OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KOBE VII THREAD (ELITE $200!: CounterKicks.com)

inchecksince81

You could say that. the 6 had simpler midsole balancing the ridiculous upper.
but what's funny is this, last year people said that the 6 had no casual appeal like the
zk5. And now look how popular the zk6 is... but yeah, as of now in terms of casual appeal
zk6>zk7 but I wouldn't say zero casual appeal.

Originally Posted by Freeze

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

these shoes really missed the ball with me. they look soooo dang plain to me. like the next edition of dream years. I just dont get how the 6's were so stylish and these seem to regress in style. i have no problem with the price increase as i'll probably pass on this version of the line smh. 16 pairs of vi's...0 vii's. smh

You've seen all the colorways? 
How can you tell the VII's are going to be plain when only 2 of the simplest colorways in the Kobe line have been shown? 

If these are anything like the IV's, V's, VI's, there's going to be about 50 colorways. Hard for me to believe that all of them are going to be plain.
i'm not going off colorways my man. I'm looking at the body of the shoe. I'm sure theyre will be some wild colors, but because the body of the shoe is so simple, imo, they're only ever be colorful simple shoes.  I mean maybe theyll grow on me. I dont want to completely hate them, but right now, they seem like the slow stepbrother of the vis.  the scales on the vi's easily make the lack-there-of on these boring as hell

i agree. the VI's and VII's are really plain. but i care about performance, so i'll stick to these shoes over anything else releasing this year. 

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

these shoes really missed the ball with me. they look soooo dang plain to me. like the next edition of dream years. I just dont get how the 6's were so stylish and these seem to regress in style. i have no problem with the price increase as i'll probably pass on this version of the line smh. 16 pairs of vi's...0 vii's. smh

You've seen all the colorways? 
How can you tell the VII's are going to be plain when only 2 of the simplest colorways in the Kobe line have been shown? 

If these are anything like the IV's, V's, VI's, there's going to be about 50 colorways. Hard for me to believe that all of them are going to be plain.
i'm not going off colorways my man. I'm looking at the body of the shoe. I'm sure theyre will be some wild colors, but because the body of the shoe is so simple, imo, they're only ever be colorful simple shoes.  I mean maybe theyll grow on me. I dont want to completely hate them, but right now, they seem like the slow stepbrother of the vis.  the scales on the vi's easily make the lack-there-of on these boring as hell

i agree. the VI's and VII's are really plain. but i care about performance, so i'll stick to these shoes over anything else releasing this year. 

Originally Posted by inchecksince81

Whenever a shoe takes a step back in looks and a step foward in performance they're going to get a bad report from the casual seekers. The 6s had so much casual appeal, the 7s....basically none. I think these will perform well but if your not a ball player I can see the complaints. They look pretty weak so far.....

honestly.. they're made for ball so i don't give a %+!# if non-ball players don't like these.
they're made for basketball, not for a night out, caring about creases, etc.. 
laugh.gif
 if someone is able to pull this off, i'm not hating on them. just don't complain that a BASKETBALL shoe doesn't have any casual appear. it's one of the stupidest thing i've ever heard.

i swear, some of the mentality of people on this board boggles my mind. it's like a woman buying ball shoes and getting pissed off they don't go with her dress...

Originally Posted by inchecksince81

Whenever a shoe takes a step back in looks and a step foward in performance they're going to get a bad report from the casual seekers. The 6s had so much casual appeal, the 7s....basically none. I think these will perform well but if your not a ball player I can see the complaints. They look pretty weak so far.....

honestly.. they're made for ball so i don't give a %+!# if non-ball players don't like these.
they're made for basketball, not for a night out, caring about creases, etc.. 
laugh.gif
 if someone is able to pull this off, i'm not hating on them. just don't complain that a BASKETBALL shoe doesn't have any casual appear. it's one of the stupidest thing i've ever heard.

i swear, some of the mentality of people on this board boggles my mind. it's like a woman buying ball shoes and getting pissed off they don't go with her dress...

when will people understand... THESE ARE BASKETBALL SHOES, if you want shoes to wear casually go buy a casual shoe? smh

when will people understand... THESE ARE BASKETBALL SHOES, if you want shoes to wear casually go buy a casual shoe? smh

Patiently waiting and monitoring this thread until a unique colorway drops. All the people passing on this shoes will definitely be changing their tone. Happens every year with almost every new release.

Patiently waiting and monitoring this thread until a unique colorway drops. All the people passing on this shoes will definitely be changing their tone. Happens every year with almost every new release.

Originally Posted by jst628

Funny thing is I said the same thing and got called out for.
indifferent.gif

NT is like a female
laugh.gif

Funny thing is I said the same thing and got called out for.
indifferent.gif

NT is like a female
laugh.gif

Just like the 90's, basketball shoes will get rocked for casual wear.
The same will be done with these. 
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

i aint really complainng about the design ppl would like these to be more for casual wear but for me i will do both ball and casual wear...

since i got into the kobe line with the 2k5 when i was little i used my 2k5 in my freshman year to run my mile in gym and wore them for casual wear in school.

lol i had the ASG 2k5 and some girl said when i was running....ewwww those are ugly shoes! what are those things... Im just like
indifferent.gif

i aint really complainng about the design ppl would like these to be more for casual wear but for me i will do both ball and casual wear...

since i got into the kobe line with the 2k5 when i was little i used my 2k5 in my freshman year to run my mile in gym and wore them for casual wear in school.

lol i had the ASG 2k5 and some girl said when i was running....ewwww those are ugly shoes! what are those things... Im just like
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by LA KB24

indifferent.gif
lol, funny gym story

indifferent.gif
lol, funny gym story

indifferent.gif
lol, funny gym story

i dont know about casual wear. every pair of vi's I got, besides the ones I havent worn yet have seen the court and thats it. i dont even think they can be worn casually, minus a few cws. i mean, of course I've seen cats do it, but the majority look silly. the wild cws only seem viable on the court. idk about yall but the style overall is just amazing to me, and all the cws just made them that much more special. as far as performance, I had no complaints, provided I got my correct size. once the shoe bonds to your foot, imo, i could do no wrong. it gave me the stability and proper resistance I need. I'm an athletic attacking guard, so I need to be able to stop and go on a dime. They came through for me time and time again.

I cant say for sure yet if the vii's will out perform these, but just going on looks...vi's>>>>>>>>>vii's by a mile. and since I didnt have any complaint in the performance of the vi's, it looks like I'll be waiting for the viii's. no hate to any of you that like them though, who knows, they might grow on me, like fungus. shrugs.

i dont know about casual wear. every pair of vi's I got, besides the ones I havent worn yet have seen the court and thats it. i dont even think they can be worn casually, minus a few cws. i mean, of course I've seen cats do it, but the majority look silly. the wild cws only seem viable on the court. idk about yall but the style overall is just amazing to me, and all the cws just made them that much more special. as far as performance, I had no complaints, provided I got my correct size. once the shoe bonds to your foot, imo, i could do no wrong. it gave me the stability and proper resistance I need. I'm an athletic attacking guard, so I need to be able to stop and go on a dime. They came through for me time and time again.

I cant say for sure yet if the vii's will out perform these, but just going on looks...vi's>>>>>>>>>vii's by a mile. and since I didnt have any complaint in the performance of the vi's, it looks like I'll be waiting for the viii's. no hate to any of you that like them though, who knows, they might grow on me, like fungus. shrugs.

Back
Top Bottom