OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KOBE VII THREAD (ELITE $200!: CounterKicks.com)

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron

Originally Posted by MoreUptempo

I'm glad they're not using that outsole...
unless the updated outsole has a narrower herringbone, i don not understand this comment
because I like this outsole:
nike-zoom-kobe-vii-7-herringbone-outsole-counterkicks-1.jpg

it looks like it will have better traction than the 6s and the 6 had good traction. I'm down with a little design and the herringbone half toe..
I see now.  I had completely forgotten about that picture.  Personally, I don't think that the VIs had good traction AT ALL, compared to previous models.  Their traction is by no means bad, but it leaves a lot to be desired.  I'm a fan of full-herringbone (Huarache 2k4, etc.), but hey as long as the herringbone is somewhat retained on the medial side of the shoe, I'll be happy.  While I'm not always a proponent of function > aesthetic when it comes to visible parts of the sneaker, I think that the when determining outsole traction it is def not the time to be worrying about themes and such.  Herringbone has proven to be the best all-around traction for indoor courts, hands down.  Wish they'd stick to it.

I'm glad they're not using that outsole...
unless the updated outsole has a narrower herringbone, i don not understand this comment

it looks like it will have better traction than the 6s and the 6 had good traction. I'm down with a little design and the herringbone half toe..
I see now.  I had completely forgotten about that picture.  Personally, I don't think that the VIs had good traction AT ALL, compared to previous models.  Their traction is by no means bad, but it leaves a lot to be desired.  I'm a fan of full-herringbone (Huarache 2k4, etc.), but hey as long as the herringbone is somewhat retained on the medial side of the shoe, I'll be happy.  While I'm not always a proponent of function > aesthetic when it comes to visible parts of the sneaker, I think that the when determining outsole traction it is def not the time to be worrying about themes and such.  Herringbone has proven to be the best all-around traction for indoor courts, hands down.  Wish they'd stick to it.

The VI's traction was #@**. It's one of the first things I look at in a shoe and chances are no evidence of a herringbone outsole Nike aint getting my money.

This half medial, half Mamba-Kobe-needs-to-be-different outsole is ridiculous.  I can see it for marketing reasons, but come on Nike.  Kobe is a top athlete, all his gear is supposedly 'marketed' as top of the line no nonsense %%$%#+%%.  If you want to create the best all around shoe, you need herringbone full stop. What's the point in light-weight, flywire, zoom air, carbon shank, brail writing if you can't even do a sharp cut? lol

Nike you're doing it wrong.

The VI's traction was #@**. It's one of the first things I look at in a shoe and chances are no evidence of a herringbone outsole Nike aint getting my money.

This half medial, half Mamba-Kobe-needs-to-be-different outsole is ridiculous.  I can see it for marketing reasons, but come on Nike.  Kobe is a top athlete, all his gear is supposedly 'marketed' as top of the line no nonsense %%$%#+%%.  If you want to create the best all around shoe, you need herringbone full stop. What's the point in light-weight, flywire, zoom air, carbon shank, brail writing if you can't even do a sharp cut? lol

OP needs to update the thread name like the bb1.5 thread "are these happening??!!"

watch nike release pics after this post lol.

OP needs to update the thread name like the bb1.5 thread "are these happening??!!"

Originally Posted by Jewelzm3

Originally Posted by monase

patiently waiting for RD, this looks like a ninja drop

I agree F the pictures, give the release date.
It's already been announced. December 20th.

And I guarantee the people that keep talking about herringbone this and herringbone that don't even hoop. Dudes kill me.

Originally Posted by Jewelzm3

Originally Posted by monase

patiently waiting for RD, this looks like a ninja drop

I agree F the pictures, give the release date.
It's already been announced. December 20th.

And I guarantee the people that keep talking about herringbone this and herringbone that don't even hoop. Dudes kill me.

Originally Posted by I3

Damn I wasn't tryna go in on em like that but.. *slow clap* well said

Originally Posted by I3

Damn I wasn't tryna go in on em like that but.. *slow clap* well said

Back
Top Bottom