OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KOBE VII THREAD (ELITE $200!: CounterKicks.com)

No way the VIs are a flop. I like the shoes for what they are, and if there's added historical value from the season, that's just a bonus. Kinda disappointed the VI thread got locked...

Yea... The VIs are not a flop at all... They are unique and a lot of dope colorways...

But im lovin' these Kobe 7s... Looks like an updated ZKIV... Lots of potential... Definitely onboard this and looking forward to the progression of the samples to the production pair...

Yea... The VIs are not a flop at all... They are unique and a lot of dope colorways...

But im lovin' these Kobe 7s... Looks like an updated ZKIV... Lots of potential... Definitely onboard this and looking forward to the progression of the samples to the production pair...

It was about time that thread go locked...

I just hope no more Laker talk goes on in this thread.

And no. A shoe doesn't flop b/c a player doesn't win a ring...

MJ didn't win a ring with the AJ 1-5. And those shoes are iconic and nice.

It was about time that thread go locked...

I just hope no more Laker talk goes on in this thread.

And no. A shoe doesn't flop b/c a player doesn't win a ring...

MJ didn't win a ring with the AJ 1-5. And those shoes are iconic and nice.

agree with NWT on that. jordan 3s are my fave. AI too doesn't have any chip but
some of his shoes are top 10 classic sigs... the question for one...

anyway, really digging the high tech look on the 7s. dope midsole. outsole is intricate.
upper is out of its mind! I mean.. really? that's too dope! imagine the patterns and CWs
they can create with these... smh at future money lost...

agree with NWT on that. jordan 3s are my fave. AI too doesn't have any chip but
some of his shoes are top 10 classic sigs... the question for one...

anyway, really digging the high tech look on the 7s. dope midsole. outsole is intricate.
upper is out of its mind! I mean.. really? that's too dope! imagine the patterns and CWs
they can create with these... smh at future money lost...

This looks really promising. I'm sure there will be a couple of differences on the final product but great start.

Pippen IV upper look+Kobe VI upper materials+Kobe I outsoles+Kobe V shape? hmmm
looking good~ always like Kobes

This looks really promising. I'm sure there will be a couple of differences on the final product but great start.

Pippen IV upper look+Kobe VI upper materials+Kobe I outsoles+Kobe V shape? hmmm
looking good~ always like Kobes

Originally Posted by jmizzo

^^^^ these do look promising...but wish they would just go back to the 4s but put zoom in the forefoot....instant winner...

that's what I have been thinking the whole time...for me the iv's have yet to be topped by anything out there...fit...lockdown....TRACTION...if only it had zoom in the forefoot it would be perfect...please just go back to herringbone

Originally Posted by jmizzo

^^^^ these do look promising...but wish they would just go back to the 4s but put zoom in the forefoot....instant winner...

that's what I have been thinking the whole time...for me the iv's have yet to be topped by anything out there...fit...lockdown....TRACTION...if only it had zoom in the forefoot it would be perfect...please just go back to herringbone

Upper seems very early 2000ish. To me, an instant reminder of a trainerposite type shoe. A shoe which would normally flop if given zero attachment to an athletic. So these threads are always really hard to gauge true innovation. I think I said it with the new lebrons. Everything else Nike Basketball seems to have downgraded to a point where we are nor getting excited about a shoe that has 2000 era technology. It deserves to be called a performance beast, but it's almost liking this to a supermodel whos not hot enough to hang out with the top tier talent, so she finds less attractive friends to boost her up.. There may be only 3 dual zoom air Nike Basketball shoes every year... It seems to be all smoke and mirrors here. We are getting less for more and the trap is set when these appear "top tier".

Upper seems very early 2000ish. To me, an instant reminder of a trainerposite type shoe. A shoe which would normally flop if given zero attachment to an athletic. So these threads are always really hard to gauge true innovation. I think I said it with the new lebrons. Everything else Nike Basketball seems to have downgraded to a point where we are nor getting excited about a shoe that has 2000 era technology. It deserves to be called a performance beast, but it's almost liking this to a supermodel whos not hot enough to hang out with the top tier talent, so she finds less attractive friends to boost her up.. There may be only 3 dual zoom air Nike Basketball shoes every year... It seems to be all smoke and mirrors here. We are getting less for more and the trap is set when these appear "top tier".

Originally Posted by slamdunk1967

When I see the material these shoes remind me of Nike Air Pippen IV...

yepp, I knew Ive seen something like it before... just couldnt put my finger on it hehe

Originally Posted by slamdunk1967

When I see the material these shoes remind me of Nike Air Pippen IV...

yepp, I knew Ive seen something like it before... just couldnt put my finger on it hehe

Originally Posted by showtime91

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

There looks to be some type of Ankle Brace incorporated into the shoe, much like the V prototypes...Once again the concept looks great.

Any of yall have experience playing in something with in a built-in brace?  Only shoe I can think of is the Melo 4, but the concept always looked cool to me
Is it a brace type thing, looks more like an inner sleeve to me?  I was just thinking about how I never see shoes, especially basketball shoes without inner-sleeves anymore.

Originally Posted by showtime91

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

There looks to be some type of Ankle Brace incorporated into the shoe, much like the V prototypes...Once again the concept looks great.

Any of yall have experience playing in something with in a built-in brace?  Only shoe I can think of is the Melo 4, but the concept always looked cool to me
Is it a brace type thing, looks more like an inner sleeve to me?  I was just thinking about how I never see shoes, especially basketball shoes without inner-sleeves anymore.

Back
Top Bottom