features almost nothing. Basic to the max. I wonder where the line goes from here. You cant get much more basic than that. It reminds me of the ultraflight's upper. Shell in the back but mainly all white tumbled one layer leather. I guess you get creative with material usage, midsole design, and heel counters. I wonder if we'll see any all leather pairs without the snakeskin

thats what i have been thinking since i first saw pics of the samples, i dont think i have ever seen a nike shoe with such little design, even the ultraflights had more goin on than these, aside from the scales this shoe has nothingg new, im sure all those little guys that dont like "heavy" shoes will praise these tho
Many here are straight up calling these "creative as hell". Atleast one person agrees with me. I just don't get it . I guess it's almost in the same light as the see through AF1 from a couple years back. The "material" makes it all so new and eye opening. I'm almost through with Lebron or Kobe shoe threads. It's hard dissecting brand/player loyality and just straight up normal performance/quality/decision objectiveness.

Looking at the eastbay photos on page 108, you realize just how NOT like a snake the scales are up close. From a distance they look decent. But personally im leaning towards them looking like a bunch of tumors or pimples. Real snakeskin scaling is flawless. Obviously I doubt that was entirely possible without a greater cost, but that should be something you yell at Nike about and say "that looks nothing like snakeskin" I guess it's really love or hate shoe. Performance may rule supreme over its actual looks, so I may give them a chance on that merit alone. I won't sit here and say it's revolutionary though.

People are funny with saying how light they are. The difference between a normal shoe and a "light shoe" is maybe 5oz. An empty powerade bottle weighs 2oz. Anywhere from 4oz to 13oz may be BARELY recognizable to the average person. Just like a human ear finds it hard to distinguise a 1.5dB difference. Yet companies and people use these close measurements to prove something.

Just curious, just how light are these?

was going through the first few pages of the hyperdunk thread and saw this...

LMAO @Andrew...

blackcat23mj wrote:i will not buy a low cut kobe shoe...i hate low cut bball shoes. dang it! well i guess ill be saving some money then.

in regards to the McFlys...will they be the same and are they inspired by the great work of BP?

+$+% how light these shoes are. Does anyone know what the cushioning set-up is? I'd seriously consider these if they have full-length zoom. Nike really doesn't have enough lowtop kicks with this set-up.

Originally Posted by rgotgame3

9cc15ee1a0ecf6f5e5289adffa04e94856d467e.pjpg
sorry for the ipone pic but i dont have a good camera like nwt!! lol they are very very light!!!

They look good to me! I'm loving this shoe. Some ppl see it as uninspiring... Some ppl see it as unique/creative.

It's not the upper that makes the shoe.....
Eric knows exactly where the beauty lies and that's why he made it that way.... And thats the MISDOLE SWERVE...
Just like the ZK5s, it was the eyestay shape.... Add no layers on the 5s, what do you have?
these 6s are dope and sick. The snake print is an addition. And these will sell well, and it doesn't hurt that it's a Kobe sig.... The 4s sold out and that shoe looks 10 years outdated compared to the 5s.

And yeah, weight does matter now days. If your into basketball shoes and love playing in every type of shoe created for balling purposes, you'll have an appreciation for less weight. It's not a Nike Gimmick.....

Hell, look at your other Bball kicks out right now... they're lighter than a grip load of Bball kicks made 5+ years ago. It's a demand.

Look at Lebrons kicks. He wants his shoes lighter now... And that guy is a 260 pounder... What's a couple ounces to him?.... Obviously he notices a difference.

Bringing up the weight of an empty bottle isn't a valid analogy...

Originally Posted by al3x89

I really can't wait to get these on the court. I haven't been this excited about a performance shoe since those Kobe 2s

usually there's a general consensus on whether or not traction is good on a shoe... i know mugen is only one person, but when you have a bunch of people saying traction is bad (i'm just theoretically speaking right now), how's it all of a sudden gonna be 10/10 for you?

A lot of people bashed on the traction for the V and I never really had problems with them. Once that break in period was done they were awesome to me. I just feel like some people are writing this shoe off before it even hits shelves because some people are having issues with traction. Im not the type to do that. Thats all I was saying.

The christmas shoe is hot but there is no way I would have paid $290 for a pair. Thanks for the pics though.

yeah i here ya on the 290 lol i thought i was crazy too..but like i said one day of overtime and they are mine..who knows how they will sell,if they will be limited or not..i just wanted my pair now..in person they are sick..very very light..if they come out and everyone can get a pair i will double up on these,but if they make these limited and i cant get a pair on release then with ebay prices ill be paying 200 for them anyway so the extra money for a month early doesnt hurt me but i do agree 290 is steep lol.. trust me when you see these in person you are gonna want them.. you are welcome for the pics i just wanted to show everyone what the shoe looked like in real pics.. let the countdown begin...

Originally Posted by al3x89

I really can't wait to get these on the court. I haven't been this excited about a performance shoe since those Kobe 2s

A lot of people bashed on the traction for the V and I never really had problems with them. Once that break in period was done they were awesome to me. I just feel like some people are writing this shoe off before it even hits shelves because some people are having issues with traction. Im not the type to do that. Thats all I was saying.

i understand, and i feel the same way. however, if the majority of the people say the traction is bad... it's gonna sway my decision.
with the V's, not everyone said the traction was bad... people just said it wasn't as good as the IV's. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom