OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KOBE VI THREAD: ((NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by DFABIX

^^^that's some ridiculous pricing....just to have it a few weeks early?
but then again, if you got the paper.....and the need for recognition....pick those babies up!
It is a little much but for a new model 2 months early...not that bad IMO. I have the cash but just no patience.
laugh.gif

I dont care for the recongnition, hence me not tagging pics or posting on every forum. Just trying to do what I can to inform the NT community.

Originally Posted by abernja

What's the style number for the Kobe VI?

Or maybe a more direct question. Is the Kobe line still exclusive to Foot Locker, or will Finish Line carry the ZKVI?

Originally Posted by Mugen EP

^^^that's some ridiculous pricing....just to have it a few weeks early?
but then again, if you got the paper.....and the need for recognition....pick those babies up!
It is a little much but for a new model 2 months early...not that bad IMO. I have the cash but just no patience.
laugh.gif

I dont care for the recongnition, hence me not tagging pics or posting on every forum. Just trying to do what I can to inform the NT community.

I hear ya Mug....
in my old age, its almost worth paying extra to not deal with the goofy kids at the releases... 
happy.gif

and don't get me wrong, when my homie got the girl at FTL to sell him a pair of the aways before they released and he flipped them right back to me the same day....
I was pumped to wear them to the gym every time with that ...."I got that new +%%....and it's fresh.......be jealous suckaz...."  attitude... LOL

you are a philanthropist sir....keep the community spirit alive.......
laugh.gif

The traction though, was sub V performance. My gym floor is usually pretty clean so I cant imagine it being the court. Next time I'm going to bring my V's with me and do a back to back comparision but so far, after tonight I would say the V has better traction. I know this isnt what people wanted to hear but just speaking the truth.

This sucks. Unique outsole designs like EKG and snake skin are cool and all, but give us tried and true herringbone! I'd rather have guaranteed traction instead of wondering if the shoe is going to have good traction every year. Nike got it right with the IV.

Originally Posted by nflowshoe

It will be funny if someone else in the NBA debuts the Kobe vi before he does

Not impossible, but then again, which NBA player is gonna spend $300+ to get them early.

Nike is sure in hell not gonna send a specific player the shoes early, and jeopardize Kobe not being the one to debut them. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Not impossible, but then again, which NBA player is gonna spend $300+ to get them early.

Nike is sure in hell not gonna send a specific player the shoes early, and jeopardize Kobe not being the one to debut them. 
laugh.gif
If this did happen, maybe Nike would start releasing the new sig shoe at the beginning of the season. Part of me wants someone to force their (Nike) hand

Originally Posted by MMoreno1015

laugh.gif
If this did happen, maybe Nike would start releasing the new sig shoe at the beginning of the season. Part of me wants someone to force their (Nike) hand
hell if i was in the nba i would pay like 1000's for my shoes
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron

awesome review mugen. great pics too!
my one question: does the mesh type upper seem durable? not the scale. but the upper itself.
or are they like the hyperfuse? thanks!
It feels very durable. It is not like a mesh "cloth" type material like the hyperfuse at all. The upper has the same charateristics as the V. Looks to flex and bend the same as well.

Originally Posted by chaose57

Mugen, does the VIs really feel dentical to the V's?coz im hoping for it to be more breathable.and much more responsive
They dont feel identical to the V's but they of course are very similar.

So far the major differences I can tell are:

1. Less vertical clearance in the toe box. It does appear to be wider but I think combined with the material on the upper your toes are definitely restricted. This adds to the overall "lockdown, one with the foot" feel that this shoe has. I can see the casual fan complaining about this though and probably going .5 size up.

2. Less padding around the ankle but there appears to be almost a memory foam type material around the heel. The shoe seems to feel better after the first day.

3. The heel counter feels very different from the V. The way it stretches to the middle of the shoe gives you a lockdown feel from the heel all the way to the back of your arch.

4. There is more cushion in the forefoot. These have a softer ride than the V and again; after wearing the VI's all day Saturday and then switching to the V's they felt "flat" in the forefoot.

This is all with just casual wear and some light running/sprints in the gym. I'm hoping to be able to get some time to ball Wed/Thurs this week so I can give a performance review. For the record I'm 5'11", 180lbs and play a 2/3.
Mugen wait your 5'11 and you wear what shoe size? 9.5?

Originally Posted by Mr NikeTalk Sr

hell if i was in the nba i would pay like 1000's for my shoes
laugh.gif

I would like to think if I was in the NBA, I would never have to pay for shoes again. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

They'll send them free.   Free advertising.

laugh.gif

Impossible. Nike won't allow that thing to happen....

Or Mugen could go to a Laker game and streak down the court wearing the VI(with clothes on too of course)
laugh.gif
I bet Kobe would get a kick out of that.

What ? If an NBA player is not under contract. He can wear whatever he want. I guess not many NBA player are Kobe collector

^^^lots of head were sporting Kobes since the IV's.....even more with the V's.....gotta assume it'll be the same this year...
maybe it's only available to them, once it is for the general public?
one of these fiends on here has to know, right?

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

What ? If an NBA player is not under contract. He can wear whatever he want. I guess not many NBA player are Kobe collector

No one even questioned that
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

maybe it's only available to them, once it is for the general public?
It definitely seems so.   Otherwise, it wouldn't make sense. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom