OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KOBE VII THREAD (ELITE $200!: CounterKicks.com)

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Are we to assume that the zoom air is ONLY in the insoles and not in the midsole, or could we have double stacked zoom? Insole only air appears to be so old fashion. Maybe I am behind the times with this backwards trend of having elevated air. They are usually added to these other shoes like dunk SBs as a cost effective measure. Don't be surprised if thats the case here along with the AJ 2011.. You really don't get the ideal feedback that one would get with a lower to the ground built into the midsole zoom air. If it is true that we only get insole zoom air, price point should be no higher than $110.

but the AJ 2011's didn't have zoom air in the insoles.....

regarding the price point comment, zoom air or the cushioning technology isn't the only determinate of price. the material on the upper may have duty or tariff laws regarding importing products that contain that synthetic material or a certain blend of it. kinda like how 51% polyester/49% cotton shirts have a higher duty on them or a company has to pay more to import them into the US compared to a 51%c cotton/49% polyester shirt.

another variable are the manufacturing processes or procedures and the engineering costs that are required to make and produce the shoes. since kobes are super technical shoes, i wouldn't be surprised to hear of any amazing engineering feats that came about to make the shoes the way the guys in Beaverton dreamed them up...

Are we to assume that the zoom air is ONLY in the insoles and not in the midsole, or could we have double stacked zoom? Insole only air appears to be so old fashion. Maybe I am behind the times with this backwards trend of having elevated air. They are usually added to these other shoes like dunk SBs as a cost effective measure. Don't be surprised if thats the case here along with the AJ 2011.. You really don't get the ideal feedback that one would get with a lower to the ground built into the midsole zoom air. If it is true that we only get insole zoom air, price point should be no higher than $110.

regarding the price point comment, zoom air or the cushioning technology isn't the only determinate of price. the material on the upper may have duty or tariff laws regarding importing products that contain that synthetic material or a certain blend of it. kinda like how 51% polyester/49% cotton shirts have a higher duty on them or a company has to pay more to import them into the US compared to a 51%c cotton/49% polyester shirt.

another variable are the manufacturing processes or procedures and the engineering costs that are required to make and produce the shoes. since kobes are super technical shoes, i wouldn't be surprised to hear of any amazing engineering feats that came about to make the shoes the way the guys in Beaverton dreamed them up...

The cost of clothing is going up so naturally the cost of shoes is going to go up too. I can see these at $140.

The cost of clothing is going up so naturally the cost of shoes is going to go up too. I can see these at $140.

Parts of it looks like the ZKV. Just a little more tweaks and I'm ready to spend on these. hahaha

Parts of it looks like the ZKV. Just a little more tweaks and I'm ready to spend on these. hahaha

Originally Posted by NikeShoeHead

Again maybe my logic is wrong. But it seems like it costs more to cut out a portion of a phylon/lunarlon midsole and place zoom air in there, and THEN add in that fabric overlay, than to simply have this removable insole that has been known to be in other models as a cost effective measure.

Great discussion about zoom air sockliners here
http://niketalk.com/topic/185785

To me it just seems like it may save them $10 bucks a shoe but they are still charging $20-25 more... Sure it may cost all this to produce a said product but don't look past them pulling this manuever to save money and MAKE money.

As far as the aj 2011, i was moreso talking about the removable nature of the insole/midsole
air-jordan-2011-white-black-18.jpg

I will always contest the fact that if its not a part of the foundation/flexible portion hitting the ground, it is just some foreign object attached to a shoe.. Do you realize full length encapsulated air has been around since almost FOREVER? I guess the AJ 2011s could have a $160 dollar leather material cost, but the cost sure aint coming from the midsole composition.

Lebron IVs, FP3s.. Many shoes have had the insole setup that we may see here with the kobe VII. The key for many of these shoes is that they now need to have a lower outsole/midsole so the added zoom air midsole doesnt make you feel like you are too high off of the ground. The past few kobes have strived to have low to the ground feel. Now Im not sure what we'll get.

Originally Posted by NikeShoeHead

Again maybe my logic is wrong. But it seems like it costs more to cut out a portion of a phylon/lunarlon midsole and place zoom air in there, and THEN add in that fabric overlay, than to simply have this removable insole that has been known to be in other models as a cost effective measure.

Great discussion about zoom air sockliners here
http://niketalk.com/topic/185785

To me it just seems like it may save them $10 bucks a shoe but they are still charging $20-25 more... Sure it may cost all this to produce a said product but don't look past them pulling this manuever to save money and MAKE money.

As far as the aj 2011, i was moreso talking about the removable nature of the insole/midsole
air-jordan-2011-white-black-18.jpg

I will always contest the fact that if its not a part of the foundation/flexible portion hitting the ground, it is just some foreign object attached to a shoe.. Do you realize full length encapsulated air has been around since almost FOREVER? I guess the AJ 2011s could have a $160 dollar leather material cost, but the cost sure aint coming from the midsole composition.

Lebron IVs, FP3s.. Many shoes have had the insole setup that we may see here with the kobe VII. The key for many of these shoes is that they now need to have a lower outsole/midsole so the added zoom air midsole doesnt make you feel like you are too high off of the ground. The past few kobes have strived to have low to the ground feel. Now Im not sure what we'll get.

Don't quote me on this because I haven't seen the official line sheets for myself but I heard these are going up to $140 or 150 range. The new LeBron 9 is bumped up to $165 next season. New Zoom KD IV is listed at $90, which is $2 up from previous years. If you've been following anything that's happening in the footwear industry over the last year, input costs are rising so all the companies have made public statements in response that they are raising prices across the board, and they're obviously going to raise it even more so on product they can get away with it on. Look at Jordan Brand. Kids are buying 10-20 year old technology and tooling that was originally $100 for $150 now and the product is still selling. All the companies are ticking up and you'll see it in particular across signature and statement level product. Kobe VII will be no different. Just some context to add to the conversation, keep it going...

Don't quote me on this because I haven't seen the official line sheets for myself but I heard these are going up to $140 or 150 range. The new LeBron 9 is bumped up to $165 next season. New Zoom KD IV is listed at $90, which is $2 up from previous years. If you've been following anything that's happening in the footwear industry over the last year, input costs are rising so all the companies have made public statements in response that they are raising prices across the board, and they're obviously going to raise it even more so on product they can get away with it on. Look at Jordan Brand. Kids are buying 10-20 year old technology and tooling that was originally $100 for $150 now and the product is still selling. All the companies are ticking up and you'll see it in particular across signature and statement level product. Kobe VII will be no different. Just some context to add to the conversation, keep it going...

Back
Top Bottom