OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KOBE VII THREAD (ELITE $200!: CounterKicks.com)

I have to say the 5s and 6s are the two worst performers of the Kobe line (haven't played in the 1s though). I just don't understand why Nike continues to release basketball shoes without herringbone! time and time and time and time and time and time again, herringbone has been proven to be the best traction! why they release shoes with subpar traction designs just baffles me. Those samples look sick though! I'd cop multiples of that black white colorway

I have to say the 5s and 6s are the two worst performers of the Kobe line (haven't played in the 1s though). I just don't understand why Nike continues to release basketball shoes without herringbone! time and time and time and time and time and time again, herringbone has been proven to be the best traction! why they release shoes with subpar traction designs just baffles me. Those samples look sick though! I'd cop multiples of that black white colorway

dude, the 5s and the 6s have to be one of the best... the threes are the worst.
never had traction issues with the 6s really and after you've broken the 5s in,
zero issues. I UNds my 5s yesterday for ball right out of the box, it wasn't THAT
bad. it will get better after about 5 games...

dude, the 5s and the 6s have to be one of the best... the threes are the worst.
never had traction issues with the 6s really and after you've broken the 5s in,
zero issues. I UNds my 5s yesterday for ball right out of the box, it wasn't THAT
bad. it will get better after about 5 games...

Man, I don't know what kind of courts you all are playing on. Don't get me wrong, I believe herringbone without question is unmatched when it comes to traction, but I haven't had any issues with the 5s and 6s, no slipping whatsoever and I don't ever have to wipe the bottoms.

Anyway, the VII looks promising, can't wait to hear about any new tech it might have.

Man, I don't know what kind of courts you all are playing on. Don't get me wrong, I believe herringbone without question is unmatched when it comes to traction, but I haven't had any issues with the 5s and 6s, no slipping whatsoever and I don't ever have to wipe the bottoms.

Anyway, the VII looks promising, can't wait to hear about any new tech it might have.

The 5s have decent traction when you're moving side to side, but forward, they just slide out on me. The 6s are ok but they just feel like they're missing something. I love the 3s though, pretty light, last of the high tops, decent traction. I never had issues in them

The 5s have decent traction when you're moving side to side, but forward, they just slide out on me. The 6s are ok but they just feel like they're missing something. I love the 3s though, pretty light, last of the high tops, decent traction. I never had issues in them

via CounterKicks.com

Exclusive: Nike Zoom Kobe VII Brings Back Herringbone Traction Pattern Outsole, Sort Of

nike-zoom-kobe-vii-7-herringbone-outsole-counterkicks-1.jpg

Here’s an exclusive first look at the actual Nike Zoom Kobe VII outsole going into production. This has been the subject of much debate, with prototype and wear test samples showing both the fractal geometric design and full-length herringbone pattern alternately. Even more, performance-focused sneaker fans have begged in vain for a return to herringbone since it was last used on the Zoom Kobe IV.

This new Kobe VII image looks like Nike Basketball decided to split the difference, literally. A segmented line provides herringbone traction to the medial side of the shoe, while the triangle-shaped solid rubber pattern takes care of the rest of the shoe. Also seen in this new image is the carbon fiber midfoot plate and what appears to be continued usage of the braille-like “KOBE KODE

via CounterKicks.com

Exclusive: Nike Zoom Kobe VII Brings Back Herringbone Traction Pattern Outsole, Sort Of

nike-zoom-kobe-vii-7-herringbone-outsole-counterkicks-1.jpg

Here’s an exclusive first look at the actual Nike Zoom Kobe VII outsole going into production. This has been the subject of much debate, with prototype and wear test samples showing both the fractal geometric design and full-length herringbone pattern alternately. Even more, performance-focused sneaker fans have begged in vain for a return to herringbone since it was last used on the Zoom Kobe IV.

This new Kobe VII image looks like Nike Basketball decided to split the difference, literally. A segmented line provides herringbone traction to the medial side of the shoe, while the triangle-shaped solid rubber pattern takes care of the rest of the shoe. Also seen in this new image is the carbon fiber midfoot plate and what appears to be continued usage of the braille-like “KOBE KODE

I'm hoping to get more pics soon of all the styles coming. This is all that was sent to me so far today by our sources. Congrats to herringbone fans. You got Nike's attention halfway, I guess. Ha.

I'm hoping to get more pics soon of all the styles coming. This is all that was sent to me so far today by our sources. Congrats to herringbone fans. You got Nike's attention halfway, I guess. Ha.

I've also heard there might be more than the two editions people are talking about here, the regular and Supreme. I have heard 3 versions in total, but need to firm that up and get visuals for confirmation.

I've also heard there might be more than the two editions people are talking about here, the regular and Supreme. I have heard 3 versions in total, but need to firm that up and get visuals for confirmation.

Back
Top Bottom